Today, 10:46 AM| Comment!
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:55 AM
- Solar stocks are getting hit hard (TAN -5.1%) after OPEC opted against cutting oil production, leading crude prices to plunge below $70/barrel and sparking huge selloffs in energy/commodity stocks. Fuel cell stocks aren't faring much better.
- Solar decliners: FSLR -6.8%. SPWR -6%. SUNE -5.7%. SCTY -2.9%. CSIQ -10.7%. SOL -9.1%. YGE -7.3%. DQ -7.2%. ENPH -6.8%. TSL -6.9%. JASO -7.5%. RGSE -3.9%. JKS -6.9%. CSUN -3.5%. VSLR -3.7%. HSOL -3.8%.
- Fuel cell decliners: BLDP -6.1%. FCEL -4.5%. PLUG -2.3%. HYGS -5.3%.
May. 15, 2014, 5:41 PM
May. 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
May. 14, 2014, 9:08 AM
May. 14, 2014, 8:47 AM| 4 Comments
Apr. 7, 2014, 2:34 PM
- Hydrogenics (HYGS -11.3%) shares plunge in apparent reaction to Friday's report of preliminary Q1 revenue of $7M-$7.5M vs. analyst expectations of $11.7M.
- HYGS reiterated its previously announced FY 2014 outlook that it will exceed $50M in revenue and will surpass breakeven adjusted EBITDA for the year.
- Says it finished 2013 with $57M backlog, with ~$40M to be realized as revenue in 2014.
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 4, 2014, 12:47 PM
Mar. 11, 2014, 11:04 AM
- Roth Capital raises its price target on high-flying Hydrogenics (HYGS -2.7%) to $40 from $14 and keeps its Buy rating following recent Q4 results.
- The firm notes Q4 gross margin was light at 24.6% and profit missed on higher than expected operating expenses; the company affirmed guidance, which calls for a 30% gain in profits in 2014 and achieving profitability in H2 2014.
- Roth expects power-to-gas to serve as a source of long-term revenue growth, while in the short term HYGS is seeing increased customer interest for larger projects; although it is difficult to predict timing, it believes HYGS may secure large-scale orders in 2014.
- Despite today's losses, shares have gained 68% YTD.
Mar. 11, 2014, 9:17 AM
- FuelCell Energy's (FCEL) FQ1 results aren't slowing down the recent buying frenzy in its shares, +16.8% premarket after revenue jumped 22% Y/Y and losses narrowed amid growing demand for multi-megawatt fuel cell parks.
- Inquiries and activity levels globally remain high, FCEL says, and the company is on track to close orders worth multiple megawatts of power capacity.
- Backlog totaled $327M at Jan. 31, 2014 vs. $428M a year ago.
- No FQ2 guidance is provided; consensus estimates for the quarter are an EPS loss of $0.03 on sales of $48.8M.
- Alternative energy stocks continue to rise at a torrid pace: PLUG +9.5%, BLDP +11.7%, HYGS +5.1%, ZBB +18.8%, CPST +13.2%, OPTT +9.9% premarket.
Dec. 18, 2013, 5:49 PM
- Hydrogenics (HYGS) +7.8% AH on news it was selected as a participating partner in a Department of Energy project award to supply hydrogen fuel cell modules to the Center for Transportation and the Environment to be incorporated into fuel cell hybrid electric delivery vehicles.
- The project is part of a $7.2M series of awards to help bring cost-effective, advanced hydrogen and fuel cell technologies online faster for both mobile and stationary applications.
Dec. 16, 2013, 5:42 PM
Dec. 12, 2013, 5:34 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 3:39 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 12:45 PM
HYGS vs. ETF Alternatives
Hydrogenics Corp along with its subsidiaries, designs, develops and manufactures hydrogen generation and fuel cell products based on water electrolysis technology and proton exchange membrane technology.
Other News & PR