Block Still Well Positioned In The Tax Preparation Industry
Thu, Jun. 9, 6:18 PM
- H&R Block (NYSE:HRB) +6.3% AH after reporting FQ4 earnings that beat expectations and hiking its dividend by 10%.
- HRB gives its final tally of U.S. tax return volume for the latest tax season, with total returns down 4.5%, including a 5.8% decline in assisted returns and a 2.6% drop in returns prepared with its software.
- HRB says it is investing in initiatives aimed at attracting more customers during the current year, but offers no details except that funding will occur through previously announced cost-cutting efforts.
Thu, Jun. 9, 4:27 PM
Wed, Jun. 8, 5:35 PM
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:25 PM
Wed, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Dec. 7, 2015, 4:21 PM
- H&R Block (NYSE:HRB): FQ2 EPS of -$0.54 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $128.42M (-4.6% Y/Y) misses by $3.71M.
Dec. 6, 2015, 5:35 PM
Sep. 1, 2015, 4:08 PM
- H&R Block (NYSE:HRB): FQ1 EPS of -$0.35 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $137.72M (+3.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.72M.
Aug. 31, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 8, 2015, 4:25 PM
- H&R Block (NYSE:HRB): FY15 EPS of $1.75 vs. $1.79 in FY14
- Revenue of $3.02B (+18.0% Y/Y)
Jun. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Mar. 4, 2015, 4:17 PM
- FQ3 (ending Jan. 31) net loss of $0.13 per share vs. loss of $0.78 one year ago. FQ4 is where the company makes its money, but this year's earlier opening of e-filing resulted in revenues of $503M in FQ3, up 159% from a year ago.
- As of Feb. 28, total U.S. tax returns prepared off 4.2% from a year ago, with Obamacare for delays and errors, and industry-wide fraud issues among the reasons.
- Conference call at 4:30 ET
- Previously: H&R Block beats by $0.04, misses on revenue (March 4)
- HRB +0.1% after hours.
Mar. 4, 2015, 4:09 PM
- H&R Block (NYSE:HRB): FQ3 EPS of -$0.13 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $509.07M (+154.8% Y/Y) misses by $8.63M.
Mar. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 4:08 PM
- H&R Block (NYSE:HRB): FQ2 EPS of -$0.45 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $134.62M (+0.2% Y/Y) misses by $7.37M.
- Shares -2.4% AH.
H&R Block, Inc. provides tax preparation and banking services. The company operates its business through three segments: Tax Services, Corporate & Eliminations and Identifiable Assets. The Tax Services segment provides tax return preparation and related services and products in the U.S. and its... More
Industry: Personal Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR