HRG Group, Inc.NYSE
Tue, Nov. 22, 4:03 PM
Fri, Nov. 18, 12:37 PM
- Large-cap names with 5x their normal volume:
- ASML Holding (ASML +1.7%)
- The Gap (GPS -16.5%)
- Mid-caps with 5x their normal volume:
- HRG Group (HRG +3.8%)
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE -0.1%)
- Marvell Tech (MRVL +8.8%)
- Nuance Communication (NUAN +9.6%)
- Post Holdings (POST -2.1%)
- Regal Entertainment (RGC -2.2%)
- ViaSat (VSAT +4.9%)
Thu, Nov. 17, 5:58 PM
- HRG Group (NYSE:HRG) +11.4% AH on news it is evaluating strategic alternatives, and that CEO Omar Asali plans to leave the company in the second half of next year.
- Strategic alternatives include a merger, sale or other business combination involving the company or its assets, HRG says.
- HRG is a holding company that conducts its operations principally through Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) and Fidelity & Guaranty Life (NYSE:FGL).
- Asali has served as CEO since the company's founding in 2011.
Wed, Sep. 21, 11:20 AM
- The SEC just charged Leon Cooperman with insider trading over Atlas Pipeline Partners, and Omega holdings such as Alitsource Portofolio, Navient, Aercap, and Tribune Media have knee-jerked sharply lower.
- A check of other top Omega holdings: First Data (FDC -1.3%), Allergan (AGN -0.9%), AIG (AIG +0.4%), Walgreens (WBA -0.6%), Dow Chemical (DOW), United Continental (UAL -0.7%), Ashland (ASH +0.3%), Chimera Investment (CIM -0.4%), Motorola (MSI +0.1%), HRG Group (HRG -1%), Microsoft (MSFT +1%), E*Trade (ETFC), New Residential (NRZ -1%), OneMain Holdings (OMF -2.3%), PVH (PVH +0.4%), UnitedHealth (UNH +0.7%), MGM Resorts (MGM -0.5%), New Media (NEWM -1.9%), Dish Network (DISH +0.5%), Synchrony Financial (SYF +1%), Eastman Chemical (EMN +0.3%).
- Previously: Cooperman holdings head south after insider trading charge (Sept. 21)
- Previously: Leon Cooperman charged with insider trading (Sept. 21)
Tue, Aug. 9, 8:32 AM
Mon, May 9, 8:36 AM
- HRG Group (NYSE:HRG): FQ2 EPS of -$0.10
- Revenue of $1.3B (+18.2% Y/Y)
Fri, Feb. 5, 8:34 AM
- Harbinger (NYSE:HRG): FQ1 EPS of $0.06
- Revenue of $1.22B (+10.9% Y/Y)
Dec. 28, 2015, 6:37 PM
Nov. 20, 2015, 8:34 AM
- Harbinger (NYSE:HRG): FQ4 EPS of -$0.73
- Revenue of $1.45B (-4.0% Y/Y)
Oct. 9, 2015, 1:22 PM
Oct. 9, 2015, 12:27 PM
- HRG Group (HRG +0.6%) agrees to sell gas fields in Louisiana and Texas, including drilling rights across ~90K acres and ~34M cf/day of production, to privately-held Indigo Minerals for $160M in cash.
- HRG says the deal reflects the high quality of the assets and prospectivity of the Cotton Valley formation for horizontal exploitation.
- Omar Asali, former co-head of hedge fund strategies at Goldman Sachs, has sought to refocus operations since becoming HRG's CEO this year.
Oct. 2, 2015, 4:56 AM
- China' Anbang Insurance Group is the favorite to win an auction to acquire Des Moines company Fidelity & Guaranty Life (NYSE:FGL), Reuters reports.
- Fidelity, whose market cap is $1.5B, is controlled by financial-interests holding company HRG (NYSE:HRG), which said in April that it was exploring a sale of its 80.6% stake in the subsidiary.
- If it buys Fidelity, Anbang would join other Chinese insurers that have entered the U.S. market.
Aug. 28, 2015, 1:23 PM
- HC2 (NYSEMKT:HCHC) offers more value today than just after Phil Falcone took control of what was then a liquidating entity named PTGI Holding, writes Brad Kern.
- The stock then (March 2014) traded for $3.70 and subsequently ran up to as high as $13 a year later. Since, the stock lost about 50% of its value, in part thanks to a failed bid for MCG Capital, and worries Harbinger Group (NYSE:HRG) would seek to unload the rest of its 4.7M share stake (HRG sold more than 1M shares as the stock price cratered over the past weeks).
- By Kern's SOTP analysis, HC2 has a mid-range NAV of $10.33 vs. last night's close of $6.33. The shares are higher today by 11.1% to $7.03.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Harbinger (NYSE:HRG): FQ3 EPS of -$0.38
- Revenue of $1.55B (-3.1% Y/Y)
May 8, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Harbinger (NYSE:HRG): FQ2 EPS of -$1.16
- Revenue of $1.4B (+4.5% Y/Y)
Feb. 6, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Harbinger (NYSE:HRG): FQ1 EPS of -$0.56.
- Revenue of $1.44B (-4.6% Y/Y).