China Concerns Create 5:1 Upside Opportunity For Hershey
Valkyria Capital Partners
Valkyria Capital Partners
Oct. 28, 2015, 7:06 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): Q3 EPS of $0.70 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.13.
- Revenue of $1.96B (flat Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY
Oct. 14, 2015, 8:11 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) announces a new five-year partnership with the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- The agreement will see Hershey become an official sponsor of Team USA.
- The USOC sponsorship falls in line with a broad marketing strategy by the company to highlight Hershey's iconic brands with consumers.
Oct. 6, 2015, 4:22 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) declares $0.583/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.48%
- Payable Dec. 15; for shareholders of record Nov. 25; ex-div Nov. 23.
Sep. 16, 2015, 7:02 AM
Aug. 17, 2015, 12:15 PM
- Hershey (HSY +0.6%) can move ahead to end a joint venture in Brazil with Pandurata Alimentos after landing approval from local regulators.
- The company will buy out its JV partners in Brazil for an undisclosed amount.
- The development will allow Hershey to grow candy brands independently in the region.
Aug. 7, 2015, 7:23 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports a net acquisitions and divestitures benefit of 1.4 percentage points in Q2. Unfavorable foreign currency exchange swings chopped off 1.3 percentage points of growth.
- Segment sales: North America +1.8% to $1.399B, International -12.1% to $179.3M.
- Adjusted gross margin rate increased 130 bps to 46.7% off of improved pricing.
- Retail chocolate sales in China were up about 10%.
- Guidance: Full-year revenue expected to increase 1.5% to 2.5% (+3% to +4% in constant currency). EPS of $4.10 to $4.18 seen vs. $4.15 consensus.
- Previously: Hershey beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
Aug. 7, 2015, 7:09 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) declares $0.583/share quarterly dividend, 9% increase from prior dividend of $0.535.
- Forward yield 2.53%
- Payable Sept. 15; for shareholders of record Aug. 25; ex-div Aug. 21.
Aug. 7, 2015, 7:01 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): Q2 EPS of $0.78 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.58B (flat Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Aug. 6, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 5, 2015, 8:03 AM
Jul. 16, 2015, 9:36 AM
- Hershey (HSY +0.6%) announces it hired a new Chief Marketing Officer.
- Peter Horst was hired away from Capital One Financial where he led a well-known and distinctive marketing campaign (What's in your Wallet?).
- The hiring comes with Hershey stuck in a bit of a rut, shares down 11.3% YTD, amid global F/X challenges and a shift toward healthier snacking.
Jul. 7, 2015, 9:08 AM
- Hostess Brands, the bakery firm that was pursuing a sale after two years under private-equity ownership, has taken itself off that market and will pursue an IPO instead, Reuters reports.
- The company reportedly turned down offers from other companies and P-E firms that valued it from $2.4B-$2.5B including debt. It'll now seek a new loan to pay a dividend to its owners, Dean Metropoulos and Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO).
- Hostess has turned its business around quickly after filing for bankruptcy three years ago, but its market share is still below pre-bankruptcy levels.
- Brands have been relaunched and profitability has improved since being bought out of bankruptcy.
- Snack rivals: MDLZ, HSY, FLO, OTCPK:GRBMF.
Jun. 19, 2015, 1:11 PM
- Confidence in Hershey (HSY -3.5%) is slipping after the company cut guidance earlier today.
- The candy seller is battling soft demand for chocolate in China and a broader global food trend toward protein snacks
- Hershey purchased Shanghai Golden Monkey for $584M in 2013 with an eye on leveraging the local brand with its iconic products, but so far has failed to generate some of the synergies which were forecast.
- HSY is trading close to its 52-week low.
- Previously: Hershey slides after lowering guidance (Jun. 19 2015)
- Previously: Job cuts and productivity plan unveiled at Hershey's (Jun. 19 2015)
Jun. 19, 2015, 7:26 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) announces it will cut 300 jobs by the end of the year.
- The company says it will take a pretax charge of $100M to $120M to cover the job eliminations.
- A global leadership team is being created by Hershey to tackle growth in emerging markets.
- HSY -2.9% premarket after updating guidance earlier.
Jun. 19, 2015, 7:10 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) estimates sales will increase 2.5% to 3.5% this year.
- If currency fluctuations are backed out, sales are seen rising 6% to 7%.
- The company's guidance takes into account new acquisitions and chocolate growth in China which is below expectations.
- Full-year EPS is expected to be in a range of $4.10-$4.18 vs. $4.31 consensus.
- HSY -2.99% premarket to $89.50.
The Hershey Co. produces chocolate and sugar confectionery products. It operates in the geographic regions North America and International & Others. The North America segment is responsible for our chocolate and sugar confectionery market position in the United States and Canada. This includes... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR