Hibbett Sports, Inc.NASDAQ
Hibbett Sports: Upside Has Been Captured
Fri, Nov. 18, 6:46 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.7% in Q3.
- Gross profit rate declined 70 bps to 35.4% due to markdowns taken to reduce inventory, a negative effect of product mix and de-leverage of logistics and store occupancy expenses associated with lower comparable store sales.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate expanded 250 bps to 23.6%.
- Operating margin rate squeezed 330 bps to 9.8%.
- Store count +31 Y/Y to 1,067.
- FY2017 Guidance: Merchandise margin: relatively flat; Diluted EPS: $2.82 to $2.88.
Fri, Nov. 18, 6:31 AM
Thu, Nov. 17, 5:30 PM
Tue, Nov. 15, 12:34 PM
- Sporting goods chains Hibbett Sports (HIBB -4.6%), Foot Locker (FL -1.4%), Finish Line (FINL -2.4%) and Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV -3.1%) are all lower after Dick's issued weak profit guidance this morning.
- The decline of the sporting goods sector also coincides with a generally weak day in retail, with the S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) down 1.37% at last check. The retail sales report for October came in just fine this morning, but traders think the post-election sector rally may have jumped ahead of itself.
- Previously: Weak guidance sends Dick's Sporting Goods lower (Nov. 15)
Fri, Aug. 19, 8:46 AM
- Shares of Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) are in retreat in early trading after the sporting goods seller's profit guidance disappoints.
- The company expects full-year EPS of $2.93-$3.02 vs. $2.90-$3.04 prior and $2.98 consensus.
- Hibbett appears to be taking some lumps from its late start into e-commerce in comparison to peers. SG&A expenses rose in the last quarter due in part to the extra e-commerce investments. Despite the short-term pain, Susquehanna thinks Hibbett's e-commerce platform will pay off over time.
- Previously: Hibbett Sports beats by $0.02, misses on revenue (Aug. 19)
- Previously: More on Hibbett Sports' Q2 (Aug. 19)
- HIBB -7.51% premarket to $35.10.
Fri, Aug. 19, 6:45 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.8% in Q2.
- Gross profit rate improved 30 bps to 33% due to an improvement in the Company’s merchandise margin rate.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate up 70 bps to 25.9%.
- Operating margin rate dropped 50 bps to 4.9%.
- Store count +45 Y/Y to 1,059.
- FY2017 Guidance:Merchandise margin: flat to slightly positive; Diluted EPS: $2.93 to $3.02.
Fri, Aug. 19, 6:31 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 5:30 PM
Tue, Aug. 16, 9:52 AM
- Hibbett Sports (HIBB +3.6%) and Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV +0.5%) are both higher after Dick's reported a stronger than expected pace of same-store sales in Q2.
- The report from Dick's showed the benefit of the narrowed field of sporting good chains.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods rallies after same-store sales shine (Aug. 16)
Fri, Aug. 12, 7:47 AM
- Susquehanna initiates coverage on Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) with a Positive rating.
- The current Wall Street scorecard on Hibbett show 3 Sell/Undperform ratings, 13 Hold/Neutral ratings, and 3 Buy/Positive ratings.
- Hibbett closed at $36.61 yesterday vs. a 52-week trading range of $27.58 to $42.61.
Fri, May 20, 6:54 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.1% in Q1.
- Gross profit rate improved 20 bps to 37.2%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate grew 70 bps to 19.9%.
- Operating margin rate fell 50 bps to 15.7%.
- Inventory +7.9% Y/Y to $251.84M
- Store count +52 Y/Y to 1,053.
- FY2017 Guidance:Comparable-store sales growth: low single digit range; Product gross margin rate: relatively flat; Diluted EPS: $2.90 to $3.04.
Fri, May 20, 6:31 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB): Q1 EPS of $1.22 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $282.09M (+4.5% Y/Y) misses by $3.06M.
Thu, May 19, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 29, 10:54 AM
- MKM Partners dives into sporting goods retailer stocks with some new coverage out today.
- The investment firm initiates Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.8%) with a Buy rating and $56 price target. MKM thinks Dick's will continue to expand its e-commerce lead over peers.
- Hibbett Sports (HIBB +0.5%) is started off at Neutral.
- The sector is having an active month with a strategic review ongoing at Cabela's (CAB +0.7%) and Sports Authority prepping to sell assets through a bankruptcy auction. Despite some gloomy long-term forecasts on the future of sporting goods chains, shares have been on a roll this year - Dick's +32% YTD, Big Five Sporting Goods (NASDAQ:BGFV) +24%, Hibbett +20%, Cabela's +11%.
Mon, Apr. 18, 8:24 AM
- Sports Chalet announces it will close all 47 stores and end its online business.
- The sporting good brand is owned by Vestis Retail Group which also operates Eastern Mountain Sports and Bob's Stores.
- An official bankruptcy filing is anticipated.
- Related stocks: DKS, HIBB.
- Previously: Credit Suisse warns on the sporting goods sector (April 7)
Thu, Apr. 7, 10:04 AM
- Credit Suisse thinks there are too many sporting goods stores, even after factoring in the bankruptcy of Sports Authority and the potential closing down of Eastern Mountain Sports, Bob's Stores, and Sports Chalet.
- "Excess store growth has been one of our key concerns, with growth accelerating over the last couple of years," is the succinct analysis of CS.
- An important point from the investment firm is the lack of differentiation between chains all selling the same Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas products. Those three companies are also increasing their direct-to-consumer sales at an alarming pace.
- On watch: Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.2%), Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV -2.2%), Sportsman's Warehouse (SPWH -0.7%), Hibbett Sports (HIBB -1%).
- Now read Why We Sold Our Dick's Sporting Goods Shares