Mar. 13, 2015, 6:05 PM
- Data center owner Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX), real estate trust SL Green (NYSE:SLG), and apparel maker Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) will be joining the S&P 500 after the March 20 close. Medical distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will be joining after the March 17 close.
- Leaving the index are oil/gas producer Denbury Resources (NYSE:DNR), energy services provider Nabors (NYSE:NBR), beauty product maker Avon (NYSE:AVP), and medical device maker CareFusion (about to be acquired). Denbury, Nabors, and Avon will be joining the S&P MidCap 400, taking Equinix, SL Green, and Hanesbrands' spots.
- Also: Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) is taking Henry Schein's place in the S&P 400 on March 17, and Talmer Bancorp (NASDAQ:TLMR) Buffalo Wild Wings' spot in the S&P SmallCap 600.
- EQIX +2.1% AH. SLG +2%. HBI +3.7%. TLMR +3.6%. NBR -1.8%.
Mar. 2, 2015, 9:44 AM
- Stratasys' (NASDAQ:SSYS) Q4 revenue was slightly above the guidance implied by its Feb. 2 warning, and EPS in-line. The company is reiterating the 2015 revenue and EPS guidance provided in the warning - $940M-$960M and $2.07-$2.24, respectively - as well as expectations 2015 EPS will be "derived disproportionately" from 2H15. Long-term growth/margin targets are also reiterated.
- Q4 product revenue (hurt by MakerBot pressures) +25% Y/Y to $168.6M, a notable slowdown from Q3's 48%. Services revenue +141% to $48.5M, after growing 145% in Q3. 11,214 3D printing/additive manufacturing systems were sold, and MakerBot revenue totaled $26.6M.
- Gross margin was 56%, down from 58.3% in Q3 and 60.2% a year ago. SG&A spend +61% Y/Y to $75.3M; R&D +38% to $23.2M.
- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) is following Stratasys higher. This morning, 3D announced it has added Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), the top provider of healthcare products/services to office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners, as a distributor. Henry Schein will resell 3D's ProJet 1200 and 3510 3D printer lines to dental lab customers.
- Stratasys' Q4 results, PR
Feb. 26, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Nano cap Atossa Genetics (NASDAQ:ATOS) is up 19% premarket on average volume in response to its announcement that medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will carry the company's FullCYTE Breast Aspirator.
- Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor. It sells over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries. Sales reached a record $10.4B last year.
Jun. 17, 2013, 11:11 AM
Align Technology (ALGN +3.2%) moves up this morning after Stifel Nicolaus' Jonathan Block tweaks his price target up to $40 from $38 and suggests taking advantage of recent volatility to buy the stock. Block says there are number of catalysts to drive the shares higher over the near term, including overly conservative FY14 earnings estimates, resolution of its patent litigation against ClearCorrect, and synergy from its alliance with Henry Schein (HSIC).| Jun. 17, 2013, 11:11 AM
Apr. 19, 2013, 3:18 PM
Henry Schein (HSIC +1.4%) says it's locked in a facility agreement of up to $300M with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ based on the securitization of its accounts receivable. The company plans to use the new facility for funding new potential acquisitions, as well as for capital expenditures, the repurchase of the company's capital stock and permitted refinancing of existing debt.| Apr. 19, 2013, 3:18 PM
Nov. 1, 2011, 12:28 PM
Henry Schein (HSIC -7.4%) beat Q3 estimates, but earnings climbed less-than-expected as the vaccine maker suffered from lower sales of its flu shots and margin pressure due to higher costs. The company also issues cautious guidance for FY12, citing foreign currency concerns.| Nov. 1, 2011, 12:28 PM