Fri, Aug. 7, 9:52 AM
Wed, Jul. 1, 6:48 PM| Comment!
Wed, Jan. 28, 12:56 PM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Hansen Medical (HNSN +29.7%) jumps on a 6x surge in volume after the company reported that the first procedure using its Magellan Robotic System has been completed in Melbourne, Australia. The doctors performed a transarterial chemoembolization, which is a minimally-invasive procedure used to deliver chemotherapeutic agents directly to a tumor in the liver.
- Interventional radiologist Dr. Gerard Goh said, "The Magellan Robotic System allowed us to gain catheter stability in challenging anatomy. Navigating the tortuous anatomy of the blood vessels supplying the liver would have been extremely challenging by conventional techniques."
May 12, 2014, 12:47 PM
May 8, 2014, 12:48 PM
May 8, 2014, 12:00 PM
- Traders continue their rude treatment of Hansen Medical (HNSN -18.5%) today. Shares bottomed at $1.19 this morning before recovering to ~$1.40 representing a 52% haircut from the February 11 high of $2.89 when the firm announced the FDA clearance of its Magellan 6Fr Robotic Catheter. Investors seem to be doubting the product's market potential considering the bearish price action and the company's miniscule $160M market cap.
- Q1 revenues: $3.7M (+23.3%); gross profit: $0.4M (-15.1%); operating expenses: $13.6M (+18.3%); operating loss: ($13.2M) (+15.4%); loss/share: ($0.14) (+46.2%); quick assets (ex-A/R): $33M (+0.3%);
- 685 catheters sold; 827 robotic procedures performed.
Mar. 31, 2014, 5:40 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:46 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:28 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:10 AM
Jan. 22, 2014, 10:39 AM
- Shares of Luna Innovations (LUNA +128%) more than triple after announcing the sale of its fiber optic shape-sensing technology for medical applications to Intuitive Surgical (ISRG -1%).
- LUNA will receive $12M upfront in two tranches and up to an additional $18M upon certain technical milestones and commercial measures.
- LUNA says the sale will enable it to focus on the growth potential of its fiber optic sensing business while significantly strengthening its balance sheet.
- HNSN +7.4%.
Nov. 11, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 2, 2013, 5:43 PM
Sep. 25, 2013, 4:11 PM
- Also getting a boost Wednesday from the Stryker-Mako (SYK, MAKO) deal was Hansen Medical (HNSN) which posted double-digit gains (+14%) for the session.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and Accuray (ARAY) finished the day higher by 1% and 1.9% respectively.
- Meanwhile, commentary continues to come in regarding the seemingly high price SYK paid in the deal. BMO's Joanne Wuensch says that despite the lofty premium, "it makes a lot of sense [as] SYK takes a step forward into robotic surgery and consolidates its orthopedic silo."
- Previous coverage here
Sep. 25, 2013, 12:46 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 11:02 AM
- Hansen Medical (HNSN +11%) pops after announcing the first patients have been enrolled in its Artisan-AF Trial, a test of the company's Artisan family of Control Catheters with its Sensei X Robotic Catheter System for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- The Company announced in May that it had received conditional approval of the new study design from the FDA, and is targeting the enrollment of as few as 125 subjects at up to 14 investigational sites.
- It plans to use the data derived from the study to obtain approval for a broader label claim for use of its control catheters in tandem with its Sensei X Robotic Catheter System in atrial fibrillation procedures.
HNSN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR