Investors Should Book An Upcoming Short Opportunity For The June 10 Lockup Expiration At Hilton
- The 180-day lockup period on HLT will conclude on June 10.
- At this time, major pre-IPO shareholders will be able to sell their outstanding shares in the iconic hotel chain, likely affecting a supply shock and temporarily depressing the stock price.
- Given HLT’s recent strong results, we suggest this as a temporary short window, followed by a buying opportunity.
Hilton IPO Is Not A Sleeper - Buy This Blue Chip IPO
Fri, Oct. 17, 7:22 AM
- SunTrust upgrades Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm has a $26 price target on the stock.
- It's a nice shot in the arm for Hilton with shares being dragged down a bit along with the rest of the hospitality sector on fears of Ebola.
Wed, Oct. 15, 2:23 PM
- Canopy is the new lifestyle hotel brand from Hilton (HLT -4.5%), and Federal Realty Investment's (FRT +0.4%) urban mixed-use development, Pike & Rose in Rockville, MD, will be one of 11 locations chosen for the launch.
- Set to open in 2016, the 177-room hotel will be built by a partnership of Federal Realty and The Buccini/Pollin Group.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Oct. 15, 5:25 AM
- A second healthcare worker has contracted Ebola in the U.S.,
- The worker, a staff member at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, was among those who looked after Thomas Duncan, who died of the virus earlier this month.
- More on Ebola
- Related health stocks: TKMR, BCRX, HEB, INO, NLNK, NNVC, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, GSK, IBIO, APT, LAKE, SRPT, PLX, NSPH, SMED, VSR, AHPI
- Airlines: DAL, AAL, UAL, SKYW, ALGT, HA, LUV
- Hotels: MAR, HLT, IHG, STAY, H, HOT, CHH
- Lodging REITS: AHT, SHO, LHO, INN
Tue, Oct. 14, 7:02 AM
- The sale of the historic New York City Waldorf Astoria hotel by Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) to Chinese firm Anbang Insurance will be reviewed by the U.S. government on concerns of potential espionage.
- The U.S. ambassador to the U.N. leases a residence at the hotel and other U.S. diplomats use the facility frequently.
- Of particular concern is the "major renovation" planned for the Waldorf.
Mon, Oct. 13, 3:46 PM
- Hotel stocks suffer more selling pressure as Ebola fears continue to be a factor.
- Decliners: Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) -2.3%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) -2.2%, InterContinental (NYSE:IHG) -2.0%, Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY) -2.6%, Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) -1.6%, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (NYSE:HOT) -3.6%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) -1.9%.
Mon, Oct. 6, 8:43 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) announces it will sell the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City to Anbang Insurance for $1.95B.
- The agreement will see Hilton continue to manage the property for another 100 years.
- The company plans to use the proceeds to buy more hotel assets in the U.S.
- HLT +2.8% premarket
Wed, Oct. 1, 1:41 PM
- Concerns about the Ebola case in Dallas have contributed to a downward swing in hotel stocks
- The group has been one of the harder hit sectors on the day.
- Decliners: Starwood Hotels (NYSE:HOT) -3.8%, Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) -3.1%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) -1.4%, Diamond Resorts (NYSE:DRII) -3.0%, InterContinental Hotels Group (NYSE:IHG) -2.6%, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) -3.3%, La Quinta (NYSE:LQ) -1.7%, Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) -3.5%, Red Lion Hotels (NYSE:RLH) -2.3%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) -2.3%.
- Previous coverage on Ebola impact
Tue, Sep. 23, 7:30 AM| Comment!
Fri, Aug. 1, 7:30 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) announces system-wide revenue per available room rose 7.3% in Q2.
- Management and franchise fees were up 14% to $371M during the quarter, while timeshare revenue improved 6% to $276M.
- The company expects REVPAR to gain 5.5% to 7.0% for the full year and EPS to come in at $0.67-$0.70 vs. $0.66 consensus.
- HLT +1.0% premarket
Fri, Aug. 1, 6:03 AM
Thu, Jul. 31, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jul. 28, 3:02 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) is investing $550M to upgrade its tech platform and introduce new smartphone and tablet services.
- "We are giving customers unprecedented choice and control at scale, and in the palm of their hands," says CEO Christopher Nassetta.
- Guests already can check in and out via smartphone or tablet. By the end of the summer, travelers will be able to select their room location by mobile phone at six brands, and by 2015-16, guests can even begin using their smartphones to unlock the doors to their rooms.
Wed, Jun. 25, 9:44 AM
- It's another day of gains for Hilton Worldwide (HLT +1.8%) after strong demand for the sale of 90M shares in the company by Blackstone and affiliates, with pricing today being reported at $22.50 each. The underwriters retain an option to buy another 13.5M shares at that price.
- Ahead of the secondary announcement on Monday afternoon, the stock closed at $22.34.
- Source: Press release
- Previously: Blackstone lightening up on Hilton and Brixmor stakes
Tue, Jun. 24, 10:51 AM
- In the kind of price action an investor likes to see, Brixmor (BRX +0.8%) moves into the green after sliding as much as 4% in premarket trade following last night's 25M share offering from Blackstone and affiliates. The stock is now ahead more than 10% since its late-October 2013 IPO (while yielding more than 3%).
- Also higher (though after a far-smaller premarket slide) is Hilton Worldwide (HLT +1.5%) as Blackstone is cutting back its stake in that company as well.
Mon, Jun. 23, 4:13 PM
Mon, Jun. 16, 2:10 PM
- S&P raises its ratings outlook on Hilton Worldwide (HLT -0.3%) to a Positive stance from Neutral.
- The ratings agency bases its view on the assumption that the company will repay debt with internal cash and revolver borrowings.
- Hilton can earn another notch on its credit rating if it can push its debt-to-EBITDA ratio to less than 6X.
HLT vs. ETF Alternatives
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc is engaged in the ownership, leasing, management, development, and franchising of hotels, resorts, and timeshare properties. Its business is segmented into three areas, Management and Franchise, Ownership, and Timeshare.
Other News & PR