From other sites
at CNBC.com (Sep 25, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 15, 2014)
Tue, Dec. 2, 1:05 PM
- A technical breakdown on the performance of retail e-commerce sites for Black Friday and Cyber Monday reveals some winners and losers.
- Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), Costco (NASDAQ:COST), Office Depot (NASDAQ:ODP), REI, Saks and NewEgg drew high marks for using responsive web design to create a seamless mobile experience for users.
- Costco and Sears were also on a list of fastest sites - along with Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS), W.W. Grainger (NYSE:GWW), Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM), and Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF).
- The extended holiday was more uneven for Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS), Cabela's (NYSE:CAB), and Forever 21 which had painful outages or slow performance times.
- J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) was reported to have had a temporary mobile glitch which caused a slowdown, but also ended up on a list of top website performers.
Tue, Nov. 18, 8:24 AM
- Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF) plans to launch in 8 new online markets next year as it keeps a heavy focus on e-commerce.
- The retailer already has already set up new online shops in France, China, Italy, and Spain this year.
- The brick-and-mortar expansion plan for 2015 by H&M includes new stores in South Africa, Taiwan, and India.
Mon, Nov. 17, 7:06 AM| Comment!
Wed, Oct. 8, 6:51 AM
- Cowen Research weighs in on the global apparel industry.
- The investment firm thinks the market will grow in the low single digits over the next few years.
- Moderate materials costs inflation will partially offset higher labor and compliance, predicts Cowen.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:FRCOY, OTCPK:IDEXY, GPS, PVH, RL, NKE, OTCQX:ADDYY, OTCPK:HMRZF, LULU.
Thu, Sep. 25, 7:09 AM
- Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF) reports revenue rose 21% to 38.81B kronor ($6.63B) for its June-to-August quarter.
- Net income rose 20% to 5.3B kronor ($740M) vs. 5.27 kronor ($736M) expected.
- Gross margin -50 bps to 58.3%.
- Shares of HMRZF are down close to 3.5% in European trading after a warning from the retailer on September sales.
Thu, Sep. 18, 10:44 AM
- Uniqlo (OTCPK:FRCOY) aims to have 39 stores up and running in the U.S. by the middle of November as it builds out its fast-fashion brand with consumers.
- The company has a goal to have 200 stores in the U.S. by 2020.
- What to watch Though traditional rivals for Uniqlo include Zara (OTCPK:IDEXY), Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF), and Gap (NYSE:GPS) - an explosive growth run by Uniqlo could threaten clothing chains (AEO, ARO, ANF, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE, URBN, WTSL, JNY, CACH, CATO, BEBE, TLYS) up and down the retail sector over the longer term.
Wed, Jun. 18, 7:08 AM
- Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF) reports a 25% gain in net income to 5.81B kronor ($870M) in FQ2 to top the consensus estimate of analysts.
- The global retailer's gross margin rate slipped 30 bps to 60.8%.
- Spring collections sold well as H&M picked up market share.
- The company plans to open new online markets in Spain, Italy, and China this year and 375 stores this year.
Wed, Jun. 18, 3:44 AM
- H&M (HMRZF) is planning to add up to 10 new online markets and a shoe range after a solid performance in its second quarter.
- "We have had a good second quarter with a strong increase in both sales and profits and increased market share," says CEO Karl-Johan Persson.
- Net profit in Q2 rose 25% to $876M, from $693M in the same period of 2013. Sales including value-added tax totaled $6.7B.
- Hennes & Mauritz is planning to open 375 new stores worldwide this year.
Wed, Apr. 9, 11:09 AM
- Fast-forward companies have the scale to continue to put the pricing hammer to teen retailers (AEO, ARO, ANF, GPS, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE), according to analysts.
- Though the group has been shifting strategy to align closer to the new styles and pricing points that teenagers want, fast-fashion giants such as Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF), Fast Retailing (FRCOY), and Inditex (IDEXY) appear to be at least a step ahead.
- What to watch: Critical to the successful transition of any teen retailer toward a fast-fashion model will be the ability to retool supply chains and cut down manufacturing turnaround times. Gap might have the edge in this area..
Wed, Mar. 19, 7:55 AM
- Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF) continues to grow its global store base aggressively to positive results.
- The fast-fashion giant added 374 stores last year to take its store count to close to 3.2K.
- Analysts think the retailer has an edge over other brick & mortar apparel sellers because consumers are more eager to shift through its low-cost variety of clothes.
- What to watch: H&M is looking to build out its brand in the U.S. as well. Channel checks indicates its online business is vibrant in the region.
Wed, Feb. 12, 9:12 AM
- Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF) plans to open its first store in India sometime during the second half of the year.
- The global retailer received final approval from the Indian government in December to set up shop in the region.
- Forecasts for spending in the clothing market in India are sky-high, but political risks still abound.
Wed, Jan. 15, 9:59 AM| Comment!
Dec. 4, 2013, 11:01 AM
- Lululemon (LULU -1%) has another competitor in the yoga/athletic space as Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF) struts out some new lines, notes Hedgeye's Brian McGough.
- The retailer reportedly had decent store traffic during the Black Friday weekend with a low level of discounting and has been added to Janney Capital's 2014 Best Ideas List. Despite heavyweights such as Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, and Gap encroaching into LULU's categories - many retail analysts see demand strong enough to sustain the group.
Oct. 15, 2013, 7:35 AM| Comment!
Jul. 29, 2013, 1:37 PM
- Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF.PK) will launch an online store in the U.S. next month.
- The retailer will trail rival Zara into the online U.S. market by close to two years and could face difficulty making a splash with heavyweights like Urban Outfitters already well-entrenched with mobile and online consumers.
Jun. 19, 2013, 7:26 AM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
HMRZF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR