Tue, Jul. 26, 10:31 AM
- The commercial property market slowed down in Q2, and CEO Mark Gibson expects some of the headwinds to continue in the second half of the year.
- Q2 company revenues of $117.7M slipped 5.9% Y/Y, and operating income of $17.6M fell 31.6%.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $28M fell 20.8% Y/Y.
- Total transaction volume of $17.1B and 528 deals vs. $18.8B and 549 deals a year ago.
- All this came amid a quick pace of hiring, with total employment of 863 up 13.9% Y/Y. Transaction professionals of 311 up 8.7%.
- HF -7.6%
- Previously: HFF misses by $0.10, misses on revenue (July 25)
Nov. 4, 2015, 3:20 PM
- While JMP views HFF's (HF -12.3%) Q3 earnings as disappointing (as does the market), business conditions for the commercial broker have improved in Q4. Growth drivers remain encouraging, and results should be better going forward.
- The team keeps an Outperform rating and $44 price target (nearly 40% above the current level).
- The company this morning announced the closing of the sale of a 518-unit Class A multi-housing community in Littleton, CO.
Aug. 12, 2015, 10:02 AM
- The hot-handed commercial brokerage sector takes a big breather as Goldman heads to the sidelines on a couple of winning long bets, and gets outright bearish on another.
- Cut to Neutral from Buy are JLL (JLL -2.4%), and HFF (HF -6.7%), and downgraded to Sell from Neutral is Marcus & Millichap (MMI -7.6%).
- Year-over-year, HF is ahead by 16%, JLL by 34%, and MMI by 76%.
Nov. 11, 2014, 12:08 PM
- Q3 net income of $18M or $0.47 per share vs. $13.3M and $0.35 one year ago. Adjusted EBITDA of $31.6M up 23%.
- Debt placement volume of $8.7M and 288 deals up 2.9% and 23.6% Y/Y. Investment sales volume of $7.9M and 153 deals up 37.2% and 25.4%. Equity placement volume of $991K and 27 deals up 228.5% and 68.8%.
- Total transaction volume of $17.7M and 471 deals up 19.3% and 23%.
- Employment is on the rise with headcount up to 703 vs. 626 a year ago.
- Previously: HFF beats by $0.03, beats on revenue
- HF +4.1%
Jan. 8, 2014, 9:39 AM
- HFF Inc. (HF +2.5%) gets an early boost as JMP Securities comes away impressed after meeting with incoming CEO Mark Gibson and expects the transition to be seamless. JMP reiterates its Buy rating on the sizzling stock.
- Previous: John Pelusi to step down on April 1.
Aug. 6, 2013, 2:53 PM
- The EPA makes clear in its ruling on renewable fuels that the market has reached certain barriers to greater consumption of ethanol, and that it will make adjustments to the mandated volumes of biofuel (including ethanol) in 2014, which should support a more normal market for H2 2013 and 2014, Wells Fargo says. (EPA document)
- The news removes a major barrier to investing in the refining sector, the firm believes, calling it a clear positive for HollyFrontier (HF +1.4%), PBF Energy (PBF +9.7%), Valero (VLO +4%) and Alon USA (ALJ +0.6%).
Dec. 6, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nov. 30, 2012, 5:31 PMHFF (HF) declares special dividend of $1.52/share. For shareholders of record Dec 10. Payable Dec 20. Ex-div date Dec 06. Shares +3.3% AH. (PR) | Nov. 30, 2012, 5:31 PM
Aug. 12, 2011, 2:13 PM
HFF, Inc. engages in the provision of providing commercial real estate and capital markets services. It offers debt placement, investment sales, distressed debt and real estate owned advisory services, structured finance, private equity placement, investment banking, loan sales and commercial... More
Industry: Mortgage Investment
Country: United States