IBERIABANK: Q4 Earnings Should Ignite Share Price Growth
Iberiabank Paying The Price Of Growth
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Dec. 8, 2015, 1:35 PM
- The selloff in financial names is a broad one, but those seen as especially reliant on energy deals and lending are suffering worst as oil and natural gas make new multi-year lows.
- Among the movers: Comerica (CMA -2.9%), Zions (ZION -3.3%), Prosperity (PB -3.3%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -2.6%), MidSouth Bancorp (MSL -1.4%), BOK Financial (BOKF -3.2%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -3.8%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.1%), Iberiabank (IBKC -3%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC -0.5%), Texas Capital (TCBI -4.6%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -2.6%), Interstate BancSystem (FIBK -1.1%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -3.5%).
- Screening the whole group against the KRE finds only Interstate BancSystem as outperforming over the past month.
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:17 PM
- Dallas-based Comerica (CMA -1.3%) is an outlier to the downside among the regional names as oil tumbles another 3.7% to the lowest level since the summer of 2009.
- Other lenders with sizable Texas-operations and exposure to energy credit: MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +0.9%), BOK Financial (BOKF -0.6%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -0.9%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.7%), ViewPoint Financial (VPFG -0.5%), Iberiabank (IBKC +0.1%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC +0.1%), Texas Capital (TCBI -1.3%), Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.8%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -0.7%), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +0.4%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -0.8%)
Sep. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
- The team doubles down on Outperform ratings on Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION) and Synovus Financial (NYSE:SNV), upgrading both to Strong Buy. ZION is up 1.3% premarket.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBI) gets a two-notch upgrade - from Market Perform to Strong Buy - and First Horizon National (NYSE:FHN) is boosted to Outperform from Market Perform.
- The team partially cashes in its chips on United Community Bank, downgrading to Outperform from Strong Buy. Iberiabank (NASDAQ:IBKC) is cut to Market Perform from Outperform.
- Cut to Underperform from Market Perform is First Financial Bankshares (NASDAQ:FFIN).
Aug. 3, 2011, 1:31 PM
Iberiabank (IBKC +2.5%) gets a lift after its board authorized a 900K share repurchase late yesterday, equaling 3% of Iberiabank's total shares outstanding.| Aug. 3, 2011, 1:31 PM
IBERIABANK Corp. operates as a financial holding company for Iberiabank, which offers broad array of commercial, consumer, mortgage, and private banking products and services, cash management, deposit and annuity products and investment brokerage services. The company's non-banking subsidiaries... More
Industry: Regional - Southeast Banks
Country: United States
Other News & PR