Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.NYSE
Mon, Nov. 14, 3:07 PM
- With interest rates shooting higher today, the REIT selloff resumed this morning, but there's been a major reversal, with the VNQ now up 2.5% and IYR +2% vs, the S&P 500's flat performance.
- Among the movers: Vereit (VER +1.4%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +3.5%), HCP (HCP +4.7%), Lexington Realty (LXP +4.8%), UDR (UDR +3.4%), General Growth (GGP +3.6%), CubeSmart (CUBE +1%), Host Hotels (HST +5.1%), Gramercy Property (GPT +3.2%).
Wed, Nov. 2, 6:04 AM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ADP, AGN, ALKS, AMSC, ANTM, ARCC, ARCO, ASC, BABA, BAH, BDC, BG, BTE, CBB, CCJ, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLH, CLX, CRL, CRTO, CSTE, DLPH, DNOW, DOC, EE, EL, EMES, FLWS, FUN, GLDD, GPT, HCN, HEP, HSIC, HST, HYH, INGR, INXN, IPI, JLL, KATE, MMP, MNTA, MVIS, NRZ, NS, NSM, NVMI, NWN, NYT, ODP, OMAM, ORBC, ORBK, OZM, PCRX, Q, SABR, SBGI, SE, SEP, SHOP, SJR, SNAK, SNR, SRE, STE, STWD, SUM, TEL, TGNA, TMHC, TOWR, TRP, TWX, VER, VMC, VOYA, VSI, WD, YELP, ZTS
Thu, Sep. 15, 8:33 AM
Wed, Aug. 24, 1:16 PM
- Things to look forward to over the next few quarters are a special dividend, more buybacks, and lower debt, says analyst Jacob Kilstein, maintaining his Buy rating on Host Hotels (NYSE:HST), and lifting the price target $2 to $21 (roughly 15% upside).
- Proceeds from all this will come from nearly $1B in property sales promised by management, says Kilstein.
Fri, Jul. 29, 6:09 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 10:06 AM
- FelCor Lodging (FCH -2.9%) missed estimates and cut full-year guidance, noting softness in corporate travel for the rest of the year. Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -5.7%) posted an earnings beat, but wasn't optimistic about the rest of the year. The company cut RevPAR growth guidance for both itself, and the industry.
- SunStone Hotel (SHO -1.5%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -3.4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.4%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -1.5%), Host Hotels (HST -2.9%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -1.6%), DiamondRock Hospitality (DRH -1.2%).
Wed, Jul. 20, 7:34 AM
- Pebblebrook Hotel (NYSE:PEB) and Host Hotels (NYSE:HST) are cut to Hold from Buy, and Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) to Sell from Hold.
- Noted by analyst Rich Hightower is recent share outperformance amid a deteriorating fundamental outlook.
- All three stocks have had decent runs this year, but the moves are just bounces off of a very rough 2015.
Wed, Jul. 13, 7:23 AM| Wed, Jul. 13, 7:23 AM
Wed, Jun. 15, 10:01 AM
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors last week passed a bill requiring home-sharing services like Airbnb (Private:AIRB) to remove listings of units that have not been registered with the San Francisco Office of Short-Term Rentals.
- The team at Canaccord expects a near-term reduction of Airbnb listings of 80%, and nearly 50% on a stabilized basis. This should be a "marginal tailwind," and help San Francisco relative to other major hotel markets in coming months. Other cities are likely to follow suit.
- Buy rated stocks remain: Apple Hospitality (APLE +0.6%), DiamondRock (DRH +2%), Summit Hotel (INN +0.6%), Marriott (MAR +0.9%), and RLJ Lodging (RLJ +1.6%).
- Meanwhile, the lodging sector as a whole has its tail in the air as not only this news, but Airbnb's agreement to begin collecting occupancy tax in Pennsylvania filters through.
- Ashford (AHP +1.6%), (AHT +1.2%), Starwood (HOT +0.8%), Hospitality Properties (HPT +0.8%), Host Hotels (HST +1.5%), LaSalle (LHO +2.2%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.1%), Pebblebrook (PEB +2.2%), Chesapeake (CHSP +1.3%), Chatham (CLDT +1.2%), Hersha (HT +1.4%)
Wed, Jun. 15, 8:08 AM
- Host Hotels & Resorts (NYSE:HST) declares $0.20/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 5.15%
- Payable July 15; for shareholders of record June 30; ex-div June 28.
Mon, Jun. 6, 8:32 AM
- The company closed o the sale of the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center (379 rooms), San Cristobal Tower, Santiago (139 rooms), and Manhattan Beach Marriott (385 rooms) for about $175M. The average RevPAR of the three of $124 stands against company RevPAR of $170.
- This brings sales of non-core properties at HST to more than $1.2B over the last 12 months.
- Also noted are $65M in buybacks since the Q1 earnings call on April 29, bringing total buybacks since April 2015 to $822M.
Thu, May 19, 9:58 AM
- RLJ Lodging Trust (RLJ -5.1%) is the recipient of a two-notch downgrade to Underperform from Buy at BAML.
- The sector as a whole is under a great deal of pressure again today, still reacting to the FOMC's surprising hawkishness yesterday. Not only do higher rates compete with these dividend payers, but operationally there's pain as the resultant stronger dollar slows foreign demand for rooms.
- Ashford Trust (AHT -3.6%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -3.5%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -3.7%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.9%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -1.8%), Host Hotels (HST -4.1%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -5.2%), DiamondRock (DRH -4.9%).
Fri, Apr. 29, 6:03 AM
- Host Hotels & Resorts (NYSE:HST): Q1 FFO of $0.41 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.34B (+2.3% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM| Thu, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM | 3 Comments