Thu, Feb. 12, 3:51 PM
- Nike's (NYSE:NKE) new SNKRS app could pose a risk for Foot Locker (NYSE:FL), Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL), and Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB), according to Hedgeye.
- The app's ability to push out notifications on limited editions and new releases sets it up to be a disrupter.
- Shares of Nike are up 1.1% today on heavy volume.
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:43 AM
- The read on retail sales in the U.S. isn't nearly as bad as the headline -0.8% M/M drop for January.
- Retail sales were up 3.3% compared to a year ago with a few sectors showing strong growth.
- Restaurant sales +11.3% Y/Y: The strong read follows up on a positive report from Black Box Intelligence on the sector. CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, BDL, NATH, LUB, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, HABT, NDLS, PLKI, LOCO, YUM, KKD, TAST, GTIM, FRSH, COSI, FRS, PBPB, FRGI, QSR, CBRL, BLMN, ZOES.
- Sporting goods +8.0% Y/Y: DKS, BGFV, CAB, HIBB, SPWH.
- Building material and garden +6.9% Y/Y: A favorable weather compare came to the aid of this category. HD, LOW, LL.
- Health and personal care +6.6% Y/Y: Online channels have contributed for companies selling beauty and health items. ULTA, SBH, CVS, WBA, RAD.
Wed, Jan. 7, 1:29 PM
- Sporting goods chains trade higher after a report on Dick's Sporting Goods going private throws a spotlight on the sector.
- Big Five Sporting Goods (BGFV +3.1%), Hibbert Sports (HIBB +3.9%), and Cabela's (CAB +3.5%) are all well ahead of market averages.
- Previously: Dick's surges on going-private speculation
Nov. 21, 2014, 10:11 AM
- Shares of Hibbett Sports (HIBB +7.2%) rally after the company reports Q3 earnings.
- The company's 0.6% comp didn't dazzle, but a lift in EPS guidance for the full year indicates a stronger Q4 is expected.
- Execs noted the early rush of cold weather sets up November sales to exceed expectations.
- Previously: Q3 results, Q3 highlights
Nov. 21, 2014, 7:04 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.6% in Q3.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 50 bps to 36.3% on a higher mix of markdowns related to slow selling.
- Store operating, selling and administrative expenses ratio +20 bps to 22.1%.
- Guidance: FY15 EPS of $2.72-$2.75 expected.
Nov. 21, 2014, 6:31 AM
Nov. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 22, 2014, 10:31 AM| Comment!
Aug. 22, 2014, 6:33 AM
Aug. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 9:57 AM| Comment!
Aug. 8, 2014, 9:11 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:36 PM
May. 23, 2014, 6:56 AM
May. 23, 2014, 6:43 AM| Comment!
May. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
HIBB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR