What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Apr. 20, 2015, 7:29 AM
Apr. 10, 2015, 1:02 PM
- Hershey (HSY +0.1%) says it will source enough cocoa from sustainable sources to easily meet demand for chocolate brands Brookside, Kit Kat, Kisses, and Hershey's.
- The sustainable sourced cocoa amount will continue to increase to reach a level that will include other global brands such as Reese's in 2017.
- The company set some ambitious targets on cocoa sourcing earlier this year.
Apr. 2, 2015, 7:25 AM
- The board at Hershey (NYSE:HSY) has appointed CEO John Bilbrey to be the Chairman of the Board on top of his current position.
- The combination of the CEO and Chairman duties is a strong vote of confidence in Bilbrey.
- Shares of Hershey have almost doubled since Bilbrey took the helm in 2011.
Mar. 26, 2015, 12:37 PM
- Deutsche Bank thinks 3G Capital will be back in the food sector for a major acquisition faster than some other investment firms anticipate.
- 3G put itself in a stronger position to make a major purchase by not adding debt in the Kraft deal.
- Analyst Eric Katzman sees some food names trading with a premium as the 3G shadow hangs over the sector, while others have downside risk with M&A speculation not making as much sense.
- Premium on: ConAgra (NYSE:CAG), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF), PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP).
- Premium off: Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Hormel (NYSE:HRL), Kellogg (NYSE:K), J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM).
- Previously: Investors snapping up food stocks (Mar. 25 2015)
- Previously: Beer fallout from Kraft buyout (Mar. 25 2015)
- Previously: Kraft-Heinz merger has a few ETFs on the move (Mar. 25 2015)
Mar. 9, 2015, 7:00 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) is in talks to buy U.K. firm Quorn, according to Sky News.
- Quorn, which is owned by P-E firm Exponent Private Equity, distributes food to more than 2K Wal-Mart stores.
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) are Hershey (NYSE:HSY) have been mentioned as other potential bidders for Quorn.
Mar. 6, 2015, 10:46 AM
- Global consumer staples stocks are weaker than market averages as concerns on market pricing and F/X sit in the background.
- The 1.21% gain in the U.S. Dollar Index isn't going unnoticed by traders.
- Notable decliners include General Mills (NYSE:GIS) -1.6%, Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL) -2.0%, Unilever (NYSE:UL) -1.9%, General Mills (GIS) -1.8%, Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) -1.9%, Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) -1.8%, Hershey (NYSE:HSY) -1.8%, Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) -1.2%.
- The Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is down 1.2% versus S&P 500 -0.4%.
- Other staples ETFs: VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC
Feb. 26, 2015, 7:01 PM
- Patricia Little, currently the CFO of staffing services firm Kelly Services (NASDAQ:KELYA), has been named Hershey's (NYSE:HSY) new CFO, effective March 16.
- Hershey's last permanent CFO, David Tacka, announced in September he'd be retiring by the end of 2014. Accounting chief Richard McConville has been serving as interim CFO.
Feb. 19, 2015, 3:06 PM
- New recommendations from the USDA's Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee call for reduced consumption of sugar in the U.S. in order to help alleviate obesity.
- A tax on foods with high sugar content has been part of the discussion.
- Analysis from the group on sugar supplement aspartame was mixed.
- The consumption of sodas by children is of particular concern to the group which also issued broader guidelines on dietary health.
- Food lobbyists are expected to challenge some of the proposals.
- Related stocks: KRFT, MDLZ, PEP, KO, HSY, RMCF, MNST, TR.
Feb. 18, 2015, 4:19 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) presented today at the CAGNY conference.
- Digital initiatives and a move toward healthier ingredients were two major themes of the talk.
- A new $250M share repurchase agreement was unveiled by management.
- The company also reiterated its previous guidance of 2015 revenue growth of 5.5% to 7.5% and EPS of $4.30-$4.38 vs. $4.36 consensus.
- HSY closed today +1.0% with some late momentum.
Jan. 30, 2015, 1:34 PM
- Heshey's (HSY -0.7%) deal to buy Krave this week brings some new categories to the company.
- Krave specializes in healthy snacks - including nuts, trail mixes, and jerky with no nitrates or artificial flavors.
- A meat bar is planned from Krave later this year.
- The deal price for the Krave acquisition wasn't disclosed by Hersey.
Jan. 29, 2015, 7:33 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports seasonal net sales in the North America were in line with expectations.
- The company saw a 3.1 point benefit to sales growth in Q4 from higher prices.
- Foreign exchange translation clipped 80 bps from sales growth.
- Gross margin rate +30 bps to 44.1%, aided by lower input costs.
- Net margin rate +60 bps to 10.1%.
- HSY -2.7% premarket.
Jan. 29, 2015, 7:23 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.99%
- Payable March 16; for shareholders of record Feb. 25; ex-div Feb. 23.
Jan. 29, 2015, 7:10 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): Q4 EPS of $1.04 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $2.01B (+2.6% Y/Y) misses by $60M.
Jan. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Jan. 28, 2015, 10:28 AM
- Hershey (HSY +0.4%) is improvising in order to make up for lost impulse buying as more consumers shop online or use self-checkouts at stores, a top exec tells CPGmatters.
- The company plans to test new locations for vending machine, place dispensers near checkout lines, and add strategic kiosks in order to bring impulse buying back into the equation.
Jan. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Milk prices are in a downward trend with an excess of supply on the international market.
- The supply is so far beyond expectations that some U.S. cooperatives have directed farms to pour out part of their inventory.
- A reduced level of milk imports from China and Russia has been a factor in the market.
- Food companies are seeing a quicker benefit from the milk price decline than consumers, although analysts anticipate lower prices at grocery and C-stores stores in 2015.
- Milk price data (consumers) vs. milk futures chart
- Related stocks: DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, OTCPK:NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, QSR, KO, GIS,
- Related ETFs: MOO.
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR