ASB Hawaii Is About To Erupt
Chris DeMuth Jr. • 28 Comments
Chris DeMuth Jr. • 28 Comments
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:20 PM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 10, 8:48 AM
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:22 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q3 EPS of $0.49 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $717.2M (-17.3% Y/Y) misses by $158.01M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Sep. 1, 2015, 12:49 PM
- NextEra Energy (NEE -2.7%) and Hawaiian Electric (HE -2.7%) pledge 50 new commitments as part of their proposal to merge that they say would accelerate Hawaii’s goal of getting all of its power from renewable resources.
- The companies say the commitments, filed with the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission, strengthen the benefits the merger will produce for customers, saving them nearly $465B plus ~$500M in economic benefits to the state in the first five years after the merger closes; NEE also says it will maintain HE’s charitable donations and keep the utility locally managed.
- NEE has faced rising state opposition to its $2.63B takeover of HE; Hawaii's governor has said he was against the deal because it failed to align with the state’s goal of 100% renewable power, and the state's consumer advocate has said the deal is not in the public interest.
Aug. 10, 2015, 6:04 AM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q2 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $623.91M (-21.9% Y/Y) misses by $89.22M.
Jun. 24, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Northwest Natural Gas (NYSE:NWN) discloses that Gregory Hazelton has been named as Senior VP and CFO, effective June 30, replacing Stephen Feltz, who earlier announced his decision to retire.
- Hazelton most recently was VP of Finance and Treasurer of Hawaiian Electric Industries (NYSE:HE) since August 2013.
Jun. 11, 2015, 9:52 AM
- NextEra Energy (NEE +0.3%) has emerged as the frontrunner in an auction for bankrupt Energy Future Holdings' Oncor Electric, Bloomberg reports.
- Energy Future could name NEE the stalking horse bidder for its 80% stake in Oncor, which is the biggest owner and operator of power lines in Texas, in the next few weeks, according to the report.
- Oncor is considered the crown jewel of Energy Future, which filed for Chapter 11 last April after taking on too much debt in a $48B leveraged buyout, because Texas is adding electricity customers and state regulators support power line investments.
- Separately, Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE) shareholders approve the company's merger with NEE.
May 6, 2015, 5:51 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q1 EPS of $0.35 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $637.86M (-18.6% Y/Y)
Feb. 12, 2015, 4:22 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q4 EPS of $0.36 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $790.04M (-5.1% Y/Y)
Feb. 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:39 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:13 PM
- NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) and Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE) agree to merge in a deal valued at $4.3B including the assumption of $1.7B in HE debt.
- HE also plans to spin off its ASB Hawaii banking subsidiary to HEI shareholders and establish it as an independent publicly traded company.
- NEE says the deal expands its regulated holdings and further balances its earnings mix, and is expected to be neutral to EPS for NEE shareholders in the first full year post-close and accretive thereafter.
- The total value to HEI shareholders is estimated at $3.5B, or ~$33.50/share.
- HE +11.4% AH.
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:57 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q3 EPS of $0.46 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $867.1M (+4.6% Y/Y) beats by $63.03M.
Oct. 30, 2014, 5:38 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q3 Net Income of $13.26M
- Revenue of $60.78M (-2.9% Y/Y)
Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. operates as a holding company. The company through its subsidiaries engages in electric utility and banking businesses operating primarily in the state of Hawaii. It operates through three segments: Electric Utility, Bank and Other. The Electric Utility segment... More
Industry: Electric Utilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR