Thu, Jan. 28, 9:40 AM
- Nice post-earnings bounces continue for Comerica (CMA +3.3%) and Prosperity Bancshares (PB +4.5%) as oil soars above $34 per barrel on chatter of production cuts.
- Also at work, BMO Capital pulls its Underperform rating on Comerica, and Evercore pulls its Sell rating on Prosperity. Alongside that is DA Davidson upgrading Prosperity to Buy from Neutral.
- Previously: Comerica beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Jan. 19)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares launches buyback (Jan. 27)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 27)
- Other energy-exposed lenders: Cullen/Front (CFR +3.9%), Texas Capital (TCBI +2.5%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX +11.6%), Zions Bancorp (ZION +2.8%)
Dec. 8, 2015, 1:35 PM
- The selloff in financial names is a broad one, but those seen as especially reliant on energy deals and lending are suffering worst as oil and natural gas make new multi-year lows.
- Among the movers: Comerica (CMA -2.9%), Zions (ZION -3.3%), Prosperity (PB -3.3%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -2.6%), MidSouth Bancorp (MSL -1.4%), BOK Financial (BOKF -3.2%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -3.8%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.1%), Iberiabank (IBKC -3%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC -0.5%), Texas Capital (TCBI -4.6%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -2.6%), Interstate BancSystem (FIBK -1.1%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -3.5%).
- Screening the whole group against the KRE finds only Interstate BancSystem as outperforming over the past month.
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:17 PM
- Dallas-based Comerica (CMA -1.3%) is an outlier to the downside among the regional names as oil tumbles another 3.7% to the lowest level since the summer of 2009.
- Other lenders with sizable Texas-operations and exposure to energy credit: MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +0.9%), BOK Financial (BOKF -0.6%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -0.9%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.7%), ViewPoint Financial (VPFG -0.5%), Iberiabank (IBKC +0.1%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC +0.1%), Texas Capital (TCBI -1.3%), Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.8%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -0.7%), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +0.4%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -0.8%)
Independent Bank Group operates as a bank holding company. The company through its subsidiary, Independent Bank provides a wide range of relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of businesses, professionals and individuals. Its services include... More
Industry: Regional - Mid-Atlantic Banks
Country: United States
Other News & PR