What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Oct. 16, 2015, 6:32 AM
- Honeywell (NYSE:HON): Q3 EPS of $1.60 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $9.61B (-4.9% Y/Y) misses by $240M.
Oct. 15, 2015, 5:30 PM
Sep. 22, 2015, 6:28 PM
- Volkswagen's emissions rigging scandal should not prove too harmful to Honeywell (NYSE:HON) and Eaton (NYSE:ETN), says Bernstein’s Steven Winoker as he reiterates Outperform rating on both stocks, with a $125 price target on HON and $78 on ETN.
- In HON’s case, Winoker says the news certainly is not a positive but the overall direct exposure seems minimal, as the company’s direct exposure to VW in the U.S. represents less than 2% of Honeywell Turbo OE sales, and ~20% of diesel engines; also, the turbo exposure is not on the two-liter diesel impacted engines.
- ETN has slightly higher exposure than HON but not much, Winoker estimates.
Sep. 21, 2015, 10:34 AM
- Yahoo Finance's new Editor-in-Chief, Andy Serwer, recently interviewed Honeywell (HON +0.4%) CEO Dave Cote to discuss the company's acquisition track record and U.S./global economic outlooks.
- On Honeywell's acquisition strategy, Cote said: "You need to have a unifying approach, which is what we have with our business model. I've always looked at it this way and I think we've done a better job of communicating it over the last few years. Our business model comprises three parts: the first is to have the right kind of portfolio, the second is to have a focus on internal processes, and then the third is a culture that applies to both."
- Discussing Honeywell's recent acquisition of Elster helped Cote to explain the company's desire to take on bigger deals and continue to gain shareholder confidence in conglomerates.
- Cote also commented on Honeywell's response to the recent shifts in China and expressed his long-term belief in the country's economy and growth. Although we are in a slow growth environment, Cote noted that the U.S. is still the most productive economy in the world.
Sep. 17, 2015, 10:28 AM
- Honeywell (HON +0.1%) has acquired Aviaso, an international aviation software company that offers fuel efficiency and emissions savings software to the airline industry.
- The technologies align with Honeywell's strategic priorities to provide differentiated products and services to aircraft manufacturers and airlines.
Sep. 3, 2015, 3:12 PM
- How bad a year has it been for multi-industry stocks? Year-to-date underperformance relative to the S&P 500 is among the poorest in a decade and has gotten worse in recent weeks, say Goldman analyst Joe Ritchie and team. The negative news is no secret: Broad industrial de-stock, softening oil capex, the strong dollar, and the troubles in China. Because of this, the team remains Neutral on the beaten-up sector, but does have a few names investors should steer clear of:
- With de-stock keeping U.S. industrial growth in a "headlock," the implications are particularly negative for Sell-rated Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR), WW Grainger (NYSE:GWW), and Neutral-rated Parker-Hannifin (NYSE:PH) and Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK).
- With oil capex going from bad to worse, and oil lower for longer, the Street is underestimating the impact of price declines for Dover (NYSE:DOV), Emerson, and Flowserve (NYSE:FLS). On the flip side, lower input costs should be a boon to Buy-rated Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW) and Neutral-rated 3M (NYSE:MMM).
- The weaker China backdrop is most negative for Emerson, and Neutral-rated Eaton (NYSE:ETN) and Colfax (NYSE:CFX). Though Buy-rated Honeywell (NYSE:HON) and ITT Corp (NYSE:ITT) have exposure, growth is more insulated due to their market share gains.
- Source: Barron's Ben Levinsohn
- ETFs: XHB, ITB, XLI, PHO, IYT, ITA, VIS, PPA, XTN, XAR, FIDU, PKB, IYJ, FXR, UXI, PRN, RGI, SIJ, PSCI, AIRR
Jul. 31, 2015, 10:51 AM
- Honeywell (NYSE:HON) declares $0.5175/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.97%
- Payable Sept. 10; for shareholders of record Aug. 20; ex-div Aug. 18.
Jul. 28, 2015, 3:15 AM
Jul. 20, 2015, 10:45 AM
- Cowen believes Honeywell (HON +1%) faces many hurdles in organically developing a market leading telematics position in the aircraft connectivity market and as a result could turn to M&A to fill the gap.
- Honeywell targets could include Teledyne (TDY -0.5%), BE Aerospace (BEAV +0.6%) or Astronics (ATRO -0.1%), which could augment its "connectivity offering and bolster the firm's channel-to-market for selling telematics services."
- Cowen also reiterated its Outperform rating and $116 price target on Honeywell shares.
Jul. 17, 2015, 7:41 AM
- Net income of $1.2B, or $1.51 a share, vs. $1.1B, or $1.38 a share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Q2 sales by segment: Aerospace -5%; Automation and Control Solutions -1%; Performance Materials -9%.
- Q2 profit by segment: Aerospace +2%; Automation and Control Solutions +6%; Performance Materials +7%.
- "We saw growth acceleration...within aerospace, continued growth in our commercial and industrial businesses within ACS, and higher volume across our advanced materials portfolio, particularly in fluorine products," CEO Dave Cote said in a statement.
- Honeywell (NYSE:HON) maintains its 2015 sales outlook of $39B-$39.6B, but upped its EPS outlook to a range of $6.05-$6.15, raising the low end from $6.00.
- HON +1.5% premarket
- Q2 results
Jul. 17, 2015, 7:01 AM
- Honeywell (NYSE:HON): Q2 EPS of $1.51 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $9.78B (-4.6% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
Jul. 16, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 16, 2015, 10:17 AM
- During its nine-year mission to the edge of the solar system, New Horizons was guided from launch to destination by Honeywell (HON +0.4%) Aerospace's navigation technologies, including two Miniature Inertial Measurement Units.
- In addition to the MIMUs, Honeywell provided the Fault-Tolerant Inertial Navigation and Redundant Rate Gyro Units for the space probe’s launch vehicle.
- The journey to Pluto marks the 11th deep-space mission for Honeywell's MIMU.
Jul. 15, 2015, 9:32 AM
- Honeywell (HON +0.2%) will help improve operations for China's long-distance Guangxi Liquefied Natural Gas high-pressure pipeline to meet the demand for natural gas in Guangxi.
- The project will use Honeywell Process Solutions gas measurement and equipment and software to measure the flow and pressure in the pipeline.
Jun. 22, 2015, 9:27 AM
- Honeywell (NYSE:HON) Process Solutions has been selected by Freeport LNG to expand its southeast Texas liquefied natural gas terminal into a world-class liquefaction and export operation.
- The expansion will give Freeport LNG 13.9M tons a year of export capacity.
Jun. 18, 2015, 3:54 AM
- U.S. commercial drone operations could take off on a large scale by next June, after FAA officials said they expect to finalize regulations for the unmanned aircraft within the next 12 months.
- The news has commercial drone operators hoping for looser terms than the proposed regulations announced in February. Those rules required drones to fly during daylight hours only, remain within an operator's visual line of sight and stay at a 500 foot ceiling.
- Commercial drone-related stocks: AMBA, AMZN, AVAV, DPZ, HON, INVN, IXYS, GPRO, TRMB
Honeywell International Inc is a technology & manufacturing company, serving customers with aerospace products & services, control, sensing and security technologies for buildings, homes and industry, turbochargers, automotive products, chemicals.
Other News & PR