Thu, Aug. 18, 9:58 AM
- Illumina (ILMN +0.7%) has reportedly received a $30B offer from Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO -0.9%).
- Illumina, sporting a $25B market cap, is a global leader in molecular diagnostic systems. In Q2 it earned $0.82 a share on revenues of $600M.
- Large cap ($61B) Thermo is a global leader in clinical diagnostics that generates ~$17B a year in sales.
Wed, Aug. 10, 6:59 AM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) and privately held FlowJo, LLC ink a partnership to develop and co-promote analysis software for single cell next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. The application, to be developed by FlowJo, will provide additional secondary and tertiary analysis and visualization of datasets related to single cell phenotyping.
- The software, expected to be available in Q1 2017, will complement the end-to-end commercial solution for high throughput sequencing of single cells that Illumina is co-developing with Bio-Rad (NYSE:BIO).
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:36 AM
- Illumina (ILMN -1.4%) Q2 results ($M): Revenues: 509.9 (+10.2%).
- Net Income: 120.4 (+17.8%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 127.2 (+6.3%); EPS: 0.82 (+18.8%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.86 (+7.5%); CF Ops: 217.0 (+26.6%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue Growth: ~12% (unch); EPS: $3.13 - 3.23; Non-GAAP EPS: $3.48 - 3.58 from $3.35 - 3.45.
- Q3 Guidance: Revenues: $625M - 630M.
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:06 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Jul. 12, 3:37 PM
- Illumina (ILMN +6.7%) and Exact Sciences (EXAS +7.1%) head north on rumored interest by Illumina for a takeover. The supposed reason is to acquire tissue mapping expertise/technology as a component of liquid biopsy testing. Exact is collaborating with MAYO Foundation for Medical Education and Research on future DNA tests, including lung (from lung nodules), pancreatic and esophageal cancers. Its only commercially offering is Cologuard, a DNA screening test for colorectal cancer.
- At least on paper, Sequenom (SQNM +2.1%) appears to be at least as good a target, considering its pooled patent deal with Ilumina and Sequenom's stated desire for strategic partner to develop and commercialize its oncology liquid biopsy test.
- Exact's market cap is $1.3B while Sequenom's is a mere $112M. As of April 3, Ilumina had $1.34B in quick assets so it will have to issue stock or debt if it wants Exact.
Fri, Jul. 8, 12:25 PM
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH) initiated with Buy rating and $10 (180% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE) initiated with Overweight rating and $70 (31% upside) price target by Piper Jaffray.
- Eiger Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:EIGR) initiated with Outperform rating and $34 (85% upside) price target by Oppenheimer.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ICPT) initiated with Sell rating and $58 (61% downside risk) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Juno Therapeutics (NASDAQ:JUNO) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $48 (73% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Kite Pharma (NASDAQ:KITE) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $58 (21% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Endologix (NASDAQ:ELGX) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by BMO Capital. Price target raised to $16 (14% upside) from $11.50.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACHN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $13 (42% upside) price target by JMP Securities.
- Humana (NYSE:HUM) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $150 (8% downside risk) from $196.
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $110 (22% downside risk) from $130.
- T2 Biosystems (NASDAQ:TTOO) downgraded to Sell from Buy by BTIG Research. Price target lowered to $4 (26% downside risk) from $12.
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $39 (40% upside) from $63.
- Depomed (NASDAQ:DEPO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with $20 (6% upside) price target by UBS.
- Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ESPR) downgraded to Hold from Buy by WallachBeth.
Thu, Jul. 7, 9:27 AM| Thu, Jul. 7, 9:27 AM | 1 Comment
Tue, Jul. 5, 8:48 AM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) is off 4% premarket on light volume. The only news is a downgrade by Morgan Stanley to Underweight with a price target of $110 (22% downside risk).
Tue, May 3, 4:23 PM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) Q1 results ($M): Total Revenues: 571.8 (+6.2%); Product Revenue: 482.8 (+5.2%); Service & Other: 89.0 (+10.8%). Consensus: $596.3M.
- Operating Expenses: 275.6 (+38.6%); Net Income: 89.6 (-34.5%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 105.5 (-22.1%); EPS: 0.60 (-34.8%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.71 (-22.0%); CF Ops: 39.7 (-40.6%). Consensus Non-GAAP EPS: $0.74.
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue growth: ~12%; Non-GAAP EPS: $3.35 - 3.45.
- Q2 Guidance: Revenue: $590M - 595M; Non-GAAP EPS: $0.72 - 0.74.
- Q2 Consensus: EPS of $0.84 on revenues of $612.6M.
- Shares are down 4% after hours on increased volume.
Tue, May 3, 4:10 PM
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Fri, Apr. 22, 7:17 AM
- Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT) initiated with Neutral rating and $19 (73% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Alder BioPharma (NASDAQ:ALDR) initiated with Buy rating and $45 (61% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PCRX) initiated with Buy rating and $79 (27% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- McKesson initiated with Market Perform rating and $203 (14% upside) price target by Avondale Partners.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) reinstated coverage with Neutral rating and $35 (6% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Allergan (NYSE:AGN) reinstated with Buy rating and $275 (21% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by Piper Jaffray. Price target lowered to $238 (5% upside) from $311.
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) upgraded to 5.0 stars from 3.0 stars the Vetr community. Downgraded to Neutral by Bank of America with lowered price target of $180 (24% upside). Downgraded Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald and price target lowered to $165 (14% upside) from $225. Mizuho maintains Neutral rating and $150 (3% upside) price target.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCMP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Mizuho Securities. Price target maintained at $14 (19% upside).
- Medivation (NASDAQ:MDVN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Canaccord Genuity. Price target raised to $70 (31% upside) from $45.
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:54 PM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) and subsidiary Verinata Health, file an infringement suit against Geneva, Switzerland-based Genoma SA over three European patents covering the use of cell-free fetal DNA for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT). The action accuses Genoma's Tranquility NIPT testing service of using next-generation sequencing to analyze cell-free DNA in maternal blood samples. Genoma's service also uses the IONA Test sold by UK-based Premaitha Health plc, who Illumina also sued to prevent it from marketing it in the U.S.
Tue, Apr. 19, 12:49 PM
Tue, Apr. 19, 10:02 AM
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch downgrades Illumina (ILMN -21.5%) to Neutral from Buy and lowers its price target to $180 (31% upside) from $210. BofA still likes the company's long-term outlook, but yields to short-term headwinds considering the company has missed views three of the last four quarters.
- Market penetration of new NGS (Next Gen Sequencing) platforms is going slower than anticipated while reimbursement and regulatory issues have added uncertainty to the NGS space.
- Per TipRanks.com, four analysts rate ILMN a Buy and six a Hold. Price targets range from $137 to $215. Merrill Lynch analyst Derik De Bruin has a 55% success rate and 2.3% average return per recommendation.
- Read now Interview - Data Key As Illumina Touts Sequencing For All
Illumina, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. The company provides sequencing and array-based solutions for genetic analysis in addition to selling products, it provide genotyping, NIPT and whole-genome sequencing... More
Country: United States