What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 26, 2013, 10:43 AM| Nov. 26, 2013, 10:43 AM | 1 Comment
Nov. 26, 2013, 7:20 AM
- Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL) declares $0.20/share quarterly dividend, 17.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.17.
- Forward yield 1.88%
- Payable Feb. 14; for shareholders of record Jan 22; ex-div Jan 17.
Nov. 26, 2013, 6:18 AM
- Hormel Foods (HRL): FQ4 EPS of $0.58 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $2.32B (+7% Y/Y) beats by $0.02B. (PR)
Nov. 26, 2013, 12:05 AM
Nov. 25, 2013, 5:30 PM
Nov. 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
- New meat labeling rules in the U.S. that start on Saturday aim to help consumers understand exactly where their products have originated from in the wake of meat contamination issues.
- The new labels will include a biography of sorts on the animals consumers are eating - with detailed information on where livestock was born, raised, and slaughtered.
- The USDA estimates that compliance will cost the meat industry between $53.1M and $192.1M, although the development could be an advantage to U.S. producers.
- Related stocks: Tyson Foods (TSN), Hormel Foods (HRL), Sanderson Farms (SAFM), Seaboard Corporation (SEB), Hillshire Brands (HSH).
Nov. 7, 2013, 10:00 AM
- The FDA says it will propose measures to dramatically limit artificial trans fats from products sold in the U.S.
- Many varieties of packaged foods and frozen foods contain trans fats as well as items commonly sold at restaurants.
- Cutting the fat: Nestle (NSRGY), PepsiCo (PEP), Tyson Foods (TSN), Mondelez International (MDLZ), Unilever (UL), General Mills (GIS), Kraft Foods (KRFT), Kellogg (K), Dean Foods (DF), Campbell Soup (CPB), Hormel (HRL), Hershey (HSY), Pilgrims Pride (PPC),
Sep. 6, 2013, 9:07 AM| Sep. 6, 2013, 9:07 AM
Aug. 22, 2013, 11:20 AM
- Hormel Foods (HRL +1.1%) trades higher after putting up a mixed quarter.
- Operating profits were higher for four out of five of the company's segments but were down 26% for the refrigerated foods segment which accounts for around half of net sales.
- Overall, volumes were up 3% for the quarter.
- Full year EPS outlook affirmed at $1.88-1.96 versus consensus of $1.95. (PR)
Aug. 22, 2013, 6:32 AM
- Hormel Foods (HRL): FQ3 EPS of $0.42 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.16B (+8% Y/Y) beats by $0.04B. (PR)
Aug. 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
Aug. 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
Aug. 13, 2013, 10:41 AM
- A sharp drop in corn prices could filter down to help give a little lift to the bottom lines of a number of food companies.
- Tyson Foods (TSN +0.4%), Pilgrims Pride <<PPC>, and Hormel (HRL +0.6%) are three of the companies that could benefit the most if hedging strategies don't get in the way.
- Raw material cost could turn lower for cereal makers Kellogg (K -0.1%), General Mills (GIS), and Post Holdings (POST -0.7%).
- Soda sellers Coca-Cola (KO -0.5%), PepsiCo (PEP -0.3%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS -0.3%) won't mind the news either.
Aug. 5, 2013, 2:22 PM
- Shares of Tyson Foods (TSN +4.3%) are higher after the company surprised analysts with a brisk quarter led by steady demand for chicken, pork, and beef products. The trend of restaurants and consumers moving toward a higher mix of lower-margin chicken products seems to have abated, which is also welcome relief for Tyson.
- Peers are out-performing market averages for the days on the good sector news. SFD +0.1%, HRL +0.2%, PPC +0.4%.
Jul. 29, 2013, 2:38 PM| Jul. 29, 2013, 2:38 PM
Jul. 12, 2013, 7:32 AM
Other News & PR