What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Oct. 21, 2015, 9:21 AM
- Hormel (NYSE:HRL) appoints James Snee to be the company's next Chief Operating Officer and president.
- The COO role was currently being handled by CEO Jeffrey Ettinger.
- Shares of Hormel are up 27% this year and sit near their 52-week high.
Sep. 28, 2015, 5:03 PM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.63%
- Payable Nov. 16; for shareholders of record Oct. 19; ex-div Oct. 15.
Sep. 14, 2015, 9:38 AM
Aug. 20, 2015, 11:27 AM
- Hormel (HRL +3.5%) trades higher after the company raised FY15 EPS guidance above consensus estimates.
- The company issued reassuring commentary on the impact of a turkey shortage in the Midwest and challenges in port exports markets
- Sales to grocery store chains of refrigerated products is helping to make up for some of the shortfall.
- Tyson Foods (TSN +0.7%) and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +0.4%) are getting a bit of a lift from the Hormel report.
Aug. 19, 2015, 7:49 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) reports volume rose 3% in FQ3.
- Revenue by segment: Grocery Products: $388.09M (+7.9%); Refrigerated Foods: $1.06B (-11.4%); Jennie-O Turkey Store: $336.53M (-12.1%); Specialty Foods: $282.77M (+30.7%); International & Other: $125.06M (-6.5%).
- Gross profit rate improved 280 bps to 18.7%.
- Segment operating profit rate increased 100 bps to 10.8%.
- The company expects FY2015 adjusted EPS to be in the range of $2.57 to $ 2.63 and GAAP EPS in the range of $2.52 to $2.58.
Aug. 19, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL): FQ3 EPS of $0.56 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.19B (-3.9% Y/Y) misses by $70M.
Aug. 18, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 12, 2015, 2:31 PM| Aug. 12, 2015, 2:31 PM | 1 Comment
Jun. 17, 2015, 9:30 AM
- The impact of the bird flu in the the Midwest part of the U.S. is impacting the egg and chicken markets in different ways, according to data from the USDA.
- A restriction on imports from the U.S. from some nations has increased the domestic supply of chickens to be sold to sellers. Prices for bulk leg quarters, drumsticks, and boneless/skinless thigh meat all fell by 19% or more Y/Y.
- Egg prices were dramatically higher with most outbreaks associated with poultry farms where chickens are raised for their eggs.
- Turkey prices are moderately higher.
- Chicken stocks have been volatile the past few months off of news on the avian flu.
- Related stocks: PPC, SYY, HRL, TSN, SAFM, CALM, ADM.
Jun. 17, 2015, 3:26 AM
- Beginning in 2018, companies will have to seek approval before they can put partially hydrogenated oils into foods, after the FDA said the ingredient should no longer be considered safe and laid out far-reaching restrictions.
- While not a ban, the FDA's move marks the first restriction on trans fats at the national level. It first proposed the action in 2013.
- Related tickers: Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY), PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP), Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Unilever (NYSE:UL), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT), Kellogg (NYSE:K), Dean Foods (NYSE:DF), Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB), Hormel (NYSE:HRL), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Pilgrims Pride (NASDAQ:PPC).
May 27, 2015, 10:13 AM
- Hormel (HRL +3.1%) is drawing some attention for its purchase of the Applegate brand yesterday.
- Analysts note the transaction gives the company a quick entry into the organic and natural meats space with a distinctive brand.
- The move also brings Hormel closer to the diversification strategy pulled off by food peers Campbell Soup and General Mills.
- Previously: Hormel Foods lands Applegate for $775M (May. 26 2015)
May 26, 2015, 4:39 PM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) acquires organic brand Applegate for $775M.
- The transaction is expected to close within 60 days.
- The company plans to let Applegate run its business as a standalone subsidiary in its Refrigerated Foods segment.
- The deal is expected to have a neutral impact on Hormel's EPS in 2016 before contributing $0.07-$0.08 in 2016.
- HRL +3.43% after hours.
May 22, 2015, 8:20 AM
- The avian flu outbreak in the U.S. has led to the deaths of close to 39M birds and disrupted both the egg and poultry industries.
- A higher concentration of chickens on fewer commercial farms has increased the impact of a single case of the virus at a location.
- Consumers are expected to bear the brunt of higher egg prices, while egg producers such as Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) operating outside the area of the outbreak will see a benefit from the jump in market prices.
- Related stocks: PPC, SYY, HRL, TSN, SAFM.
May 20, 2015, 6:52 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) reports volume rose 5% in FQ2.
- Revenue by segment: Grocery Products: $397.27M (+1.3%); Refrigerated Foods: $1.02B (-8%); Jennie-O Turkey Store: $438.91M (+15.4%); Specialty Foods: $287.42M (+32.3%); International & Other: $133.23M (-7.5%).
- Gross profit rate increased 329 bps to 20.16%.
- Adjusted segment operating profit rate grew 266 bps to 12.60%.
- The company expects FY2015 adjusted EPS to be at the lower end of previously stated guidance range of $2.50 to $ 2.60.
May 20, 2015, 6:31 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL): FQ2 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $2.28B (+1.8% Y/Y) misses by $120M.
May 19, 2015, 5:30 PM
Other News & PR