Hemispherx Biopharma, IncNYSEMKT
Hemispherx Biopharma: How One Filing Can Show You To Stay Far Away
Daniel Ward • 17 Comments
Daniel Ward • 17 Comments
Mon, Nov. 14, 4:54 PM
Mon, Sep. 19, 11:00 AM
Wed, Aug. 31, 12:45 PM
Wed, Aug. 31, 11:01 AM
Wed, Aug. 31, 10:22 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB -19.2%) slumps on more than double normal volume in response to its announcement of a private $5M equity placement with two institutional investors. The deal consists of common stock at $1.50, with each share being paired with one five-year warrant to purchase 3/4 of a share of common at $2.00.
- Net proceeds will fund technology transfer opportunities, expenses related to Ampligen manufacturing, working capital and general corporate purposes.
- Yesterday's close was $1.77.
Wed, Aug. 31, 9:15 AM
Tue, Aug. 23, 8:55 AM
- Nano cap Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSEMKT:HEB) jumps 46% premarket on increased volume in response to its announcement that lead product candidate Ampligen (rintatolimod) has been approved for sale in Argentina for the treatment of severe myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). According to the company, this is the first drug to gain regulatory approval to treat ME/CFS anywhere in the world.
- It will be marketed by the company's commercial partner in Latin America, GP Pharm. Efforts to expand access to other Latin America countries, and certain countries in Europe, are underway.
- Ampligen is an experimental therapeutic in a new class of specifically-configured RNA compounds for the treatment of diseases with immunologic defects and/or viral causation. It's been "experimental" for 25 years so investors should rely on thorough due diligence here.
Wed, Aug. 17, 4:52 PM
- With the aim of regaining listing requirements on NYSE MKT, Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSEMKT:HEB) will execute a 1:12 reverse split of its common shares on Friday, August 26. Post-split trading will commence on Monday, August 29.
- The action will reduce the number of outstanding shares to ~20.7M from ~249M.
Mon, Aug. 15, 5:09 PM
Tue, May 24, 7:05 AM
- The FDA approves Holly Springs, NC-based Seqirus' FLUCELVAX QUADRIVALENT, the firs four-strain, cell culture-derived, inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine for people at least four year old. The vaccine helps protect individuals against two influenza A and two B viruses for the current flu season.
- The traditional flu vaccine is trivalent, consisting of two influenza A viruses and one influenza B strain, although Sanofi's (NYSE:SNY) quadrivalent flu vaccine was approved by the FDA in December 2014 for use in adults.
- Each year, about 200K Americans are hospitalized due to flu complications.
- Seqirus was created in July 2015 when bioCSL and Novartis' (NYSE:NVS) influenza vaccines business combined, creating the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. Novartis sold the business to Australian blood products firm CSL Ltd. in October 2014 for $275M.
- Related tickers: (NYSE:GSK)(NASDAQ:NVAX)(NASDAQ:SVA)(NYSEMKT:HEB)
Mon, May 16, 5:11 PM
- Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSEMKT:HEB): Q1 EPS of -$0.01.
- Cash and equivalents of $7.9M.
Tue, Mar. 29, 5:43 PM
- Hemispherx Biopharma (NYSEMKT:HEB): FY15 EPS of -$0.06.
Thu, Feb. 18, 3:20 PM
- In a regulatory filing, Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB +4.3%) discloses that the board terminated the employment of Chairman, CEO and Chief Scientific Officer Dr. William Carter on February 17 over what appears to be differing visions on how to sustain the company's operations and stabilize cash flow and a divisive corporate culture.
- Board member William Mitchell, M.D., Ph.D., will take over as Chairman.
Fri, Jan. 22, 7:19 PM
- Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB +12.2%) says it expects manufacturing constraints at its newly upgraded Alferon facility in New Jersey, after a flood in the upstream processing clean room that contains its bioreactor.
- A malfunctioning sprinkler pipe caused the flood earlier this month. The company is working to assess the damage and curtail downtime.
- Hemispherx will focus on the Early Access Program and clinical sales during the production hiatus. It will update again when it can resume work needed to complete the FDA Pre-Approval Inspection.
Dec. 10, 2015, 2:59 AM
- New Ebola cases have surfaced in Liberia, the worst hit of all Ebola-affected nations, suggesting that the fight against the disease could take months, or even years, to fully eliminate.
- Recent scientific studies and case reports indicate the Ebola virus can persist in survivors' bodily fluids months longer than previously thought.
- Liberia has already been declared Ebola-free (42 days pass without a new episode of hemorrhagic fever) twice this year, only to see new cases appear.
- Previously: Sierra Leone declared free of Ebola (Nov. 08 2015)
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED
Nov. 17, 2015, 8:54 AM
- Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB) 9M15 results: Net Loss: ($12.1M) (+6.9%); Loss Per Share: ($0.05) (+28.6%); Quick Assets: $12.4M (-23.0%).
- No guidance given.