Fri, Oct. 14, 6:49 AM
- Merck (NYSE:MRK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Bank of America. Price target raised to $70 (12% upside) from $57.
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA) upgraded to Overweight from Sector Weight by KeyBanc.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MNTA) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Barclays. Price target raised to $19 (54% upside) from $13.
- TESARO (NASDAQ:TSRO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $123 (6% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) downgraded to Hold from Buy with a $36 (10% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral by Baird. Price target raised to $24 (25% downside risk) from $19.
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Janney Montgomery Scott. Price target lowered to $125 (9% downside risk) from $155. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $140 (2% upside) from $190.
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN) downgraded to Sell from Neutral with a $16 (14% downside risk) price target by Ladenburg Thalmann.
Tue, Oct. 11, 12:45 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 11:00 AM
Tue, Oct. 11, 9:18 AM
Tue, Oct. 11, 7:17 AM
Mon, Oct. 10, 5:39 PM
Mon, Oct. 10, 4:23 PM
- On a preliminary basis, Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) expects Q3 revenue of ~$607M, up 10% yoy but below guidance of $625M - 630M. The company says the shortfall is due to a larger-than-anticipated decline in high throughput sequencing instrument sales. It now expects Q4 revenue to be flat to slightly up sequentially.
- Management will host a conference call at 4:30 ET to discuss the numbers.
- Update: Shares are down 27% premarket on Tuesday, October 11.
Thu, Aug. 18, 9:58 AM
- Illumina (ILMN +0.7%) has reportedly received a $30B offer from Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO -0.9%).
- Illumina, sporting a $25B market cap, is a global leader in molecular diagnostic systems. In Q2 it earned $0.82 a share on revenues of $600M.
- Large cap ($61B) Thermo is a global leader in clinical diagnostics that generates ~$17B a year in sales.
Wed, Aug. 10, 6:59 AM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) and privately held FlowJo, LLC ink a partnership to develop and co-promote analysis software for single cell next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. The application, to be developed by FlowJo, will provide additional secondary and tertiary analysis and visualization of datasets related to single cell phenotyping.
- The software, expected to be available in Q1 2017, will complement the end-to-end commercial solution for high throughput sequencing of single cells that Illumina is co-developing with Bio-Rad (NYSE:BIO).
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:36 AM
- Illumina (ILMN -1.4%) Q2 results ($M): Revenues: 509.9 (+10.2%).
- Net Income: 120.4 (+17.8%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 127.2 (+6.3%); EPS: 0.82 (+18.8%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.86 (+7.5%); CF Ops: 217.0 (+26.6%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue Growth: ~12% (unch); EPS: $3.13 - 3.23; Non-GAAP EPS: $3.48 - 3.58 from $3.35 - 3.45.
- Q3 Guidance: Revenues: $625M - 630M.
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:06 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Jul. 12, 3:37 PM
- Illumina (ILMN +6.7%) and Exact Sciences (EXAS +7.1%) head north on rumored interest by Illumina for a takeover. The supposed reason is to acquire tissue mapping expertise/technology as a component of liquid biopsy testing. Exact is collaborating with MAYO Foundation for Medical Education and Research on future DNA tests, including lung (from lung nodules), pancreatic and esophageal cancers. Its only commercially offering is Cologuard, a DNA screening test for colorectal cancer.
- At least on paper, Sequenom (SQNM +2.1%) appears to be at least as good a target, considering its pooled patent deal with Ilumina and Sequenom's stated desire for strategic partner to develop and commercialize its oncology liquid biopsy test.
- Exact's market cap is $1.3B while Sequenom's is a mere $112M. As of April 3, Ilumina had $1.34B in quick assets so it will have to issue stock or debt if it wants Exact.
Fri, Jul. 8, 12:25 PM
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH) initiated with Buy rating and $10 (180% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE) initiated with Overweight rating and $70 (31% upside) price target by Piper Jaffray.
- Eiger Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:EIGR) initiated with Outperform rating and $34 (85% upside) price target by Oppenheimer.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ICPT) initiated with Sell rating and $58 (61% downside risk) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Juno Therapeutics (NASDAQ:JUNO) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $48 (73% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Kite Pharma (NASDAQ:KITE) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $58 (21% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Endologix (NASDAQ:ELGX) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by BMO Capital. Price target raised to $16 (14% upside) from $11.50.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACHN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $13 (42% upside) price target by JMP Securities.
- Humana (NYSE:HUM) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $150 (8% downside risk) from $196.
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $110 (22% downside risk) from $130.
- T2 Biosystems (NASDAQ:TTOO) downgraded to Sell from Buy by BTIG Research. Price target lowered to $4 (26% downside risk) from $12.
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $39 (40% upside) from $63.
- Depomed (NASDAQ:DEPO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with $20 (6% upside) price target by UBS.
- Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ESPR) downgraded to Hold from Buy by WallachBeth.
Thu, Jul. 7, 9:27 AM| Thu, Jul. 7, 9:27 AM | 1 Comment
Tue, Jul. 5, 8:48 AM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) is off 4% premarket on light volume. The only news is a downgrade by Morgan Stanley to Underweight with a price target of $110 (22% downside risk).