Haier Electronics Group Co., Ltd.OTCPK - Current
Thu, Mar. 3, 5:05 PM
- General Electric (NYSE:GE) says its proposed $5.4B sale of its appliance business to China's Haier Group (OTCPK:HRELF) received approval from U.S. antitrust authorities.
- The Justice Department approval comes after it sued last year to block GE's plan to sell the appliance business to Sweden's Electrolux.
- The GE-Haier deal may still face other U.S. regulatory reviews and must be approved by Haier shareholders; Haier has said it would pay a $200M-$400M breakup fee if the deal is blocked.
Nov. 27, 2014, 5:31 AM
- Renewing its push into the Internet TV market, Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) and partner Haier Electronics (OTCPK:HRELY) have launched new TVs in China that provide users with access to the e-commerce company’s Taobao and Tmall online marketplaces as well as movies and video games.
- Last year, Alibaba launched a smart TV with Chinese TV manufacturer Skyworth (OTCPK:SWDHY), but the product failed quickly because its online entertainment offerings were limited.