Tue, Jan. 20, 5:38 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 12:52 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 9:14 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:38 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 4:13 PM
Apr. 23, 2014, 9:17 AM
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:40 PM
Feb. 24, 2014, 12:13 PM
- Concho Resources (CXO +4.6%) continues to push higher after a positive mention by Ron Baron on CNBC before the open as the company he likes best to exploit the U.S. shale boom.
- CXO has been aggregating drilling lands, he says, "and once they have this acreage, they're going to be able to be acquisition candidates by the really big oil companies who don't want to do the legwork."
- Citing rising U.S. spending on health care, Baron likes Illumina (ILMN +3.6%), which he says is taking advantage of the falling costs of sequencing the genome.
Jan. 17, 2014, 10:40 AM
- Illumina (ILMN +8%) rises to new 52-week highs after unveiling a strategic roadmap for market expansion after the bell yesterday, capping a week filled with positive announcements.
- ILMN is enjoying some analyst love: J.P. Morgan adds the stock to its Focus List and raises its target price to $190 from $120 with little to derail momentum and estimates that remain conservative, and BAML ups its target to $165 from $125.
- The sell-side excitement is "the type of stuff that could make for a nice multi-day or multi-week hold," Notable Calls remarks.
Jan. 17, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jan. 16, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Illumina (ILMN) +4.8% premarket after reaching an agreement with Amgen (AMGN) to develop an oncology companion diagnostic test.
- The companies will develop and commercialize a multigene, NGS-based test as a companion diagnostic for Vectibix (panitumumab) in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer approved in the U.S. and EU.
- The test will be developed for use with ILMN's MiSeqDx instrument, which has received premarket clearance from the FDA and CE-marked for the European Union.
Jan. 14, 2014, 11:57 AM
- Shares of Illumina (ILMN +0.5%) are trading higher on the day.
- The company is out with preliminary financial results for Q4: Revenue is seen at $387M versus consensus of $369.5M.
- As for non-GAAP earnings, the company says it expects results to come in "slightly above the top end of the guidance range provided in Q3."
- FY14 outlook: Non-GAAP EPS of $2-2.06 (versus consensus of $2.05) on top-line growth of ~15-17%.
Dec. 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
- Susquehanna starts Acadia Healthcare (ACHC +1.3%) at Positive. Price target is $56.
- Jefferies starts Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX +1.9%) at Buy. Price target is $36.
- KeyBanc initiates DaVita (DVA +1.5%) at Buy. Price target is $73.
- JMP starts Illumina (ILMN +1.1%) at Market Outperform. Price target is $125.
- KeyBanc starts IPC (IPCM -0.6%) at Hold.
- KeyBanc starts Envision Healthcare (EVHC +1.6%) at Buy. Price target is $40.
- JMP starts Quest Diagnostics (DGX -0.9%) at Market Perform.
- KeyBanc starts Team Health (TMH -0.8%) at Hold.
- JMP starts Lab Corp (LH -0.3%) at Market Perform.
- Goldman upgrades HCA Holdings (HCA +1.6%) to Conviction Buy.
- MKM downgrades Targacept (TRGT -3.1%) to Neutral from Buy.
Oct. 28, 2013, 10:37 AM
- Illumina (ILMN -0.7%) is set to acquire NextBio, which has the capability to "aggregate and analyze large quantities of phenotypic and genomic data for research and clinical applications."
- ILMN says the deal will allow it to "offer customers enterprise level bioinformatics solutions that accelerate the discovery of new associations between the human genome and disease, and ultimately, enable the application of those discoveries within healthcare." (PR)
- ILMN also affirms its 2013 guidance for good measure.
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:47 PM
Oct. 21, 2013, 4:23 PM
- Shares of Illumina (ILMN) are up 6.3% AH following the company's top and bottom line beat.
- Gross margin (ex-items) comes in at 70.2%, roughly in line with Q3 2012.
- R&D expense: $71M versus $54.1M in the same period a year ago.
- "These results highlight another quarter of solid operational execution and record financial performance," CEO Jay Flatley says.
- FY13 outlook: $1.75-1.77/share versus previous guidance of $1.68-1.72/share and against consensus of $1.72/share.
ILMN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR