Thu, Feb. 26, 7:01 PM
- Patricia Little, currently the CFO of staffing services firm Kelly Services (NASDAQ:KELYA), has been named Hershey's (NYSE:HSY) new CFO, effective March 16.
- Hershey's last permanent CFO, David Tacka, announced in September he'd be retiring by the end of 2014. Accounting chief Richard McConville has been serving as interim CFO.
Thu, Feb. 19, 3:06 PM
- New recommendations from the USDA's Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee call for reduced consumption of sugar in the U.S. in order to help alleviate obesity.
- A tax on foods with high sugar content has been part of the discussion.
- Analysis from the group on sugar supplement aspartame was mixed.
- The consumption of sodas by children is of particular concern to the group which also issued broader guidelines on dietary health.
- Food lobbyists are expected to challenge some of the proposals.
- USDA press release
- Related stocks: KRFT, MDLZ, PEP, KO, HSY, RMCF, MNST, TR.
Wed, Feb. 18, 4:19 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) presented today at the CAGNY conference.
- Digital initiatives and a move toward healthier ingredients were two major themes of the talk.
- A new $250M share repurchase agreement was unveiled by management.
- The company also reiterated its previous guidance of 2015 revenue growth of 5.5% to 7.5% and EPS of $4.30-$4.38 vs. $4.36 consensus.
- HSY closed today +1.0% with some late momentum.
Fri, Jan. 30, 1:34 PM
- Heshey's (HSY -0.7%) deal to buy Krave this week brings some new categories to the company.
- Krave specializes in healthy snacks - including nuts, trail mixes, and jerky with no nitrates or artificial flavors.
- A meat bar is planned from Krave later this year.
- The deal price for the Krave acquisition wasn't disclosed by Hersey.
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:33 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports seasonal net sales in the North America were in line with expectations.
- The company saw a 3.1 point benefit to sales growth in Q4 from higher prices.
- Foreign exchange translation clipped 80 bps from sales growth.
- Gross margin rate +30 bps to 44.1%, aided by lower input costs.
- Net margin rate +60 bps to 10.1%.
- HSY -2.7% premarket.
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:23 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:10 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Wed, Jan. 28, 10:28 AM
- Hershey (HSY +0.4%) is improvising in order to make up for lost impulse buying as more consumers shop online or use self-checkouts at stores, a top exec tells CPGmatters.
- The company plans to test new locations for vending machine, place dispensers near checkout lines, and add strategic kiosks in order to bring impulse buying back into the equation.
Sat, Jan. 17, 12:45 PM
- Milk prices are in a downward trend with an excess of supply on the international market.
- The supply is so far beyond expectations that some U.S. cooperatives have directed farms to pour out part of their inventory.
- A reduced level of milk imports from China and Russia has been a factor in the market.
- Food companies are seeing a quicker benefit from the milk price decline than consumers, although analysts anticipate lower prices at grocery and C-stores stores in 2015.
- Milk price data (consumers) vs. milk futures chart
- Related stocks: DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, OTCPK:NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, QSR, KO, GIS,
- Related ETFs: MOO.
Tue, Jan. 13, 1:04 PM
- Barclays sees dividend payouts on the S&P 500 increasing 7% this year to reach a yield of close to 2%.
- The investment firm recommends buying shares of companies in the index poised for top-line growth and dividend payout boosts.
- At least 6 consumer products/services companies make the Barclays list of attractive dividend stocks.
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): 2.01% yield
- Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM): 2.24% yield
- PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP): 2.70% yield
- Lorillard (NYSE:LO): 3.80% yield
- Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN): 1.63% yield
- Macy's (NYSE:M): 1.89% yield
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:02 AM
- Olam's $1.3B deal to buy rival Archer Daniels Midland's cocoa processing business may reduce liquidity in the cocoa bean trade, raising concerns about volatile prices and a potential shake-up of customer relationships.
- Olam buys around 500K tonnes of cocoa annually, and it said it will increase its processing capacity to more than 700K tonnes, or 16% of world supply, with this deal.
- This could force users supplied by Olam to look elsewhere for many of their beans, putting a strain on prices.
- Related stocks: MDLZ, HSY, OTCPK:NSRGY, OTC:BYCBF
- ETFs: NIB, CHOC
- Previously: ADM to sell global cocoa business to Olam International for $1.3B (Dec. 15 2014)
Dec. 5, 2014, 4:15 PM
- A damaging frost in Turkey has pushed up the price of hazelnuts dramatically with stockpiles low.
- The hazelnut crisis comes on top of elevated cocoa costs for chocolate bar makers over the last two years.
- Though chocolate prices have been lifted by producers, analysts don't see all the cost inflation being passed on to consumers.
- Chocolate bar makers: Fererro, Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY), Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (NASDAQ:RMCF).
Dec. 3, 2014, 2:14 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) is looking to replace high-fructose corn syrup in some of its products with sugar.
- "We take into account what consumers want. And consumers are telling us between the two, they prefer sugar," says Will Papa, chief research and development officer.
- Hershey is still "exploring" the idea and does not have a time-frame on when it might be complete.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:21 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports organic sales rose 6% in Q3 on solid volume gains.
- Sales in North America +4.2% with early demand for Halloween products a factor.
- International sales +18.4% (below estimates).
- Gross profit rate -230 bps to 43.8% on pressure from dairy prices.
- EBIT margin rate -30 bps to 18.7%.
- Guidance: Hershey forecasts 2015 EPS of $4.37-$4.47 vs. $4.48 consensus. The company expects to gain market share in the Halloween spend by consumers in the U.S.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:15 AM
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR