Today, 8:16 AM| Comment!
Tue, Aug. 12, 2:55 PM
- Starwood Hotels (HOT -0.1%) is dabbling with the use of robotic butlers to deliver requested items to hotel guests 24 hours a day.
- If the initial launch goes well this month, the company plans to roll out the concept at over 100 Aloft hotels.
- The robots were produced by start-up Savioke which was seeded with capital from Google Ventures.
Fri, Jul. 25, 8:21 AM
- The dive in Starwood Hotels (NYSE:HOT) during yesterday's earnings call may have been over disappointment with management's plans for buybacks. Some had hoped for something in the area of $2B-$3B (CC transcript), but management - the financial panic of several years ago still clearly on its mind - yesterday talked about a number likely to be closer to $750M.
- Speaking on the call, Wells Fargo's Jeff Donnelly wonders whether management isn't giving more weight than necessary to what could a hundred-year flood. CEO Frits van Paasschen says one can't be helped but be swayed by recent events and reminds that Starwood wants to retain the capacity to be able to invest throughout any downturn.
- Disappointed with the capital allocation plan, Donnelly today pulls his Outperform rating on the stock.
- Previously: Starwood Hotels tumbles during earnings call
Thu, Jul. 24, 11:28 AM
- The earnings call may not be going well for Starwood Hotels (HOT -4%) which has tumbled in the last few minutes (the call started at 10:30 ET). Among the items in the call is management saying RevPar growth in Europe is being held hostage by tensions between Ukraine and Russia.
- Earlier the company reported an earnings beat, but the stock was modestly lower heading into the conference call.
- Q2 of this year saw worldwide RevPar growth of 5.3% in constant dollars vs. 2013, and International RevPar growth of 4.1%.
- FY14 RevPar growth is expected to be 5-7% in constant dollars.
- Previously: Starwood Hotel & Resorts beats by $0.02, misses on revenue
Thu, Jul. 24, 8:45 AM| Comment!
Wed, Jul. 23, 5:30 PM
- AAL, ABC, ALK, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BPOP, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CLF, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COG, CRI, CRY, CSH, CWEI, DAN, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, DST, ECA, EQM, EQT, F, FAF, FLIR, GM, GNTX, GPI, GPK, GRUB, HOT, HSY, IMAX, IMS, IQNT, ISSI, IVC, JAH, JBLU, KEM, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MHO, MMM, MTH, MTRN, NBL, NDAQ, NOK, NUE, NWE, O, ORI, OSTK, PCP, PDS, PENN, PHM, PNK, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RDWR, RS, RTIX, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SIAL, SQNS, SUI, SVU, SXC, TDY, TROW, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, VAC, VDSI, VIVO, WAB, WCC, WIT, WYN, ZMH
Thu, Jul. 10, 8:07 AM
- MLV & Co. upgrades Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT) to a Buy rating from Hold.
- The boutique investment firm also lifts its price target on the hotel operator to $96 from $86.
- Shares of Starwood hit a 52-week high yesterday, but MLV sees international growth providing enough firepower to justify another leg higher.
Thu, Jun. 19, 11:35 AM| 1 Comment
Thu, Jun. 12, 9:42 AM| Comment!
Mon, Jun. 9, 10:31 AM| 1 Comment
Mon, Jun. 2, 7:02 AM
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT) will shift strategy to meet the demand of a growing influx of Chinese urban travelers.
- Chinese travelers are forecast to take 1.7B trips per year by 2030, up from a current level of 500M.
- The company has a personalized Chinese travel program and call center in place. More luxury hotels catering to Chinese travelers are also planned.
Mon, May. 26, 7:52 AM
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has turned down a secret £6B offer from a U.S. rival for being too low, Sky News reports.
- It's unclear who the suitor was, although analysts speculated that it could have been Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT).
- InterContinental is bracing itself for a renewed offer from the bidder or from a rival, with U.S. hotel companies thought to be attracted by the prospect of moving their tax bases to U.K.
Thu, May. 1, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Mon, Apr. 28, 11:32 AM
Thu, Apr. 24, 6:17 AM| Comment!
Thu, Apr. 24, 12:05 AM
- AAL, ABC, AET, ALXN, AMAG, ASPS, AVT, AZN, BC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAJ, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, CNMD, COG, COR, CRR, CRS, CSH, CWEI, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLPH, DLX, DNKN, DO, DST, EQM, EQT, ETR, FAF, FCX, FNFG, GM, GMT, GPK, GTI, HOT, HP, HSY, IMAX, IVC, JBLU, KKR, LAD, LLY, LSTR, LTM, LUV, MDP, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, NBL, NDAQ, NLSN, NTCT, NUE, NVS, NYT, ODFL, ORI, OSTK, PAG, PENN, PHM, POT, PTEN, RCL, RS, RTIX, RTN, RYL, SCG, SFE, SIAL, SILC, SIRI, SONS, SQNS, STC, SWK, TKR, TROW, TWC, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UPS, USG, UTEK, VDSI, VIVO, VLY, VZ, WCC, WM, WYN, YNDX, ZMH
HOT vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR