Healthways Is Getting Back In Shape
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:59 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:11 PM
- Thinly traded wellness firm Healthways (HWAY +31.9%) heads north on a healthy 20x surge in volume in response to its announcement that it has completed its evaluation of strategic alternatives aimed at boosting shareholder value.
- The company will sell its Total Population Health Services (TPHS) unit to Atlanta, GA-based Sharecare. Under the terms of the agreement, Sharecare will issue to Healthways an equity right that is convertible into up to $30M of Sharecare common stock, subject to conditions. Healthways will pay Sharecare $25M to fund expected negative cash flow for the 12-month period after the deal closes, expected by end of the month.
- Heathways CEO Donato Tramuto will join Sharecare's board in order to provide continuity of customer relationship management. TPHS President Sean Slovenski will join Sharecare as President of its population health business. Healthways CFO Alfred Lumsdaine will also join Sharecare as COO and CFO in ~60 days. A search for a new Healthways CFO is underway.
- Healthways plans to complete the restructuring of its corporate support infrastructure by year end to align with its focus on its Network Solutions business. It expects to end the year with annualized revenues greater than $500M, EBITDA margins greater than 20% and a minimum of upper-single-digit organic growth.
Thu, Jul. 28, 11:00 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:15 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:23 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:20 PM
- Healthways (NASDAQ:HWAY): Q3 EPS of $0.14 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $196.4M (+5.8% Y/Y) beats by $5.78M.
- Shares +3%.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Aug. 20, 2015, 7:41 AM
Jul. 24, 2015, 10:14 AM
- Healthways (HWAY +6.2%) Q2 results: Revenues: $198.1M (+9.7%); COGS: $159.5M (+8.9%); SG&A: $21.2M (+25.4%); Operating Income: $5.2M (+40.5%); Net Income: $0.4M (+180.0%); EPS: $0.01 (+200.0%); Quick Assets: $5.3M (+194.4%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $770M - 785M; GAAP EPS: ($0.13 - 0.05) from $0.23 - 0.35; Adjusted EPS: $0.07 - 0.15 from $0.35 - 0.47; Adjusted CF Ops: $65M - 75M from $80M - 90M; GAAP CF Ops: $51M - 61M from $66M - 76M; CAPEX: $37M - 42M (unch).
Jul. 23, 2015, 4:27 PM
- Healthways (NASDAQ:HWAY): Q2 EPS of $0.11 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.09.
- Revenue of $198.1M (+9.7% Y/Y) beats by $10.36M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, ATHN, BCR, BJRI, BLDR, BYD, CA, CB, CBI, CHE, CLGX, CLS, COF, CPHD, CTCT, CYN, DGII, ETFC, FET, FII, FLEX, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HWAY, IG, JNPR, LOGM, LSTR, MITK, MKTO, MSCC, MXIM, N, NANO, NTGR, P, PEB, PFG, PFPT, PMCS, QLIK, RGA, RHI, RSG, RT, SBUX, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, STAG, SWKS, SYK, T, TRIP, TRN, UIS, V, VRSN, WIRE, WRE
Jun. 19, 2015, 9:13 AM
Jun. 18, 2015, 5:22 PM
- Healthways (NASDAQ:HWAY) has crumpled after hours, -24%, after revising its 2015 guidance down due to slowing business on key projects.
- The company lowers full-year revenue expectations to $770M-$785M from $800M-$825M, vs. consensus of $807.9M. It's seeing impact on EBITDA of about $20M at the new revenue midpoint. Analyst expectations for 2015 EBITDA sit at $86.2M.
- Healthways expects EBITDA margin for the full year in a range from 8%-8.5%.
- It pointed to one significant contract with lower than expected growth, and slower pace of development for its Ornish Reversal Program and its Blue Zones project.
- It'll provide more comprehensive guidance when it reports Q2 results July 23.
May 26, 2015, 1:14 PM
- Quintiles Transnational Holdings (Q +0.2%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- ReWalk Robotics (RWLK +1.6%) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Canaccord Genuity.
- Ilumina (ILMN) upgraded to Overweight from Equal-Weight by Morgan Stanley but price target lowered to $162 (21% downside risk) from $190. Current price: ~$205.
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT +1.6%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $30 (12% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
- Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY -1.4%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a CHF325 (18% upside) price target by UBS.
- Sarepta Therapeutics downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Bank of America; price target raised to $28 (5% upside) from $20.
- Bruker (BRKR -0.9%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $22 (13% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN -0.3%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by JMP Securities; $24 price target removed.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $315 (21% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Healthways (HWAY -1%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Stifel Nicolaus; $25 price target removed.
- AmerisourceBergen (ABC -0.4%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform with a $121 (7% upside) price target by Cowen & Co.
Healthways, Inc. provides specialized, comprehensive solutions to help people improve physical, emotional and social well-being, reducing both direct healthcare costs and associated costs from the loss of employee productivity. The company through its Well-Being Improvement Services segment... More
Industry: Specialized Health Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR