Henry Schein, Inc.NASDAQ
Valuing Henry Schein For The Long Term
Henry Schein: Big Player In A Fragmented Market
Tue, Aug. 30, 10:43 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) announced it acquired an 80% stake in dental distributor Marrodent for an undisclosed amount.
- Marodent reported sales last year of $32M.
- The transaction is expected to close in Q4 after Poland's competition authorities review the deal.
- "We are delighted to enter Poland's dental market through Marrodent and we see considerable opportunity to expand this business among the country's approximately 26,000 practicing dentists and approximately 20,000 dental offices," said Henry Schein CEO Stanley Bergman.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Feb. 5, 7:50 AM
- Healthcare products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) acquires a majority ownership interest in Blumenau-based Dental Cremer S.A., a distributor of dental supplies and equipment in Brazil. It serves ~60K dentists across the country. 2015 sales were ~$70M.
- The transaction will be neutral to 2016 earnings but accretive by $0.01 - 0.02 in 2017. The deal should close in H1. Financial terms are not disclosed.
Jun. 3, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) acquires Sirona Direct, the France dental distribution business of Sirona Dental Systems for Paris and Normandy. The business generates $14M in sales per annum.
- Schein also signs an exclusive distribution agreement with Sirona Dental Systems for its full line of dental equipment for most of France.
- France is one of the largest dental markets in Europe with 36K dentists serving ~66M people.
Jan. 6, 2014, 10:04 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) has agreed to acquired five dental-related businesses from Belgium's Arseus for €50M ($68.1M).
- Henry Schein is buying a dental practice management software company, and dental and lab distribution firms, which have combined annual sales of €70M. The businesses have operations in three European countries. (PR)