Investors Should Book An Upcoming Short Opportunity For The June 10 Lockup Expiration At Hilton
- The 180-day lockup period on HLT will conclude on June 10.
- At this time, major pre-IPO shareholders will be able to sell their outstanding shares in the iconic hotel chain, likely affecting a supply shock and temporarily depressing the stock price.
- Given HLT’s recent strong results, we suggest this as a temporary short window, followed by a buying opportunity.
Hilton IPO Is Not A Sleeper - Buy This Blue Chip IPO
Mon, Oct. 13, 3:46 PM
- Hotel stocks suffer more selling pressure as Ebola fears continue to be a factor.
- Decliners: Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) -2.3%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) -2.2%, InterContinental (NYSE:IHG) -2.0%, Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY) -2.6%, Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) -1.6%, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (NYSE:HOT) -3.6%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) -1.9%.
Mon, Oct. 6, 8:43 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) announces it will sell the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City to Anbang Insurance for $1.95B.
- The agreement will see Hilton continue to manage the property for another 100 years.
- The company plans to use the proceeds to buy more hotel assets in the U.S.
- HLT +2.8% premarket
Wed, Oct. 1, 1:41 PM
- Concerns about the Ebola case in Dallas have contributed to a downward swing in hotel stocks
- The group has been one of the harder hit sectors on the day.
- Decliners: Starwood Hotels (NYSE:HOT) -3.8%, Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) -3.1%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) -1.4%, Diamond Resorts (NYSE:DRII) -3.0%, InterContinental Hotels Group (NYSE:IHG) -2.6%, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) -3.3%, La Quinta (NYSE:LQ) -1.7%, Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) -3.5%, Red Lion Hotels (NYSE:RLH) -2.3%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) -2.3%.
- Previous coverage on Ebola impact
Fri, Aug. 1, 7:30 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) announces system-wide revenue per available room rose 7.3% in Q2.
- Management and franchise fees were up 14% to $371M during the quarter, while timeshare revenue improved 6% to $276M.
- The company expects REVPAR to gain 5.5% to 7.0% for the full year and EPS to come in at $0.67-$0.70 vs. $0.66 consensus.
- HLT +1.0% premarket
Wed, Jun. 25, 9:44 AM
- It's another day of gains for Hilton Worldwide (HLT +1.8%) after strong demand for the sale of 90M shares in the company by Blackstone and affiliates, with pricing today being reported at $22.50 each. The underwriters retain an option to buy another 13.5M shares at that price.
- Ahead of the secondary announcement on Monday afternoon, the stock closed at $22.34.
- Source: Press release
- Previously: Blackstone lightening up on Hilton and Brixmor stakes
Tue, Jun. 24, 10:51 AM
- In the kind of price action an investor likes to see, Brixmor (BRX +0.8%) moves into the green after sliding as much as 4% in premarket trade following last night's 25M share offering from Blackstone and affiliates. The stock is now ahead more than 10% since its late-October 2013 IPO (while yielding more than 3%).
- Also higher (though after a far-smaller premarket slide) is Hilton Worldwide (HLT +1.5%) as Blackstone is cutting back its stake in that company as well.
Mon, Jun. 23, 4:13 PM
Fri, May. 9, 7:08 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) reports a 6.6% Y/Y increase in RevPAR in Q1 as its system-wide occupancy rate improved 1.9% to 69.8%.
- Gross operating profit at the company's owned and operated hotels improved 174 bps over last year's mark during the period.
- Timeshares sales were up 13.1% to $199M.
- Guidance for system-wide RevPAR is set at 5.5% to 7.0%.
- HLT +1.6% premarket
Dec. 12, 2013, 10:19 AM
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) opens trading on the NYSE at $21.30 after pricing its IPO at $20.
- A strong first day has been expected with reports of strong investor interest pouring in.
- What to watch: Behind the vast number of hotels the company operates, Hilton has one of the strongest loyalty programs in the industry. HHonors has 39M members and a solid brand reputation which analysts think gives Hilton an edge.
HLT vs. ETF Alternatives
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc is engaged in the ownership, leasing, management, development, and franchising of hotels, resorts, and timeshare properties. Its business is segmented into three areas, Management and Franchise, Ownership, and Timeshare.
Other News & PR