Plenty Of Potential At MarineMax, But There's A Better Play
MarineMax Offers Investors A Potential Double
Tue, Jul. 26, 7:04 AM
- Same-store sales jumped 44% for MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) in FQ3 after the company saw strong demand for large boats during the quarter.
- Gross profit was up 38% to $78.902M, although net income was nearly flat from a year ago due to a tax benefit a year ago.
- MarineMax raises full-year EPS guidance after the strong quarter to $0.86 to $0.90, up from a prior outlook of $0.68 to $0.75.
- Previously: MarineMax beats by $0.12, beats on revenue (July 26)
Tue, Jul. 26, 6:47 AM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ACW, AHGP, AKS, ALLY, AOS, ARLP, ASTE, ATI, AUDC, AVY, AXE, AXTA, BAX, BEAV, BP, BPOP, CAT, CHKP, CIGI, CNC, CNHI, CNX, CPLA, CSL, CTG, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DTE, EEFT, EXAS, FBC, FCH, FCX, FELE, FIS, FMER, GPK, HOT, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, JBLU, JNS, KEY, KKR, LLY, LPT, MAS, MBLY, MCD, MDXG, MMM, NCI, NEO, NLSN, NORD, PCAR, PCH, RAI, RDWR, SAH, SIR, SIRI, ST, TGNA, TNC, TOWR, TROW, UA, USG, UTX, VLO, VZ, WAT, WDR, WWW, XRS
Wed, Jun. 15, 1:57 PM
- A dive by MarketWatch into sales growth and share price performance pulls out three names that could be overlooked by investors.
- MarineMax (HZO +1.4%) is the only company on a list of the strongest Q1 same-store sales growth in the retail sector to show a negative YTD return.
- Two auto retailers, Lithia Motors (LAD +2%) and Asbury Automotive (ABG +2.2%), are also in negative territory this year, despite making a separate list of companies with the highest growth of sales per share over the last 12 months.
- YTD returns: HZO -11%, LAD -29%, ABG -19%.
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:48 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Mon, Apr. 18, 7:20 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) announces that it completed the acquisition of Russo Marine.
- The integration of the Russo business gives the company a key presence in the Boston area and other Northeast markets.
- MarineMax will make additional payments to Russo shareholders if certain performance metrics are met.
- Now read MarineMax: Business Strength Can Drive Upside
Mon, Feb. 22, 2:09 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:59 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO): FQ1 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $169.5M (+7.2% Y/Y) beats by $19.5M.
Dec. 3, 2015, 10:06 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) breaks out with a 9.6% gain on a strong volume move.
- Shares are threatening to break over the $20 mark for the first time since last July.
- The company has benefited from a mix shift to higher-margin revenue and is turning inventory on schedule.
- MarineMax investor presentation (.pdf)
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:51 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO): FQ4 EPS of $0.22 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $189.25M (+15.3% Y/Y) beats by $9.77M.
Aug. 18, 2015, 11:32 AM
- MarineMax (HZO +6.2%) trades higher after landing an upgrade from Longbow Research.
- The investment firm lifts MarineMax to Buy from Neutral and lines up a price target of $24.
- MarineMax showed strong growth in Q2 and saw a lift on the bottom line.
- Previously: MarineMax beats by $0.03, misses on revenue (Jul. 22 2015)
- Previously: Double-digit same-store sales growth for MarineMax (Jul. 22 2015)
| Aug. 18, 2015, 11:32 AM
Jul. 23, 2015, 12:44 PM
Jul. 22, 2015, 6:58 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO) reports same-store sales rose 10% in FQ3.
- The company says it grew gross margin for a third quarter in a row despite a higher mix of used boat sales .
- SG&A expenses flat at $41.05M.
- Inventory +9.9% to $257.6M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 6:46 AM
- MarineMax (NYSE:HZO): FQ3 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $231.85M (+8.1% Y/Y) misses by $5.32M.
Apr. 23, 2015, 2:58 PM
- MarineMax (HZO -13.8%) slumps after missing the consensus Q1 EPS estimate by a wide margin.
- Same-store sales soared 27% Y/Y as the company moved to a profit for the quarter.
- The company ended the period with inventory of $277M vs. $260M a year ago.
MarineMax, Inc. is a recreational boat dealer. It engages in the retail sale, brokerage, and service of new and used boats, motors, trailers, marine parts and accessories and offers slip and storage accommodations. The company provides repair, maintenance, slip and storage services. It arranges... More
Industry: Specialty Retail, Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR