Valuing Henry Schein For The Long Term
Henry Schein: Big Player In A Fragmented Market
Fri, Feb. 5, 7:50 AM
- Healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) acquires a majority ownership interest in Blumenau-based Dental Cremer S.A., a distributor of dental supplies and equipment in Brazil. It serves ~60K dentists across the country. 2015 sales were ~$70M.
- The transaction will be neutral to 2016 earnings but accretive by $0.01 - 0.02 in 2017. The deal should close in H1. Financial terms are not disclosed.
Jun. 3, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) acquires Sirona Direct, the France dental distribution business of Sirona Dental Systems for Paris and Normandy. The business generates $14M in sales per annum.
- Schein also signs an exclusive distribution agreement with Sirona Dental Systems for its full line of dental equipment for most of France.
- France is one of the largest dental markets in Europe with 36K dentists serving ~66M people.
Jan. 6, 2014, 10:04 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) has agreed to acquired five dental-related businesses from Belgium's Arseus for €50M ($68.1M).
- Henry Schein is buying a dental practice management software company, and dental and lab distribution firms, which have combined annual sales of €70M. The businesses have operations in three European countries. (PR)
Henry Schein, Inc. provides health care products and services to medical, dental, and veterinary office-based practitioners. It operates its business through two reportable segments: Healthcare Distribution and Technology, and Value-Added Services. The Healthcare Distribution segment aggregates... More
Industry: Medical Equipment Wholesale
Country: United States
Other News & PR