What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jan. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Milk prices are in a downward trend with an excess of supply on the international market.
- The supply is so far beyond expectations that some U.S. cooperatives have directed farms to pour out part of their inventory.
- A reduced level of milk imports from China and Russia has been a factor in the market.
- Food companies are seeing a quicker benefit from the milk price decline than consumers, although analysts anticipate lower prices at grocery and C-stores stores in 2015.
- Milk price data (consumers) vs. milk futures chart
- Related stocks: DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, OTCPK:NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, QSR, KO, GIS,
- Related ETFs: MOO.
Jan. 13, 2015, 1:04 PM
- Barclays sees dividend payouts on the S&P 500 increasing 7% this year to reach a yield of close to 2%.
- The investment firm recommends buying shares of companies in the index poised for top-line growth and dividend payout boosts.
- At least 6 consumer products/services companies make the Barclays list of attractive dividend stocks.
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): 2.01% yield
- Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM): 2.24% yield
- PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP): 2.70% yield
- Lorillard (NYSE:LO): 3.80% yield
- Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN): 1.63% yield
- Macy's (NYSE:M): 1.89% yield
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:02 AM
- Olam's $1.3B deal to buy rival Archer Daniels Midland's cocoa processing business may reduce liquidity in the cocoa bean trade, raising concerns about volatile prices and a potential shake-up of customer relationships.
- Olam buys around 500K tonnes of cocoa annually, and it said it will increase its processing capacity to more than 700K tonnes, or 16% of world supply, with this deal.
- This could force users supplied by Olam to look elsewhere for many of their beans, putting a strain on prices.
- Related stocks: MDLZ, HSY, OTCPK:NSRGY, OTC:BYCBF
- ETFs: NIB, CHOC
- Previously: ADM to sell global cocoa business to Olam International for $1.3B (Dec. 15 2014)
Dec. 5, 2014, 4:15 PM
- A damaging frost in Turkey has pushed up the price of hazelnuts dramatically with stockpiles low.
- The hazelnut crisis comes on top of elevated cocoa costs for chocolate bar makers over the last two years.
- Though chocolate prices have been lifted by producers, analysts don't see all the cost inflation being passed on to consumers.
- Chocolate bar makers: Fererro, Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY), Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (NASDAQ:RMCF).
Dec. 3, 2014, 2:14 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) is looking to replace high-fructose corn syrup in some of its products with sugar.
- "We take into account what consumers want. And consumers are telling us between the two, they prefer sugar," says Will Papa, chief research and development officer.
- Hershey is still "exploring" the idea and does not have a time-frame on when it might be complete.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:21 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports organic sales rose 6% in Q3 on solid volume gains.
- Sales in North America +4.2% with early demand for Halloween products a factor.
- International sales +18.4% (below estimates).
- Gross profit rate -230 bps to 43.8% on pressure from dairy prices.
- EBIT margin rate -30 bps to 18.7%.
- Guidance: Hershey forecasts 2015 EPS of $4.37-$4.47 vs. $4.48 consensus. The company expects to gain market share in the Halloween spend by consumers in the U.S.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:15 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): Q3 EPS of $1.05 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.96B (+5.9% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
- Shares +0.96% PM.
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLY, AMED, ARW, AUO, AVX, BAH, BDC, CCJ, CFR, CKSW, CMC, COT, CTCM, DXYN, ETN, EVER, EXC, GHM, GRMN, GT, H, HES, HSY, IACI, ISSI, JLL, LFUS, MHFI, MRGE, MTH, NVMI, OMG, PAG, PB, PSX, PSXP, PX, RES, RL, ROL, RYAM, SEE, SKYW, SO, SODA, SPW, SPWR, STM, TEL, TFX, UAM, UBSI, VLY, WEC, WLP, WM, XRAY
Oct. 28, 2014, 11:32 AM
- Redbook notes the timing of Halloween on a Friday is giving a boost to merchandise sales related to the holiday as more consumers prep for parties and celebrations.
- Both Redbook and ICSC's weekly read on retail store sales showed year-over-year improvement with Halloween sales a factor.
- Stores have also been extending their hours to draw in more shoppers.
- Looking for a Halloween boost: DLTR, DG, FDO, KR, SVU, SWY, WMT, TGT, HSY, KRFT, CVS, RAD, WAG, MDLZ.
Oct. 3, 2014, 4:24 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) declares $0.535/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.28%
- Payable Dec. 15; for shareholders of record Nov. 25; ex-div Nov. 21.
Sep. 25, 2014, 12:47 PM| Sep. 25, 2014, 12:47 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 8:59 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:09 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) announces that CFO David Tacka will retire at the end of the year.
- A search firm has been tasked with finding a replacement.
Aug. 29, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Hershey (HSY -0.5%) initiates a corporate brand makeover which includes a new logo with more of its well-known brands integrated into the design.
- The company says the new branding will help it present itself as a modern innovative company in global marketing campaigns.
Jul. 24, 2014, 6:49 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) CEO John Bilbrey warns that the chocolate maker's first price hike in three years likely will hurt sales volumes for the rest of the year and into 2015, but believes the popularity of chocolate will prevail over the long term.
- "A price increase was necessary to protect our margins," Bilbrey said in today's earnings call.
- HSY announced its average 8% price increase on July 15, saying it was in response to soaring cocoa and dairy prices, and rival Mars said yesterday it was raising prices 7%.
- HSY already is losing market share, and the loss of customers from price increases "will be higher this go-round relative to the price increases of 2011 and 2012," Consumer Edge Research analyst Rob Dickerson says.
Jul. 24, 2014, 10:18 AM
- Hershey’s (HSY -1.9%) Q2 net income increased 5.4% Y/Y to $168.2M from $159.5M in the same quarter a year ago.
- 60% of overall volume growth was derived from new product offerings, with core products contributing the remaining 40%.
- Revenue rose 4.6% to $1.58B from $1.51B Y/Y.
- Due to increased input costs, the company reported a gross margin of 45.5%, 210 basis points lower than the gross margin in Q2 2013.
- Hershey's expects full-year 2014 net sales growth to be around the low end of its long-term 5-7% target due to the impact of price increases and foreign currency exchange rates.
- Q2 earnings
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR