Cheung Kong Holdings: A Classic Conglomerate Valuation Dilemma
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on HUWHY.
Vodafone's Utilization Rises on T-Mobile Buyout TalkData Explorers • Jun. 30, 2009
There are no Transcripts on HUWHY.
There are no News articles on HUWHY.
HUWHY vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Aug 162013, 9:25 AM
Friday, Aug 162013, 9:25 AM| Comment!
- KKR is indeed among the bidders for Li Ka-shing's Hong Kong supermarket chain, ParknShop, reports Reuters, which says there were at least 7 bids.
- Offers also reportedly came from Australia's Woolworths, Japan's Aeon, China Resources Enterprises, and TPG Capital (with partner).
- Li's Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHY.PK, HUWHF.PK) has set an asking price of $3B-$4B with first-round bids due today.
- Previous: KKR's rumored interest.
Wednesday, Aug 72013, 2:35 AM
Wednesday, Aug 72013, 2:35 AM| Comment!
- Wal-Mart (WMT) is reportedly considering participating in an auction for Hong Kong supermarket chain ParknShop, which is valued at up to $4B by owner Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHF.PK).
- The deadline for initial offers is August 16, with KKR (KKR) among those invited to bid; Blackstone (BX) has held talks with banks about financing.
- Wal-Mart, which has over 380 stores in China, could use ParknShop as a platform to expand in the country. The latter operates 345 outlets in Hong Kong, mainland China and Macau, and generated revenue of HK$21.7B ($2.8B) last year.
Tuesday, Apr 92013, 5:24 AMTelecom Italia (TI) shares +3.6% to €0.595 in Milan following a report that Hong Kong's Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHF.PK) could acquire a 29.9% holding in TI for €1.2 a share. In return, TI would be able to buy Hutchison mobile unit 3 Italia. The deal would make Hutchison the largest shareholder in TI, as its stake would exceed the 22.4% held by the Telco consortium, which includes Telefonica (TEF). |Tuesday, Apr 92013, 5:24 AM| 1 Comment
Friday, Feb 32012, 1:16 AM
Tuesday, Jan 172012, 3:46 AMFrance Telecom (FTE) is reportedly close to finalizing a deal to sell its 35% stake in Orange Austria to Hutchison 3G (a subsidiary of Hutchison Whampoa). The deal, which could get signed within weeks or even days, would value Orange Austria at ~€1B ($1.3B). (previously: FTE sells Orange Suisse) |Tuesday, Jan 172012, 3:46 AM| Comment!