Nov. 10, 2014, 6:38 AM
Oct. 24, 2014, 7:24 AM
Oct. 2, 2014, 7:57 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 10:34 AM
- Hydrogenics (HYGS +7.1%) reported a Q2 net loss of $0.1M, or $(0.01) per share, compared to $4.1M, or $(0.49) per share Y/Y.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 67% to $0.3M vs. $0.9M in the second quarter of last year.
- Cash operating costs decreased 5% Y/Y to $3.6M from $3.8M for the comparable period in 2013.
- Q2 earnings
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:40 AM
May 15, 2014, 5:41 PM
May 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
May 14, 2014, 9:08 AM
May 14, 2014, 8:47 AM| May 14, 2014, 8:47 AM | 4 Comments
May 7, 2014, 9:16 AM
Apr. 14, 2014, 2:19 PM
- Early gains in Ballard Power (BLDP +0.7%) are fading, as Cowen starts coverage of BLDP at Market Perform with a price target of $3.75, slightly below the stock's close at $3.93 last week, as the firm notes some key positives.
- BLDP and Volkswagen have a multi-year contract which might be good for C$60M-C$110M in revenue, and a partnership with Anglo American Platinum targets developing home generators for South Africa.
- Cowen is looking for a FY 2014 loss of $0.07/share and a 2015 loss of $0.01/share, while seeing respective '14 and '15 revenue of $80M and $97.5M.
- After early gains, other alternative energy stocks are mixed: PLUG +1%, FCEL -0.8%, HYGS -3%, ZBB -1.1%.
Apr. 7, 2014, 2:34 PM
- Hydrogenics (HYGS -11.3%) shares plunge in apparent reaction to Friday's report of preliminary Q1 revenue of $7M-$7.5M vs. analyst expectations of $11.7M.
- HYGS reiterated its previously announced FY 2014 outlook that it will exceed $50M in revenue and will surpass breakeven adjusted EBITDA for the year.
- Says it finished 2013 with $57M backlog, with ~$40M to be realized as revenue in 2014.
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 4, 2014, 12:47 PM
Mar. 11, 2014, 11:04 AM
- Roth Capital raises its price target on high-flying Hydrogenics (HYGS -2.7%) to $40 from $14 and keeps its Buy rating following recent Q4 results.
- The firm notes Q4 gross margin was light at 24.6% and profit missed on higher than expected operating expenses; the company affirmed guidance, which calls for a 30% gain in profits in 2014 and achieving profitability in H2 2014.
- Roth expects power-to-gas to serve as a source of long-term revenue growth, while in the short term HYGS is seeing increased customer interest for larger projects; although it is difficult to predict timing, it believes HYGS may secure large-scale orders in 2014.
- Despite today's losses, shares have gained 68% YTD.
Mar. 11, 2014, 9:17 AM
- FuelCell Energy's (FCEL) FQ1 results aren't slowing down the recent buying frenzy in its shares, +16.8% premarket after revenue jumped 22% Y/Y and losses narrowed amid growing demand for multi-megawatt fuel cell parks.
- Inquiries and activity levels globally remain high, FCEL says, and the company is on track to close orders worth multiple megawatts of power capacity.
- Backlog totaled $327M at Jan. 31, 2014 vs. $428M a year ago.
- No FQ2 guidance is provided; consensus estimates for the quarter are an EPS loss of $0.03 on sales of $48.8M.
- Alternative energy stocks continue to rise at a torrid pace: PLUG +9.5%, BLDP +11.7%, HYGS +5.1%, ZBB +18.8%, CPST +13.2%, OPTT +9.9% premarket.
Hydrogenics Corp along with its subsidiaries, designs, develops and manufactures hydrogen generation and fuel cell products based on water electrolysis technology and proton exchange membrane technology.
Other News & PR