Plenty Of Potential At MarineMax, But There's A Better Play
Tue, Nov. 1, 12:40 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 8:52 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) says an aggressive positioning of its inventory and the timing of boat shows impacted FQ4 results.
- "Current trends in the industry remain strong, as evidenced by our increasing sales backlog, the enthusiasm we are experiencing in our showrooms, growing crowds at boat shows, and attendance at our Getaways events," advises CEO William McGill.
- The company expects FY17 EPS of $1.04 to $1.14 vs. $1.28 consensus.
- Previously: MarineMax misses by $0.02, beats on revenue (Nov. 1)
Tue, Nov. 1, 6:46 AM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:30 PM
- ADPT, AEP, AHH, ALLT, AME, AMRC, ANGI, APLP, ARRY, AUDC, AVA, AYR, BKD, BP, CIE, CMI, CNX, COH, CRCM, DHX, DIN, DISCA, DX, ECL, EGL, EIGI, EMR, ETN, EVHC, FCH, FDP, FIS, FSS, GHM, GK, GLT, GWR, HCP, HRS, HSKA, HW, HZO, ICE, IDXX, INCY, IRM, K, KEM, LXRX, LYB, MCRN, MDC, MLM, MOS, MSM, NI, NSP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PES, PFE, PPL, PRTS, RDC, RDS.A, RDWR, RHP, SAH, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SNE, SPR, SUI, TAP, TRI, WCG, WLB, WNR, WNRL, XYL
Tue, Sep. 20, 1:12 PM
- Forward View backs its Buy rating and $25 price target on MarineMax (HZO +1.5%) in a new research note provided to Seeking Alpha. Snippets from the firm's update to investors are posted below.
- "We see this company as an appealing niche investment. It’s a reasonably-priced and high-growth opportunity that isn’t connected to traditional retail trends."
- "Affluent Americans are doing well in the current economic environment, and they’re the target market for MarineMax. Boat-buying is also rather immune to a shift toward e-commerce, thus giving MarineMax a rare retail moat."
- "The biggest key for MarineMax and their strategy for growth is a time-tested marketing plan."
- Forward View FY17 estimates on HZO: revenue $1.084B, operating income $54.2M, EPS $1.22.
Tue, Sep. 20, 11:17 AM
- MarineMax (HZO +2.2%) announced that it promoted Brett McGill to Chief Operating Officer and Chuck Cashman to Chief Revenue Officer.
- Both promotions become effective on October 1.
- McGill has been working as Executive Vice President Operations at MarineMax, while Cashman has served as Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing and Manufacturer Relations.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Jul. 26, 7:04 AM
- Same-store sales jumped 44% for MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) in FQ3 after the company saw strong demand for large boats during the quarter.
- Gross profit was up 38% to $78.902M, although net income was nearly flat from a year ago due to a tax benefit a year ago.
- MarineMax raises full-year EPS guidance after the strong quarter to $0.86 to $0.90, up from a prior outlook of $0.68 to $0.75.
- Previously: MarineMax beats by $0.12, beats on revenue (July 26)
Tue, Jul. 26, 6:47 AM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ACW, AHGP, AKS, ALLY, AOS, ARLP, ASTE, ATI, AUDC, AVY, AXE, AXTA, BAX, BEAV, BP, BPOP, CAT, CHKP, CIGI, CNC, CNHI, CNX, CPLA, CSL, CTG, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DTE, EEFT, EXAS, FBC, FCH, FCX, FELE, FIS, FMER, GPK, HOT, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, JBLU, JNS, KEY, KKR, LLY, LPT, MAS, MBLY, MCD, MDXG, MMM, NCI, NEO, NLSN, NORD, PCAR, PCH, RAI, RDWR, SAH, SIR, SIRI, ST, TGNA, TNC, TOWR, TROW, UA, USG, UTX, VLO, VZ, WAT, WDR, WWW, XRS
Wed, Jun. 15, 1:57 PM
- A dive by MarketWatch into sales growth and share price performance pulls out three names that could be overlooked by investors.
- MarineMax (HZO +1.4%) is the only company on a list of the strongest Q1 same-store sales growth in the retail sector to show a negative YTD return.
- Two auto retailers, Lithia Motors (LAD +2%) and Asbury Automotive (ABG +2.2%), are also in negative territory this year, despite making a separate list of companies with the highest growth of sales per share over the last 12 months.
- YTD returns: HZO -11%, LAD -29%, ABG -19%.
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:48 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO): FQ2 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $199.57M (+15.9% Y/Y) beats by $8.12M.
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Mon, Apr. 18, 7:20 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) announces that it completed the acquisition of Russo Marine.
- The integration of the Russo business gives the company a key presence in the Boston area and other Northeast markets.
- MarineMax will make additional payments to Russo shareholders if certain performance metrics are met.
- Now read MarineMax: Business Strength Can Drive Upside
Mon, Feb. 22, 2:09 PM
- MarineMax (HZO +9.3%) trades higher after the company announces a new stock repurchase plan covering 1.25M shares.
- The company says the buyback plan is aimed at mitigating the dilutive effect of stock options.
- MarineMax has about 25.65M shares outstanding at last count.
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:59 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO): FQ1 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $169.5M (+7.2% Y/Y) beats by $19.5M.
Dec. 3, 2015, 10:06 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) breaks out with a 9.6% gain on a strong volume move.
- Shares are threatening to break over the $20 mark for the first time since last July.
- The company has benefited from a mix shift to higher-margin revenue and is turning inventory on schedule.
- MarineMax investor presentation (.pdf)