What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jan. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 14, 2014, 2:24 AM
- House and Senate negotiators have agreed on how to allocate $1.01T in funding through Sept. 30 following Congressional approval of the budget guidelines in December.
- The 1,582-page deal eases some automatic spending reductions by providing an additional $45B for military and domestic discretionary programs. Non-war spending will be $520.5B, with the armed force being able to avoid $22B in cuts.
- The conflict in Afghanistan will receive $85.2B.
- However, there's no increase in funding for Obamacare, while $63B in financing for the IMF was again delayed.
- The bill prohibits the Postal Service from eliminating mail delivery on Saturday or shutting rural post offices.
- GOP and Democrat leaders are confident that the bill will pass the House and the Senate.
- Defense tickers: BA, LMT, GD, NOC, HON, BAESY, RTN, COL, HRS
Jan. 13, 2014, 9:11 AM
- Honeywell (HON) is being investigated by the Justice Department for export and import procedures after using Chinese-made parts in equipment for F-35 fighter jets, Reuters reports.
- The Defense Department reportedly had issued waivers for U.S. laws prohibiting Chinese-built parts being used in U.S. weapons in 2012 and 2013 after HON had moved a production line for thermal sensors to China.
Jan. 7, 2014, 9:15 AM
- Honeywell (HON) agrees to sell its friction materials business unit, including two plants in China and Romania, to Federal-Mogul's (FDML) European business for ~ $155M.
- HON says the business doesn't fit with its differentiated technologies focus and long-term growth plans; it expects the deal to generate an after tax loss of ~$0.04/share, which will be recognized in Q4 2013, but the loss is not expected to affect its Q4 or FY 2014 financial outlook.
- FDML says it expects to combine the two brake businesses to realize significant synergies in all elements of its business.
Dec. 18, 2013, 3:40 PM
- Citi reiterates a Buy rating on Honeywell (HON +2.2%) following the company's guidance update.
- They "stuck with [the] under-promise, over-deliver playbook setting what we see as a conservative initial 2014 outlook," analyst Deane Dray says, adding that "management's expectations for 3-4% organic revenue growth does not reflect any improvement in the macro environment despite recent upticks in leading indicators."
- 2014 EPS estimates raised by $0.10 to $5.55.
- Price target lifted to $99 from $97.
Dec. 17, 2013, 3:32 PM
- Shares of Honeywell (HON -0.9%) look set to close the session lower after the company issued 2014 guidance and reaffirmed its outlook for 2013.
- HON sees EPS of $5.35-5.55 on sales of $40.3-40.7B next year, versus consensus of $5.55/share on $41.1B in sales.
- The company continues to expect EPS of $4.90-4.95 on sales of $38.8-39B this year (largely in-line with consensus).
- Here's CEO Dave Cote commenting: "Next year, we will complete our first five year plan and our 2014 outlook is reflective of the company being on track to achieve the long-term targets that were set in 2010." (PR)
Dec. 13, 2013, 11:44 AM
- Substantially finished with a $3B repurchase program launched in 2011, Honeywell (HON +0.5%) is green-lighted by its board for a new $5B plan.
- This would be about 7% of the float based on the current price of $86.79 per share.
Nov. 4, 2013, 10:37 AM
- Preem AB chooses Honeywell (HON -0.7%) to modernize the Preemraf Lysekil refinery in Sweden.
- In an effort to extend the life of the facility's control system, HON will install its Enhanced High Performance Process Manager industrial process controllers.
- No downtime will be necessary beyond planned maintenance.
- Preem AB accounts for three quarters of Sweden's refining capacity. (PR)
Oct. 22, 2013, 9:25 AM
- Honeywell International, Inc. (HON) declares $0.45/share quarterly dividend, 9.8% increase from prior dividend of $0.41.
- Forward yield 2.13%
- Payable Dec. 10; for shareholders of record Nov. 21; ex-div Nov. 19.
Oct. 20, 2013, 10:34 PM
Oct. 18, 2013, 8:17 AM
- "Despite lower than expected sales in the quarter ... strong execution across the portfolio helped drive earnings at the high-end of our guidance range," Honeywell (HON) CEO Dave Cote says, as the company posts Q3 results that are largely in line with estimates.
- By segment (Y/Y): Aerospace sales fall 2% to $3.04B, while profit in the segment ticks 3% higher on 110 bps in margin expansion; Automation and Control Solutions sales rise 4%, while segment profit jumps 11% on a 90 bps margin expansion; Materials and Tech sales fall 1% organically (+10% reported on acquisition), profit up 11%; Transportation Systems sales rise 6%, segment profit jumps 23% on 190 bps of margin expansion.
- FY13 EPS outlook: $4.90-4.95 versus $4.85-4.95 previous. (PR)
- HON -1.3% premarket
Oct. 18, 2013, 7:02 AM
- Honeywell (HON): Q3 EPS of $1.24 in-line.
- Revenue of $9.65B (+3% Y/Y) misses by $0.27B. (PR)
Oct. 18, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 17, 2013, 5:30 PM
Oct. 6, 2013, 1:35 AM
- United Technologies (UTX) unit Sikorsky Aircraft has canceled plans to furlough almost 2,000 staff after Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said that he is ordering most of the Pentagon's 400,000 civilian employees to return to work.
- United Tech had also said it would have to keep staff at its Pratt & Whitney and Aerospace Systems businesses at home if the government shutdown were to drag on this next week.
- Lockheed Martin (LMT), which intends to furlough 3,000 staffers on Monday, hasn't yet decided whether to reduce or drop those plans.
- Other companies affected by the return of Pentagon workers include BA, GD, NOC, AVAV, KTOS, HON, TXT, EADSF.PK and BAESF.PK.
Sep. 13, 2013, 3:53 PM
- The FTC clears Honeywell's (HON +0.2%) proposed purchase of mobile computing device maker Intermec (IN +1.2%) but requires that HON license key patents critical in making two-dimensional scanners.
- Requiring HON to license its technology gives Datalogic (DLGI.PK) access to the patents it needs to enter the U.S. market and restores competition lost due to the merger, the FTC says.
Honeywell International Inc is a technology & manufacturing company, serving customers with aerospace products & services, control, sensing and security technologies for buildings, homes and industry, turbochargers, automotive products, chemicals.
Other News & PR