What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 18, 2015, 11:23 AM
- Halcon Resources (HK +10.7%) is higher after saying it plans to cut investment spending in half next year in a more "tempered approach” than originally expected due to weak oil prices.
- HK sets a 2016 capital budget of $180M-$210M and expects to reduce drilling and completion activity at key fields in the Bakken Shale in North Dakota and in east Texas, resulting in a production profile that is flat to -5% compared to 2015.
- HK says it is exercising caution even though it has $800M in liquidity and much of its crude production is hedged at $80.59/bbl.
Aug. 28, 2015, 8:42 AM
- Halcon Resources (NYSE:HK) +11.7% premarket after agreeing to issue $1.02B aggregate principal amount of new 13% senior secured notes due 2022 in exchange for $1.57B in outstanding unsecured debt securities, reducing the company's long-term debt by ~$547M.
- HK also says it received notice from the NYSE that the price of its common stock has fallen below the exchange's continued listing standard.
Aug. 3, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jun. 23, 2015, 9:50 AM
- Halcon Resources (HK +7.5%) opens higher after S&P upgrades its corporate credit rating to B- from SD (selective default), saying HK is unlikely to enter into additional debt-for-equity transactions which the ratings agency could view as distressed exchanges.
- The outlook remains negative, reflecting S&P's view that HK's leverage could deteriorate beyond expectations to approach levels considered unsustainable.
Jun. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 1, 2015, 12:32 PM
- Halcon Resources (HK +2.8%) is higher following the disclosure that Chairman/CEO Floyd Wilson purchased 1M shares of he company's stock on the open market in transactions last Thursday and Friday.
- The stock was purchased at an average cost of $1.03/share, with a total value of $1,03M; following the transaction, Wilson now directly owns nearly 4.75M HK shares valued at ~$4.9M.
Apr. 6, 2015, 12:44 PM
Feb. 13, 2015, 5:36 PM
Feb. 13, 2015, 9:15 AM| Feb. 13, 2015, 9:15 AM | 3 Comments
Dec. 26, 2014, 4:23 PM
- Though most large-cap energy stocks closed the day with modest gains or losses, a slew of small-cap and mid-cap U.S. oil and gas plays sold off on a day that saw WTI crude once more fall below $55/barrel, and Henry Hub natural gas drop below $3/mmBtu for the first time since 2012, before bouncing a little.
- Decliners: EXXI -4.4%. SGY -4.5%. HK -4.1%. EVEP -2.3%. NFX -3.2%. SDR -3.3%. SN -5.2%. SD -5.9%. LGCY -2.2%. CHKR -3.3%.
Dec. 1, 2014, 3:32 PM
- Prices of bonds issued by low-rated energy companies are falling sharply despite today's rebound in oil prices, amid worries that this year’s slump in oil markets will lead to a cash crunch.
- The most actively traded junk bonds at midday were Linn Energy’s (LINE -5.8%) two B-rated notes due 2019, which fell 9% to $0.82 on the dollar, pushing yields up to ~11.5%; Halcon Resources' (HK -1.3%) 2021 bond, which started weakening Friday, has dropped 10% today to $0.69 on the dollar, pushing up the yield to 17%.
- Energy XXI’s (EXXI -15.8%) debt which matures in 2017 fell 5.5% to $0.85 on the dollar and yielding 15.5%; Quicksilver Resources' (KWK +38.3%) bonds due 2016 have rebounded slightly but still trade ~$0.22 on the dollar.
- Should oil prices fall below $65/bbl and stay there for the next three years, J.P. Morgan high-yield energy analyst Tarek Hamid estimates that up to 40% of all energy junk bonds could default over the next several years.
Dec. 1, 2014, 9:13 AM
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Ladenburg Thalman throws in the towel on Oasis Petroleum (OAS -30%), Denbury Resources (DNR -14.9%), Resolute Energy (REN -18.3%) following OPEC's decision yesterday to hold production levels and the resulting tumble in crude oil, with WTI crude -6.4% to $69.95 per barrel.
- Some others: Bonanza Creek (BCEI -21.5%), Northern Oil & Gas (NOG -16.2%), Warren Resources (WRES -16.3%), Halcon Resources (HK -22%), Triangle Petroleum (TPLM -21%), Emerald Oil (EOX -26.4%), Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG -19.3%).
Nov. 28, 2014, 9:17 AM
Nov. 14, 2014, 5:38 PM
Halcon Resources Corp is an oil and natural gas company, which is engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of onshore liquids-rich oil and natural gas assets in the United States.
Other News & PR