Tue, Jul. 5, 6:46 PM
- Houston American Energy (NYSEMKT:HUSA) says it cancelled plans to acquire a 12.5% stake in Tamboran Resources after the Australian company failed to meet certain closing conditions.
- HUSA says the reallocation of funds earmarked for the Tamboran investment will enhance its "pursuit of opportunities offering more immediate potential for creation of shareholder value," including a re-evaluation of its halted operations in Colombia in light of the recent peace accord between the government and FARC rebels.
Mon, May 16, 8:15 AM
- Houston American Energy (NYSEMKT:HUSA) says it plans to explore strategic alternatives including seeking acquisition candidates, a merger partner or sale of assets or the entire company.
- HUSA says the move follows notification from the operator of the its Serrania project in Colombia of further delays in securing the required environmental license to commence drilling operations; as a result of local opposition and continued delays in obtaining the license, the operator is evaluating its rights and obligations.
- HUSA says it does not expect to commence drilling operations on Serrania during 2016 as previously planned.
Tue, Mar. 22, 9:10 AM
- Houston American Energy (NYSEMKT:HUSA) says it received notification from NYSE MKT that it is not in compliance with continued listing standards relating to stockholders equity.
- HUSA says it will submit a plan by April 18 describing actions it will take to regain compliance with the continued listing standards by Sept. 18.
- HUSA also says it received an audit opinion for year-end 2015 that included a going concern qualification.
Apr. 23, 2015, 6:09 PM
- Houston American Energy (NYSEMKT:HUSA) CEO John Terwilliger has resigned and is barred from serving as an officer or director of a public company for five years under a settlement reached with the SEC.
- HUSA appoints John Boylan as its new Chairman, CEO and President; Boylan has served as a director and chair of the audit and compensation committees since 2006.
- Last year, the SEC charged HUSA with misleading investors by exaggerating the extent of its oil reserves in Colombia and downplaying the risks.
Aug. 5, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Houston American Energy (NYSEMKT:HUSA) is charged by the SEC with misleading investors by exaggerating the extent of its oil reserves in Colombia and downplaying the risks.
- The SEC alleges the company and CEO John Terwilliger "misled investors by wildly exaggerating the extent and nature of their oil and gas holdings."
- As it played up its Colombian reserves, HUSA raised $13M in a public offering, with its stock price quadrupling to more than $20/share between Nov. 2009 and April 2010.
Oct. 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
- In an update of its drilling plans, Houston American Energy (HUSA +8.4%) says it has agreed to participate in the drilling of test wells on three prospects in Texas and Louisiana, each expected to occur before year-end 2013.
- HUSA had already announced plans to participate in drilling a 10K-ft. test well in Pecos County, Texas.
May 10, 2013, 2:02 PM
Houston American Energy (HUSA +24%) soars after announcing recompletion and initial test results from the Crown Paper #1 well in Louisiana. HUSA holds a 5.675% royalty interest in the well, which will be reduced to a 2.838% royalty interest after it receives $225K in payments.| May 10, 2013, 2:02 PM
Dec. 10, 2012, 4:38 PM
Houston American Energy (HUSA) -51.5% AH after receiving notice from the operator of its CPO 4 Block in Colombia that it intends to plug and abandon the Zorro Gris #1 well; following abandonment, the drilling rig will be released.| Dec. 10, 2012, 4:38 PM | 2 Comments
Nov. 9, 2012, 12:05 AM
Nov. 8, 2012, 5:35 PM
Nov. 8, 2012, 12:10 AM
Oct. 1, 2012, 12:20 PM
Houston American Energy (HUSA -23.3%) resumes trading after a halt, plunging on news of a public offering of more than 14.8M units at a purchase price of $0.675/unit. HUSA plans to use net proceeds from the offering for general working capital purposes.| Oct. 1, 2012, 12:20 PM | 1 Comment
Jul. 19, 2012, 9:10 AM
Houston American Energy (HUSA) +22.8% premarket after saying it is exploring strategic alternatives including selling some of or all of the company's assets and the possible sale of the company.| Jul. 19, 2012, 9:10 AM
Jul. 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
Houston American Energy (HUSA -21.2%) shares plunge after the company says its Cachirre #1 well was unable to produce oil during swab tests and thus will be plugged and abandoned.| Jul. 5, 2012, 11:21 AM | 1 Comment
Jun. 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
Houston American Energy (HUSA -18.1%) shares plummet after the firm's operational update of its Cachirre #1 well. HUSA's development partners elect to cease testing the well and propose to abandon it, so the company will test the well at its "sole risk."| Jun. 28, 2012, 12:27 PM | 1 Comment
Apr. 19, 2012, 3:49 PMA double dose of bad news for Houston American Energy (HUSA -35%), which says the SEC is investigating possible securities violations and has subpoenaed its executives, and says it is halting efforts to test and complete certain formations in the Tamandua #1 sidetrack well in Colombia due to possible formation damage. | Apr. 19, 2012, 3:49 PM