Henry Schein, Inc.NASDAQ
Valuing Henry Schein For The Long Term
Henry Schein: Big Player In A Fragmented Market
Fri, Oct. 21, 7:46 AM
- Almost Family (NASDAQ:AFAM) upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $55 (31% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Jefferies. Price target raised to $95 (17% upside) from $87.
- Arbutus Biopharma (NASDAQ:ABUS) upgraded to Neutral from Sell with a $3 price (0% upside) target by Chardan Capital.
- Quintiles IMS Holdings (NYSE:Q) downgraded to Hold from Buy with a $79 (6% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Anthem (NYSE:ANTM) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $132 (6% upside) from $154.
- Bluebird bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) downgraded to Sell from Hold by Cantor Fitzgerald. Price target lowered to $37 (32% downside risk) from $42.
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Baird. Price target lowered to $164 (7% upside) from $176.
Fri, Oct. 14, 11:31 AM
- Healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (HSIC -1.3%) has recovered a bit from a 4.3% drop earlier in the session. Volume is on track to be at least double the norm.
- The somewhat encouraging action won't do much to assuage long-term shareholders, though, since the stock is still down over 14% since early August.
- Baird analyst Jeff Johnson downgraded the stock today to Neutral from Outperform and cut the price target to $164 (6% upside) from $176 citing "a confluence of small isolated issues."
Tue, Aug. 30, 10:43 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) announced it acquired an 80% stake in dental distributor Marrodent for an undisclosed amount.
- Marodent reported sales last year of $32M.
- The transaction is expected to close in Q4 after Poland's competition authorities review the deal.
- "We are delighted to enter Poland's dental market through Marrodent and we see considerable opportunity to expand this business among the country's approximately 26,000 practicing dentists and approximately 20,000 dental offices," said Henry Schein CEO Stanley Bergman.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Aug. 4, 7:04 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Tue, May 3, 7:06 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q1 EPS of $1.41 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $2.71B (+10.2% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Wed, Feb. 10, 7:02 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q4 EPS of $1.67 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $2.85B (+5.6% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:30 PM
Fri, Feb. 5, 7:50 AM
- Healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) acquires a majority ownership interest in Blumenau-based Dental Cremer S.A., a distributor of dental supplies and equipment in Brazil. It serves ~60K dentists across the country. 2015 sales were ~$70M.
- The transaction will be neutral to 2016 earnings but accretive by $0.01 - 0.02 in 2017. The deal should close in H1. Financial terms are not disclosed.
Tue, Jan. 12, 7:51 AM
- Healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) acquires Brisbane, Australia-based RxWorks, a provider of veterinary practice management software, for an undisclosed sum. The deal should close later this month.
- RxWorks booked sales of ~$7M for the 12-month period ending June 30, 2015. Schein expects the transaction to be dilutive by less than $0.01 to 2016 EPS and accretive in 2017 by ~$0.01.
Mon, Jan. 4, 8:49 AM
- The U.S. medical business unit of distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), Henry Schein Medical, signs on to sell Cepheid's (NASDAQ:CPHD) GeneXpert System on a non-exclusive basis. It will promote the product and its menu of 17 tests to non-acute care laboratories in the U.S. (non-hospital labs).
- The total potential market consists of more than 10,000 moderately complex non-hospital laboratories and more than 100,000 CLIA-waived physician office labs (once the GeneXpert Omni is available in ~one year).
Dec. 1, 2015, 7:36 AM
- The board of healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) authorizes the repurchase of up to $400M of the company's common stock. At current prices, the buyback represents ~3% of outstanding shares.
- The company's current repurchase plan of $300M is almost complete, with only ~$25M remaining to be spent.
Nov. 4, 2015, 6:08 AM
- Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC): Q3 EPS of $1.55 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $2.7B (+3.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC