Tue, Oct. 20, 7:04 AM
- Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) missed the mark of analysts with its Q3 report after volume fell.
- Motorcycle sales fell 1.4% Y/Y to 72,178 during the quarter.
- U.S. volume declined 2.5% to 48,918 motorcycles, while international volume increased 0.1% to 23,260.
- Gross margin rate for the motorcycles segment +30 bps to 34.6%.
- Operating margin rate for the motorcycles segment -40 bps to 12.5%.
- 2015 guidance: H-D expects to ship 265K-270K motorcycles this year, down from prior guidance of 276K-281K. Operating margin of 16%-17% forecast vs. 18%-19% prior guidance.
- Previously: Harley-Davidson misses by $0.09, misses on revenue (Oct. 20 2015)
Tue, Oct. 20, 6:58 AM
Mon, Oct. 19, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jul. 21, 7:01 AM
Mon, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 7:01 AM
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 29, 9:06 AM
- Shares of Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) move higher in early action after the company just edges past the Q4 consensus analyst profit estimate.
- Motorcycle sales were up 2.8% to 47,149 during the quarter.
- International volume was up 9.2% to help offset a 1.6% decline in the U.S.
- Gross margin rate for the motorcycles segment -100 bps to 30.5%.
- Operating margin rate for the motorcycles segment -240 bps to 3.5%.
- 2015 guidance: H-D expects to ship 282K-287K motorcycles this year, up 4%-6% from last year. Operating margin of 18%-19% forecast.
- HOG +0.7% premarket.
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:58 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:07 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 22, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) -4.2% premarket after cutting its FY 2014 shipment guidance, citing Q2 sales that suffered from prolonged poor weather across parts of the U.S. and soft demand for its low-priced Sportster motorcycles.
- HOG now sees shipments of 270K-275K motorcycles to dealers and distributors worldwide in 2014, a 3.5%-5.5% Y/Y increase but down from previous guidance of 279K-284K and a 7%-9% increase.
- The new bikes, which analysts say were supposed to begin appearing in dealer showrooms in May, did not begin to arrive until late June, but HOG did not explain why the bike was delayed.
- Otherwise, Q2 earnings were better than expected; HOG says it shipped 92,217 motorcycles to its worldwide network during Q2, a 9% Y/Y increase, and expects to ship 49K-54K bikes in Q3 vs. 54,025 in the year-ago quarter.
- HOG's Q2 difficulties did not appear to affect rival motorcycle maker Polaris Industries (NYSE:PII), which also reported higher earnings but raised its full-year forecast.
Jul. 22, 2014, 7:12 AM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 7:01 AM
Harley-Davidson Inc produces and sells heavyweight motorcycles, as well as offers motorcycle parts, accessories, and related services. It operates in two segments, Motorcycles and Related Products, and Financial Services.
Other News & PR