What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Tue, Jan. 12, 7:51 AM
- Healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) acquires Brisbane, Australia-based RxWorks, a provider of veterinary practice management software, for an undisclosed sum. The deal should close later this month.
- RxWorks booked sales of ~$7M for the 12-month period ending June 30, 2015. Schein expects the transaction to be dilutive by less than $0.01 to 2016 EPS and accretive in 2017 by ~$0.01.
Mon, Jan. 4, 8:49 AM
- The U.S. medical business unit of distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), Henry Schein Medical, signs on to sell Cepheid's (NASDAQ:CPHD) GeneXpert System on a non-exclusive basis. It will promote the product and its menu of 17 tests to non-acute care laboratories in the U.S. (non-hospital labs).
- The total potential market consists of more than 10,000 moderately complex non-hospital laboratories and more than 100,000 CLIA-waived physician office labs (once the GeneXpert Omni is available in ~one year).
Dec. 1, 2015, 7:36 AM
- The board of healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) authorizes the repurchase of up to $400M of the company's common stock. At current prices, the buyback represents ~3% of outstanding shares.
- The company's current repurchase plan of $300M is almost complete, with only ~$25M remaining to be spent.
Nov. 4, 2015, 6:08 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q3 EPS of $1.55 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $2.7B (+3.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Jul. 29, 2015, 7:15 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q2 EPS of $1.46 in-line.
- Revenue of $2.63B (+0.4% Y/Y) misses by $50M.
Jul. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ANTM, APO, AVY, BAH, BDC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CARB, CBG, CDK, CFR, CHH, CLF, CRI, DATA, DIN, DORM, DXYN, ESIO, ETN, EVER, EXC, FDML, FLY, GCI, GD, GEL, GIB, GRA, GRMN, GT, GTI, HCBK, HES, HLT, HSIC, HSP, HTA, HUM, HUN, IP, IRT, JAH, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MA, MDCO, MO, MTH, MTOR, MVIS, NOC, PAG, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SPIL, SPR, SPW, SSE, STNG, STRA, STRZA, TGI, TRI, UBSI, UMC, VNTV, WEC, WEX, WILN, WOOF
Jun. 12, 2015, 12:17 PM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -1.5%) initiated with Hold rating and $75 (10% upside) price target by Deutsche Bank.
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN +9.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $30 (70% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- Plasmatech Biopharmaceuticals (PTBI -2.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $16 (118% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP -0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $38 (19% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Depomed (DEPO -2.1%) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $23 (10% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Community Health Systems (CYH +0.5%) initiated with Outperform rating and $65 (19% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- HCA Holdings (HCA -0.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $93 (11% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT -0.2%) initiated with Neutral rating and $80 (5% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- HealthSouth (HLS) initiated with Neutral rating and $46 (3% downside risk) price target by Wedbush.
- Adeptus Health (ADPT -0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $106 (26% upside) price target by KeyBanc.
- Universal Health Services (UHS -0.1%) initiated with Neutral rating and $141 (7% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Owens & Minor (OMI -0.2%) initiated with Sector Perform rating and $35 (3% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
- Henry Schein (HSIC -0.6%) initiated with Outperform rating and $165 (16% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
May 4, 2015, 8:52 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC +1.3%) Q1 results: Revenues: $2,463.6M (+1.4%); COGS: $1,750.3M (+1.0%); SG&A: $545.2M (+1.1%); Operating Income: $161.4M (+2.6%); Net Income: $103.4M (+1.3%); EPS: $1.22 (+3.4%); Quick Assets: $59.2M (-33.9%); CF Ops: ($26.7M) (-51.6%).
- 2015 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: $5.90 - $6.00.
May 4, 2015, 7:02 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q1 EPS of $1.28 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.46B (+1.2% Y/Y) misses by $80M.
May 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 13, 2015, 6:05 PM
- Data center owner Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX), real estate trust SL Green (NYSE:SLG), and apparel maker Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) will be joining the S&P 500 after the March 20 close. Medical distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will be joining after the March 17 close.
- Leaving the index are oil/gas producer Denbury Resources (NYSE:DNR), energy services provider Nabors (NYSE:NBR), beauty product maker Avon (NYSE:AVP), and medical device maker CareFusion (about to be acquired). Denbury, Nabors, and Avon will be joining the S&P MidCap 400, taking Equinix, SL Green, and Hanesbrands' spots.
- Also: Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) is taking Henry Schein's place in the S&P 400 on March 17, and Talmer Bancorp (NASDAQ:TLMR) Buffalo Wild Wings' spot in the S&P SmallCap 600.
- EQIX +2.1% AH. SLG +2%. HBI +3.7%. TLMR +3.6%. NBR -1.8%.
Mar. 2, 2015, 9:44 AM
- Stratasys' (NASDAQ:SSYS) Q4 revenue was slightly above the guidance implied by its Feb. 2 warning, and EPS in-line. The company is reiterating the 2015 revenue and EPS guidance provided in the warning - $940M-$960M and $2.07-$2.24, respectively - as well as expectations 2015 EPS will be "derived disproportionately" from 2H15. Long-term growth/margin targets are also reiterated.
- Q4 product revenue (hurt by MakerBot pressures) +25% Y/Y to $168.6M, a notable slowdown from Q3's 48%. Services revenue +141% to $48.5M, after growing 145% in Q3. 11,214 3D printing/additive manufacturing systems were sold, and MakerBot revenue totaled $26.6M.
- Gross margin was 56%, down from 58.3% in Q3 and 60.2% a year ago. SG&A spend +61% Y/Y to $75.3M; R&D +38% to $23.2M.
- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) is following Stratasys higher. This morning, 3D announced it has added Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), the top provider of healthcare products/services to office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners, as a distributor. Henry Schein will resell 3D's ProJet 1200 and 3510 3D printer lines to dental lab customers.
- Stratasys' Q4 results, PR
Mar. 2, 2015, 9:32 AM
- Medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) enters into a multi-national distribution agreement with 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) for its 3D printers for use in dental laboratories in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Australia and Thailand.
- Under the terms of the contract, Schein will market and sell 3D's micro-SLA ProJet 1200 and ProJet 3510 DPPro as part of its digital dental lab offering.
- Henry Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor, carrying over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries.
Feb. 26, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Nano cap Atossa Genetics (NASDAQ:ATOS) is up 19% premarket on average volume in response to its announcement that medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will carry the company's FullCYTE Breast Aspirator.
- Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor. It sells over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries. Sales reached a record $10.4B last year.
Feb. 11, 2015, 7:05 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q4 EPS of $1.56 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $2.7B (+6.7% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Henry Schein Inc is engaged in providing health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. It also provides its services to government, institutional health care clinics and other alternate care clinics.
Other News & PR