Huntsman Is Really Cheap And Could Move Higher
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Huntsman: Underestimated With 80% Upside Potential
Seeking Early Retirement
Seeking Early Retirement
Why Huntsman Is A Buy For 2013
Jan. 7, 2015, 8:19 AM
- Huntsman (NYSE:HUN) CEO Peter Huntsman says his company "will emphatically be a beneficiary over the long-term" in a sustained environment of lower oil prices, as many of its raw materials are derived from the oil refining process.
- The CEO says HUN's margins should improve as the cost of its raw materials decreases and that lower-priced oil will provide consumers with more discretionary spending, which is important for HUN since about one third of its business is consumer-oriented.
- Huntsman also expects a meaningful working capital release which will help strengthen the balance sheet, and believes the company's business will improve throughout 2015.
- HUN +0.7% premarket.
Dec. 11, 2014, 3:16 PM
- Huntsman (HUN -4.8%) says it is planning to close one of its European titanium dioxide pigment plants amid weak demand for the white colorant used in paints and plastics.
- HUN probably does not need all seven of its European plants that make TiO2, CFO Kimo Esplin says, adding that it would need to spend €100M ($124M) to close 100K tons of annual pigment production.
- HUN last week announced a restructuring program aimed at pigments and additives business, and that is was evaluating TiO2 capacity reduction.
Dec. 5, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.96%
- Payable Dec. 31; for shareholders of record Dec. 15; ex-div Dec. 11.
Dec. 1, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Huntsman (NYSE:HUN) says it will cut 900 jobs in its pigments and additives business as part of a restructuring plan intended to save ~$130M/year by mid-2016.
- HUN says it plans to have an IPO of the pigments and additives division in the future, without providing further details.
- HUN also says it completed the restructuring in its Advanced Materials and Textile Effects divisions, allowing annual savings of ~$150M.
Oct. 27, 2014, 12:58 PM
- Huntsman (HUN -5.6%) is sharply lower after reporting Q3 earnings that beat estimates but revenue fell a bit short of expectations, and adjusted EBITDA fell 5.3% vs. the prior year quarter.
- Revenue in HUN's polyurethanes, textile effects and pigments segments rose Y/Y, while performance products revenue declined and advanced materials revenues were flat.
- The boost in the polyurethane business was partially offset by a drop in sales volumes of propylene oxide and methyl tertiary butyl ether at HUN’s Port Neches facility in Texas, which experienced an unplanned disruption during Q3; the outage cost the company $30M in earnings, and HUN plans to take the plant offline in February for routine maintenance that will cost $60M, including lost revenue.
- HUN expects its $1.1B acquisition of Rockwood Holdings' performance additives and titanium dioxide businesses will add $0.70 to EPS by mid-2016.
Oct. 27, 2014, 6:04 AM
- Huntsman (NYSE:HUN): Q3 EPS of $0.60 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $2.88B (+1.4% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Oct. 26, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 8:02 AM
- Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend, in-line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.73%
- Payable Sept. 30; for shareholders of record Sept. 22; ex-div Sept. 18.
Sep. 10, 2014, 7:54 AM
- Huntsman (NYSE:HUN) gains EU regulatory approval for its proposed $1.1B purchase of Rockwood Holdings' (NYSE:ROC) titanium dioxide pigment business after agreeing to sell an asset.
- The European Commission says HUN will sell its global TR52 business, which is its main titanium dioxide grade used for printing ink applications, to allay competition concerns.
- HUN is upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $32 price target, up from $29, at Citigroup.
Aug. 15, 2014, 12:23 PM
- Huntsman (HUN -1.2%) says an equipment failure caused an unplanned disruption at a production unit at its chemical manufacturing facility in Port Neches, Tex.
- HUN says the affected unit is expected to be offline for 2-3 weeks, with an estimated negative impact of $30M EBITDA for its polyurethanes and performance products divisions.
- Trading has resumed after a brief halt.
Jul. 30, 2014, 7:13 AM
- Huntsman (NYSE:HUN): Q2 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $2.99B (+5.7% Y/Y) beats by $90M.
Jun. 27, 2014, 8:16 AM
- DuPont (DD) -3.1% premarket after cutting its Q2 and FY 2014 earnings outlook, pointing to slower than expected sales growth in its agriculture and performance chemicals units.
- DD said in a conference call that it expects Q2 operating earnings in its agriculture business to fall in the low teens in percentage terms, with corn pricing in North America expected to be slightly lower than its previous estimate and returns of unused corn seeds in Brazil to be higher than anticipated.
- Dow Chemical (DOW) -0.7% premarket; chemical peers FMC, SYT, MON, LYB, CE and HUN also will be on watch today.
May 27, 2014, 4:51 PM
- Huntsman Corporation (HUN) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.89%
- Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 16; ex-div June 12.
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:02 AM
- Huntsman (HUN): Q1 EPS of $0.43 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.75B (+1.9% Y/Y) misses by $70M.
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Apr. 1, 2014, 8:33 AM
- Huntsman (HUN) is the biggest maker of textile dyes but CEO Peter Huntsman says the company will consider selling that business, among other options, unless profitability increases soon.
- The textile effects unit needs to raise its return on net assets to at least 10% in a couple years, from about 2% now, the CEO says; the unit, which earned $16M in 2013 after two years of losses, needs to accelerate returns now that cost cuts are winding down.
- Huntsman says Q1 and Q2 will be "very crucial" for the unit.
Huntsman Corp. is a global manufacturer of differentiated organic and inorganic chemical products. The company operates through the following segments: Polyurethanes, Performance Products, Advanced Materials, Textile Effects, and Pigments and Additives. The Polyurethanes segment manufactures and... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Chemicals - Major Diversified
Country: United States