What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jan. 21, 2015, 12:14 PM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) will report FQ1 results on Feb. 19 before the market opens.
- The conference call is scheduled to begin at 9.00 a.m. ET (8.00 a.m. CT).
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.64 on revenues of $2.47B.
Nov. 25, 2014, 9:35 AM
- Hormel Foods (HRL) reports solid revenue and operating profit gains for its Refrigerated Foods and Jennie-O Turkey Store segments in FQ4 which helped to offset a slip in Grocery Products.
- Record high meat raw material costs took a toll on the grocery business for Hormel.
- Guidance: Hormel expects sales growth of over 5% and earnings growth to exceed 10% for FY15. The company sees FY15 EPS of $2.45-$2.55 vs. $2.58 consensus.
Nov. 25, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, 25% increase from prior dividend of $0.20.
- Forward yield 1.84%
- Payable Feb. 17; for shareholders of record Jan 20; ex-div Jan 16.
Nov. 25, 2014, 6:33 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL): FQ4 EPS of $0.63 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.54B (+9.5% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Nov. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:03 PM
- Tyson Foods (TSN +4.8%) saw strong pricing in beef and pork help boost its bottom line in FQ4.
- Though a consumer trade-down to chicken could shift the mix over the next quarter, the company thinks sales to restaurants will improve.
- Other meat stocks are also gaining off the strong read from Tyson.
- Gainers: Hormel (NYSE:HRL) +0.7%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +0.9%, Pilgrim's Pride (NASDAQ:PPC) +1.3%, Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) +1.1%.
Oct. 9, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Consumer staples stocks continue to persevere amid a broad market decline.
- The Consumer Staples Select ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is +1.9% over the last 5 days vs. the -1.3% showing of the S&P 500 ETF.
- Today, PepsiCo (PEP +1.5%) is doing some of the heavy lifting following its Q3 earnings report - while a number of meat stocks are also contributing including Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +1.3%), ConAgra Foods (CAG +1.8%), Hormel (HRL +0.7%), Seneca Foods Corp. (SENEA +0.7%), Diamond Foods (DMND +1.1%), Tyson Foods (TSN), and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +0.7%) .
Aug. 21, 2014, 9:53 AM| Aug. 21, 2014, 9:53 AM
Aug. 21, 2014, 6:33 AM
- Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL): FQ3 EPS of $0.51 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.28B (+5.6% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
Aug. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 1, 2014, 8:44 AM
- Hormel's (HRL) purchase of CytoSport for $450M has raised a few eyebrows in the food sector.
- The high price tag for the maker of Muscle Milk indicates some other bidders were on the prowl for a quick entry into the sports nutrition category, theorize analysts.
- Shares of Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) and GNC Holdings (GNC) are on watch.
Jun. 30, 2014, 6:27 PM
- Hormel (HRL) is buying CytoSport Holdings, maker of Muscle Milk protein drinks and other high-protein products, for $450M.
- With CytoSport expected to have 2014 sales of $370M, Hormel is paying ~1.2x forward sales. The deal is expected to be neutral to FY14 (ends Oct. '14) EPS, and be accretive to FY15 EPS by $0.05.
- Hormel: "Muscle Milk products will serve as a growth catalyst for our Specialty Foods segment, providing this division with a leading brand in the high-growth sports nutrition category ... The acquisition of CytoSport expands our offerings of portable, immediate, protein-rich foods, and broadens our appeal with younger consumers."
Jun. 30, 2014, 5:49 PM| Jun. 30, 2014, 5:49 PM | 1 Comment
Jun. 12, 2014, 2:17 PM
- After missing out on Hillshire Brands and Smithfield Foods, Brazilian food giant JBS S.A. (JBSAY) has a narrower list of acquisition targets, according to Deutsche Bank.
- Oscar Meyer (KRFT) and Hormel Foods (HRL) are two big-target options for JBS, while Maple Leaf Foods MFI and Sanderson Farms SAFM are on the lighter side.
Jun. 12, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Global consumption of meat will increase 1.9% a year over the next decade as demand for protein in nations such as China, Mexico, and Brazil supports the market.
- The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization forecasts that by 2030 the average person will eat close to 99 pounds of meat per year, compared to 86 pounds in 2007.
- The steady rise in protein demand has underpinned a wave of merger activity in the food sector including Tyson Foods' takeover of Hillshire Brands and Shuanghui International's acquisition of Smithfield Foods.
- Related stocks: TSN, HRL, SAFM, SEB, HSH, PPC
May 28, 2014, 7:30 AM
- An outbreak of a deadly pig virus at a farm in Indiana has rekindled fears the disease will reduce the U.S. hog population.
- The incident was a secondary outbreak which raises concerns that affected pigs aren't developing full immunity to the virus.
- Hog futures are up 26% since the PEDV first hit last summer.
- Related stocks: TSN, HRL, HSH, SEB, PPC
- Related ETFs: UBC, COW, LSTK.
Other News & PR