Jun. 9, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 9, 2014, 9:13 AM
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Mar. 10, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Shares of Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX) are up almost 17% premarket on no significant news.
- Consensus revenue estimates for 2014 and 2015 are $1.5M and $7.7M, respectively.
- 175 mutual funds have positions, down from 198 a year earlier.
- Three analysts rate the company at least Buy, eight rate it Hold, two rate it Underperform and one rates it Sell.
Feb. 14, 2014, 10:19 AM
- In its Q4 13F, activist investor Sarissa Capital discloses it has a 5.05M-share (3.3%) stake in Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX +1.8%). Shares initially jumped on the disclosure, but have quickly given back some of their gains.
- Last year, Sarissa took part in a successful proxy battle against Vivus. The firm now has Ariad Pharmaceuticals in its sights.
Feb. 4, 2014, 5:39 PM
Feb. 4, 2014, 5:10 PM
Jan. 27, 2014, 1:30 PM
Jan. 6, 2014, 2:09 PM
- McKesson (MCK -0.1%) upgraded to Strong Buy from Outperform at Raymond James.
- DaVita (DVA +0.4%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James.
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX -0.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS.
- Abbott Labs (ABT +1.5%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Morgan Stanley.
- Medtronic (MDT +2%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan. Price target is $69.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX +2.5%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS.
- Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX +2.7%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO.
- Boston Scientific (BSX +3.2%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Morgan Stanley.
- Exelixis (EXEL +4.6%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ +3.8%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Morgan Stanley.
Dec. 24, 2013, 11:15 AM
Dec. 17, 2013, 12:45 PM
Nov. 1, 2013, 12:55 PM
- Deutsche's Alethia Young thinks the rally in shares of Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX +41%) may be attributable to the upcoming AASLD meeting which begins this weekend.
- Here's Young: "IDIX has noted that they are not interested in an exclusive arrangement with JNJ or anyone else [but] we would assume that any HCV developer would be interested in a nuke."
- IDIX's HELIX-1 trial is evaluating the company's NS5A inhibitor, samatasvirin in combination with JNJ's simeprevir.
- Deutsche has the shares at Hold.
Nov. 1, 2013, 12:47 PM
Nov. 1, 2013, 11:35 AM
- Shares of Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX +32.8%) are on-the-move this morning, trading sharply higher on heavy volume.
- Although there are no readily apparent catalysts for the move, the company did give an HCV pipeline update Wednesday along with its Q3 report.
- Summary: Enrollment initiated for IDX21437 Phase 1/2, enrollment complete in HELIX-1 (that's the samatasvir/ simeprevir/ ribavirin GT1b and GT4 trial) with SVR4 data expected in Q4.
- Also of note, IDIX said its cash "will be sufficient to sustain its operations through December 2014." (PR)
Oct. 16, 2013, 10:17 AM
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW +1.9%) raised to Buy from Neutral at Citi.
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX +2.7%) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Credit Suisse.
- Achillion (ACHN +0.7%) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Geron (GERN +20.5%) initiated at Buy at MLV. Price target is $6.50.
Oct. 8, 2013, 3:04 PM
- Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ -0.7%) purchase of GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK -1%) hepatitis C treatment sends Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX -15.8%) tumbling. JNJ bought the rights to a compound in a class of drugs called non-structural 5A protein inhibitors, suggesting it's close to ending its partnership with Identix based on its hep C therapies, including the NS5A drug samatasvir, says Wells' Brian Abrahams.
- "Hep C battle lines (are) being drawn,” says Abrahams. Idenix’s drug “will need a new partner.”
Other News & PR