Hawaiian Electric Industries Inc.NYSE
ASB Hawaii Is About To Erupt
Chris DeMuth Jr. • 37 Comments
Chris DeMuth Jr. • 37 Comments
Fri, Nov. 4, 4:22 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 5:35 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:52 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:44 AM
Mon, Jul. 18, 9:12 AM
Mon, Jul. 18, 6:17 AM
- Due to a Hawaiian regulatory order dismissing the companies' merger application, NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) and Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE) have announced the termination of their plans to combine, effective immediately.
- Under the merger agreement's conditions, NextEra will pay Hawaiian Electric a $90M break-up fee and up to $5M for reimbursement of expenses associated with the transaction.
Sat, Jul. 16, 11:17 PM
- Hawaii's Public Utilities Commission voted late Friday to reject NextEra Energy's (NYSE:NEE) bid to purchase Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE) in a potentially fatal blow to the deal.
- The regulator said NEE failed to prove its plans for HE would be in the public interest, highlighting concerns about benefits to utility customers, a loss of local control of the utility and NEE’s commitment to deploying solar rooftop systems.
- NEE, the biggest owner of renewable power projects in the U.S., and HE, which serves 95% of Hawaii’s population, say they are reviewing the decision.
- The ruling may allow NEE to concentrate on its pursuit of Energy Future's Oncor Electric Delivery.
Thu, Jun. 30, 2:15 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (HE -6%) turns sharply lower after Hawaii’s governor appointed a utility regulator who analysts say may be skeptical of NextEra Energy’s proposed $2.6B takeover of the company.
- The governor's appointee to the three-member Public Utilities Commission has called for Hawaii to source all of its electricity from renewable resources by 2045 and has voiced opposition to NEE’s takeover bid, and replaces a former utility executive who was seen as “potentially sympathetic” toward the merger.
- "The prospects for the merger to be denied could be perceived to be higher, given the fact that the governor, who has voiced strong opposition to the deal, has appointed a new commissioner shortly before a decision is expected,” says an analyst at Glenrock Associates.
Tue, May 24, 6:45 PM
- NextEra Energy’s (NYSE:NEE) proposed $4.3B takeover of Hawaiian Electric Industries (NYSE:HE) looks increasingly less likely, as the company gets a new chance to buy the largest power distributor in Texas, Bloomberg reports.
- Analysts say this month’s collapse of a deal for the Oncor Electric unit of Energy Future Holdings may prompt NEE, North America’s largest generator of wind and solar power, to dump the Hawaii deal for a second pass at Oncor.
- Oncor’s power system is “a great strategic fit” for NEE, which can afford to walk away from "the uphill battle in Hawaii,” says Guggenheim Securities analyst Shahriar Pourreza; opponents have questioned NEE’s commitment to Hawaii’s goal of 100% renewable power by 2045 and dislike ceding control to the Florida-based company.
- NEE has said it could exit the HE deal after June 3 by paying ~$95M.
Wed, May 4, 1:36 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q1 EPS of $0.31 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $550.96M (-13.6% Y/Y) misses by $37.69M.
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:20 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q4 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $624M (-21.0% Y/Y)
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 10, 8:48 AM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE) declares $0.31/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.18%
- Payable March 10; for shareholders of record Feb. 22; ex-div Feb. 18.
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:22 PM
- Hawaiian Electric (NYSE:HE): Q3 EPS of $0.49 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $717.2M (-17.3% Y/Y) misses by $158.01M.