What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Feb. 24, 2014, 4:39 AM
- HSBC's (HSBC) 2013 pretax profit rose 9% to $22.56B but fell short of consensus of $24.6B.
- Underlying revenue grew to $63.3B from $61.6B, while underlying operating costs dropped 6% to $38B.
- Q4 pretax profit fell to $3.96B from $4.43B a year earlier.
- HSBC increased its dividend to $0.49 a share from $0.45.
- However, the bank warned of "choppy markets" this year as emerging economies adjust to "changing economic circumstances and sentiment."
- Shares are -4.2% in London. (PR)
Aug. 5, 2013, 5:01 AM
- HSBC's (HBC) underlying pretax profit +47% to $13.1B, helped by lower loan-impairment charges and operating costs.
- Attributable profit +23% to $10B.
- Net interest income -8% to $17.8B.
- Western economic growth continued to be tepid while growth in China and the rest of Asia stuttered; regulatory reforms added to costs.
- Impairment charges and credit risk provisions -$1.7B to $3.1B.
- Grew revenues in key areas: Financing & Equity Capital Markets, Credit businesses, residential mortgages in the U.K. and Hong Kong, and from collaboration between global businesses.
- Return on equity rises to 12% from 10.5% last year.
- Underlying expenses -8%, helped by $800M of cost savings across all regions, taking the annualized total to $4.1B since the start of 2011.
- Core tier 1 ratio 12.7%, common equity tier 1 ratio 10.1%.
- Total assets -2% since December to $2.645T.
- Declares second interim dividend for 2013 of $0.10 a share.
- Shares -3%. (PR)
Other News & PR