Fri, Nov. 20, 12:47 PM
Fri, Nov. 20, 10:09 AM
- Strong earning reports from Foot Locker (FL +7.9%), Hibbett Sports (HIBB +4.7%), Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings (SPWH +19.6%) seem to be reverberating around the sportswear/footwear sector.
- Lululemon (LULU +5.3%), Big Five Sporting Goods (BGFV +2.4%), Skechers (SKX +4.4%), Columbia Sportswear (COLM +4.1%), Under Armour (UA +3.6%), V.F. Corp (VFC +1.7%), Steven Madden (SHOO +3.5%), Crocs (CROX +2.2%), and Wolverine Worldwide (WWW +3.3%) are all solidly higher.
- Cabela's (CAB +7.2%) is higher off more merger speculation, while Nike (NKE +5%) gave investors plenty of reasons to smile last night on the buybacks and dividend front.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.2%) hasn't joined the sportswear party quite yet as the company's large retail footprint continues to dampen enthusiasm.
Fri, Nov. 20, 6:44 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.6% in Q3.
- Gross profit rate dropped 20 bps to 36.1%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate decreased 100 bps to 21.1% mainly due to a favorable legal settlement.
- Operating margin rate grew 80 bps to 13.1%.
- Store count +62 Y/Y to 1,031.
- FY2016 Guidance:Comparable-store sales: ~flat Y/Y; Diluted EPS: $2.87 to $2.94.
Tue, Nov. 17, 9:37 AM
- A dismal earnings report from Dick's Sporting Goods is impacting peers across the sporting goods sector.
- Dick's peers Hibbett Sports (HIBB -6.6%) and Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV -1.9%) are both down sharply in opening trades.
- Nike (NKE -1.2%), Deckers Outdoor (DECK -2.5%), Under Armour (UA -5.3%), and Columbia Sportswear (COLM -3.5%) are all lower in what appear to be related moves.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods -16.7% post Q3 results (Nov. 17 2015)
Fri, Aug. 21, 6:41 AM
- Gross profit rate declined 50 bps to 32.7%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate rose 120 bps to 25.2% mainly due to lower comparable-store sales.
- Operating margin rate fell 170 bps to 5.4%.
- Store count +64 Y/Y to 1,014.
- FY2016 Guidance:Comparable-store sales: flat or increase in the low single-digit range; Diluted EPS: $2.80 to $2.90.
Mon, Aug. 10, 6:47 PM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports it had FQ2 (ended Aug. 1) revenue of $199.3M, +2.8% Y/Y and below a $209.4M consensus. EPS is expected to be in a range of $0.26-$0.28, below a $0.35 consensus. Comparable store sales fell 1.1% Y/Y.
- CEO Jeff Rosenthal: "For the second quarter, comparable store sales were softer than expected. While we anticipated slower sales due to 10 states delaying their tax-free weekend by one week ... there also was underlying business softness. Details about sales trends in early August and our future outlook will be discussed when we report full second quarter results on August 21, 2015."
- Shares have fallen to $43.00 in AH trading.
Mon, Aug. 10, 5:40 PM
Fri, May 22, 7:04 AM
- Gross profit rate declined 50 bps to 37%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate grew 50 bps to 19.2%.
- Operating margin rate -121 bps to 16.23%.
- Inventory +13.1% Y/Y to $233.36M.
- Store count +62 Y/Y to 1,001.
- FY2016 Guidance:Comparable-store sales: low single-digit range; Product gross margin rate: flat to slightly negative; Diluted EPS: $2.95 to $3.04.
- HIBB -1.70% premarket.
Fri, Mar. 13, 9:14 AM
Wed, Jan. 7, 1:29 PM
- Sporting goods chains trade higher after a report on Dick's Sporting Goods going private throws a spotlight on the sector.
- Big Five Sporting Goods (BGFV +3.1%), Hibbert Sports (HIBB +3.9%), and Cabela's (CAB +3.5%) are all well ahead of market averages.
- Previously: Dick's surges on going-private speculation
Aug. 8, 2014, 9:57 AM| Aug. 8, 2014, 9:57 AM | Comment!
Aug. 8, 2014, 9:11 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:36 PM
May 20, 2014, 10:06 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -16.1%) sinks to near a two-year low in a shocking drop after the company resets sales and profit expectations.
- Though the company has a vibrant e-commerce channel, its massive retail footprint keeps scale an issue on the cost side. Weak demand for golf and hunting products also caught analysts by surprise.
- The read from Dick's is creating a selling wave across the sporting goods sector.
- Decliners: Cabela's (CAB) -5.4%, Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) -3.7%, Hibbett Sports (HIBB) -2.2%, Callaway (ELY) -4.7%, Nautilus (NLS) -1.9%.
Mar. 14, 2014, 8:26 AM
Aug. 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
Other News & PR