Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on I
From other sites
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- A year after Intelsat's busted IPO, the company turns a GAAP profit.
- Significant financial and operating leverage allows for additional revenue to lead to high incremental profit margins.
- Substantial debt restructuring is beginning to bear fruit with cash interest costs down $80 million, allowing management to deliver more free cash flow to shareholders.
- Now that the company is profitable, investor interest may return to Intelsat.
Sun, Nov. 9, 2:12 PM
- Elon Musk (of PayPal/Tesla/SolarCity/SpaceX fame) is working with Greg Wyler (founder of satellite startup/spectrum owner WorldVu) on building and launching cheap, lightweight satellites that would blanket the Earth with Internet access, the WSJ reports.
- Musk and Wyler are said to have "discussed launching around 700 satellites, each weighing less than 250 pounds." The WSJ observes such a constellation would be 10x as large as Iridium's (NASDAQ:IRDM), currently the world's largest, and would likely cost $1B+ to finance.
- Whereas the cheapest telecom satellites currently cost several million dollars, WorldVu is reportedly hoping to build satellites with a sub-$1M manufacturing cost. Sources state Musk/Wyler are thinking of building a manufacturing plant, and that WorldVu is looking for a satellite industry partner to "lend expertise." Musk's SpaceX would launch the hardware.
- In June, the WSJ reported Google is looking to spend as much as $3B+ to build a fleet of satellites providing Web access to unconnected/underserved regions. Since then, Google has bought satellite imagery services firm Skybox Imaging, while stating Skybox's satellites could also be used to "improve Internet access."
- Wyler was working for Google before departing this summer. Sources state he left in part due to concerns about Google's lack of manufacturing expertise.
- Other satellite services firms Musk/Wyler's efforts could have implications for: GSAT, VSAT, LORL, I.
Thu, Oct. 30, 7:46 AM
Wed, Oct. 29, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Fri, Oct. 17, 5:40 PM
Tue, Aug. 5, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AGU, ALDW, ANAD, ANDE, AR, ATML, ATO, AWK, BIOS, BIRT, BKD, BREW, BWC, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLDX, CNVR, CODI, COUP, CPA, CPE, CRL, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CXO, CXW, DCTH, DEPO, DK, DNB, DXCM, DYN, ECOL, EFC, ELON, ENS, ENV, ERII, ESS, ETE, ETP, EVC, EXAR, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FTK, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTY, HI, HIL, IL, INN, INWK, IO, ITMN, IXYS, JACK, KEG, KND, KW, LGP, LHCG, LNT, MBI, MCP, MG, MHLD, MNTX, MRIN, MTDR, MUSA, MWE, NBIX, NLY, NPSP, NRP, NVAX, NVTL, OILT, OSUR, PAA, PACD, PKT, PMT, PPO, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PTLA, QEP, RAIL, REG, RGP, RIG, RJET, RLOC, RNDY, RXN, SAAS, SAPE, SD, SGI, SLF, SN, SSNI, SSRI, SWM, SXL, SYMC, TCAP, TEG, TEP, THOR, THRX, TNGO, TRMR, TROX, TWO, TXTR, UHAL, UIL, WGL, WR, WTI, XNPT, YY, ZU
Mon, Aug. 4, 7:33 AM
Sun, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
Thu, May. 1, 8:40 AM
Wed, Apr. 30, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Fri, Apr. 4, 8:35 AM
Mon, Mar. 3, 9:32 AM
- Autodesk (ADSK -2.7%) has been cut to Sell by Citi. Shares initially rose last week in response to the CAD software giant's FQ4 revenue beat and strong top-line guidance, but later sold off.
- Intuit (INTU +0.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- RF Micro (RFMD +0.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill.
- Infosys (INFY -2%) has been cut to Neutral by Baird.
- Intelsat (I -3.5%) has been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Procera (PKT -1.2%) has been cut to Buy from Strong Buy by Needham in the wake of last Thursday's Q4 miss.
- TDS (TDS +3.8%) and U.S. Cellular (USM +3.3%) have been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan.
Thu, Feb. 20, 7:40 AM
Thu, Feb. 20, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Wed, Feb. 19, 5:30 PM| 3 Comments
Thu, Feb. 6, 9:42 AM
- TriQuint (TQNT +6.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham after beating Q4 estimates and providing soft Q1 guidance that's most likely the result of Apple order cuts (widely expected). Shares are shooting higher after trading lower AH yesterday.
- Level 3 (LVLT +4.5%) has been upgraded to Buy by Canaccord and D.A. Davidson after providing strong guidance in its Q4 report yesterday.
- Veeco (VECO +4.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan.
- Intelsat (I +4.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wells Fargo.
- Peregrine Semi (PSMI -0.7%) has been upgraded to Outperform by RBC a day after selling off in the wake of a Q4 miss.
- TTM Technologies (TTMI -1.8%) has been cut to Neutral by Longbow Research after providing light Q1 guidance to go with a Q4 beat.
Nov. 27, 2013, 1:14 PM| Comment!
I vs. ETF Alternatives
Intelsat SA provides satellite services. The Company offers satellite services to media companies, fixed and wireless telecommunications operators, data networking service providers for enterprise and mobile applications, multinational corporations.
Other News & PR