Mon, May 23, 5:57 PM
- Unilever (NYSE:UL), L'Oreal (OTCPK:LRLCF), Henkel (OTCPK:HENKY) and other companies have submitted first-round bids in an auction for hair care products maker Vogue International, which could value Vogue at $2.5B-$3B, Reuters reports.
- The bids come three years after a lawsuit hurt Vogue's effort to sell itself; buyout firm Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) acquired a 49% stake in the company last year.
- Florida-based Vogue produces OGX shampoo, which has enjoyed strong growth propelled by its colorful packaging which stands out in drugstore aisles.
Jun. 9, 2015, 3:04 AM
- Stepping closer to shedding some more non-core assets, P&G (NYSE:PG) has received several binding offers for separate parts of its beauty business.
- Bidders, including Henkel (OTCPK:HENKY), Coty (NYSE:COTY) and P-E firms KKR (NYSE:KKR), Clayton Dubilier & Rice and Warburg Pincus, have made offers in the billions of dollars for P&G's haircare unit, cosmetics division and fragrance business.
- CEO Lafley said last August he would reverse the company's strategy of aggressive expansion and unload more than half of its brands.
- Previously: Personal care companies prep bids for P&G beauty brands (Apr. 16 2015)
Apr. 16, 2015, 2:12 AM
- As part of a cost-cutting strategy by Chief Executive A.G. Lafley, Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) may soon offload $10B-$12B worth of its beauty brands.
- Personal care and cosmetics companies Henkel (OTCPK:HENKY), Revlon (NYSE:REV) and Coty (NYSE:COTY) are preparing bids for P&G's haircare business, cosmetics division and fragrance unit, respectively, sources told Reuters.
- CEO Lafley said last August he would reverse the company's strategy of aggressive expansion and shed more than half of its brands.
Founded in 1876, Henkel holds globally leading market positions both in the consumer and industrial businesses with well-known brands such as Persil, Schwarzkopf and Loctite.<br />Henkel, headquartered in Dsseldorf / Germany, has some 47,000 employees worldwide and counts among the most... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Department Stores
Other News & PR