Hooker Furniture CorporationNASDAQ
Hooker Furniture Might Be Worth A Shot
Hooker Furniture Looks Interesting
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
Yesterday, 10:33 AM
- Hooker Furniture (NASDAQ:HOFT) soars 14% after the company reports a 19% increase in Q3 net income.
- "Sales were up sequentially from the second quarter about $9 million, and we are encouraged by robust incoming orders in the last five to six weeks, driven by orders of new product introductions from the October High Point Market," says CEO Paul Toms.
- Previously: Hooker Furniture beats by $0.10, misses on revenue (Dec. 7)
Yesterday, 8:03 AM
Tue, Nov. 29, 4:28 PM
Wed, Sep. 28, 2:16 PM
- A sales and profit warning from Tempur Sealy International (TPX -24.5%) isn't going unnoticed in the home furnishings and furniture sectors.
- There are concerns that the weakness at Tempur isn't isolated amid uneven consumer spending trends.
- Previously: Tempur Sealy plunges on profit and revenue warning (Sept. 27)
- Decliners include Select Comfort (SCSS -8.3%), La-Z-Boy (LZB -3.8%), Hooker Furniture (HOFT -3.3%), Ethan Allen (ETH -4.1%), Bassett Furniture Industries (BSET -2.1%), and Leggett & Platt (LEG -4.6%).
Thu, Sep. 8, 12:01 PM
Thu, Sep. 8, 8:09 AM
Thu, Sep. 1, 8:56 AM
Fri, Jun. 10, 12:01 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 12:00 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 8:13 AM
- Hooker Furniture (NASDAQ:HOFT): Q1 EPS of $0.22 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.46.
- Revenue of $121.83M (+99.9% Y/Y) misses by $2.97M.
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Thu, Apr. 7, 12:45 PM
Thu, Apr. 7, 8:34 AM
- Hooker Furniture (NASDAQ:HOFT): Q4 EPS of $0.38 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $60.57M (-6.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.63M.
Wed, Mar. 2, 11:47 AM
- Hooker Furniture (NASDAQ:HOFT) declares $0.10/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.25%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 15; ex-div March 11.
Dec. 29, 2015, 12:11 PM
- A report from MasterCard on a 7.9% increase in holiday spending is creating some optimism that retailers selling in certain categories could surprise with Q4 earnings.
- Double-digit sales gains were recorded for furniture spending (RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCPK:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, WSM, RH, KIRK) and women's apparel (NWY, LB, ASNA) while the men's apparel and electronics categories were left behind.
- A late sales rush is also usually a positive sign for Signet (NYSE:SIG) and Tiffany (NYSE:TIF).
- Previously: Late rush may have turned holiday season around (Dec. 28)