Fri, Jul. 8, 12:25 PM
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH) initiated with Buy rating and $10 (180% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE) initiated with Overweight rating and $70 (31% upside) price target by Piper Jaffray.
- Eiger Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:EIGR) initiated with Outperform rating and $34 (85% upside) price target by Oppenheimer.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ICPT) initiated with Sell rating and $58 (61% downside risk) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Juno Therapeutics (NASDAQ:JUNO) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $48 (73% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Kite Pharma (NASDAQ:KITE) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $58 (21% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Endologix (NASDAQ:ELGX) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by BMO Capital. Price target raised to $16 (14% upside) from $11.50.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACHN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $13 (42% upside) price target by JMP Securities.
- Humana (NYSE:HUM) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $150 (8% downside risk) from $196.
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $110 (22% downside risk) from $130.
- T2 Biosystems (NASDAQ:TTOO) downgraded to Sell from Buy by BTIG Research. Price target lowered to $4 (26% downside risk) from $12.
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan. Price target lowered to $39 (40% upside) from $63.
- Depomed (NASDAQ:DEPO) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with $20 (6% upside) price target by UBS.
- Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ESPR) downgraded to Hold from Buy by WallachBeth.
Thu, Jul. 7, 9:27 AM| Thu, Jul. 7, 9:27 AM | 1 Comment
Tue, Jul. 5, 8:48 AM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) is off 4% premarket on light volume. The only news is a downgrade by Morgan Stanley to Underweight with a price target of $110 (22% downside risk).
Tue, May 3, 4:23 PM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) Q1 results ($M): Total Revenues: 571.8 (+6.2%); Product Revenue: 482.8 (+5.2%); Service & Other: 89.0 (+10.8%). Consensus: $596.3M.
- Operating Expenses: 275.6 (+38.6%); Net Income: 89.6 (-34.5%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 105.5 (-22.1%); EPS: 0.60 (-34.8%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.71 (-22.0%); CF Ops: 39.7 (-40.6%). Consensus Non-GAAP EPS: $0.74.
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue growth: ~12%; Non-GAAP EPS: $3.35 - 3.45.
- Q2 Guidance: Revenue: $590M - 595M; Non-GAAP EPS: $0.72 - 0.74.
- Q2 Consensus: EPS of $0.84 on revenues of $612.6M.
- Shares are down 4% after hours on increased volume.
Tue, May 3, 4:10 PM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN): Q1 EPS of $0.71 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $572M (+6.2% Y/Y) misses by $24.33M.
- Shares -4.8%.
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Fri, Apr. 22, 7:17 AM
- Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT) initiated with Neutral rating and $19 (73% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Alder BioPharma (NASDAQ:ALDR) initiated with Buy rating and $45 (61% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PCRX) initiated with Buy rating and $79 (27% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- McKesson initiated with Market Perform rating and $203 (14% upside) price target by Avondale Partners.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) reinstated coverage with Neutral rating and $35 (6% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Allergan (NYSE:AGN) reinstated with Buy rating and $275 (21% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by Piper Jaffray. Price target lowered to $238 (5% upside) from $311.
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) upgraded to 5.0 stars from 3.0 stars the Vetr community. Downgraded to Neutral by Bank of America with lowered price target of $180 (24% upside). Downgraded Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald and price target lowered to $165 (14% upside) from $225. Mizuho maintains Neutral rating and $150 (3% upside) price target.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCMP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Mizuho Securities. Price target maintained at $14 (19% upside).
- Medivation (NASDAQ:MDVN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Canaccord Genuity. Price target raised to $70 (31% upside) from $45.
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:54 PM
- Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) and subsidiary Verinata Health, file an infringement suit against Geneva, Switzerland-based Genoma SA over three European patents covering the use of cell-free fetal DNA for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT). The action accuses Genoma's Tranquility NIPT testing service of using next-generation sequencing to analyze cell-free DNA in maternal blood samples. Genoma's service also uses the IONA Test sold by UK-based Premaitha Health plc, who Illumina also sued to prevent it from marketing it in the U.S.
Tue, Apr. 19, 12:49 PM
Tue, Apr. 19, 10:02 AM
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch downgrades Illumina (ILMN -21.5%) to Neutral from Buy and lowers its price target to $180 (31% upside) from $210. BofA still likes the company's long-term outlook, but yields to short-term headwinds considering the company has missed views three of the last four quarters.
- Market penetration of new NGS (Next Gen Sequencing) platforms is going slower than anticipated while reimbursement and regulatory issues have added uncertainty to the NGS space.
- Per TipRanks.com, four analysts rate ILMN a Buy and six a Hold. Price targets range from $137 to $215. Merrill Lynch analyst Derik De Bruin has a 55% success rate and 2.3% average return per recommendation.
- Read now Interview - Data Key As Illumina Touts Sequencing For All
Tue, Apr. 19, 9:17 AM
Mon, Apr. 18, 5:40 PM
Mon, Apr. 18, 4:13 PM
- On a preliminary basis, Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) expects Q1 revenues of $572M, up 6% yoy. Management plans for a 12% bump in the top line for the year. Final Q1 results will be released on May 3.
- The company will host a conference call today at 4:30 pm ET to discuss its preliminary Q1 results.
- The consensus revenue for Q1 is ~$596M so it is a 4% miss. Shares are down 19% after hours on robust volume.
Mon, Apr. 4, 12:32 PM
- Thinly traded micro cap OncoCyte (OCX +39.8%) is up on almost a 5x surge in volume, albeit on turnover of less than 100K shares, in response to its announcement of a successful 620-subject research study on its lung cancer diagnostic test that validates the transition of the assay platform from Illumina (ILMN +1.3%) microarrays to a Nanostring (NSTG -2.3%) nCounter instrument, the platform OncoCyte intends to use for commercialization. The study, which replicates an earlier one, was conducted by biomedical research organization The Wistar Institute.
- The company will now independently validate the results with its own follow-up study. If successful, it will execute the necessary analytic work to support the test's commercialization. If all goes well, commercial launch could happen in H1 2017. When launched, it will be the first commercially available, non-invasive diagnostic for the early detection of lung cancer.
- The value proposition of liquid biopsy, performed on a peripheral blood sample, is lower cost, greater convenience and much more patient-friendly that traditional tissue biopsy.
- Related tickers: (TROV +2.1%)(TBIO +5%)(SQNM)(CDNA -1.2%)(ILMN +1.3%)(FMI +3%)(BIOC -0.8%)
Fri, Apr. 1, 10:43 AM
- Adamas Pharmaceuticals (ADMS +7.5%) initiated with Market Outperform rating and $29 (86% upside) price target by JMP Securities.
- Amsurg (AMSG +0.2%) initiated with Buy rating and $84 (12% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- Syndax Pharmaceuticals (SNDX -0.2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $24 (92% upside) price target by Oppenheimer.
- Ardelyx (ARDX) initiated with Buy rating and $21 (167% upside) price target by Ladenburg Thalmann.
- Illumina (ILMN +2.1%) initiated with a Buy rating and $175 (5% upside) price target by Argus Research.
- Seres Therapeutics (MCRB -1.3%) initiated with Outperform rating and $40 (56% upside) price target by FBR Capital.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT -0.2%) initiated with Neutral rating and $114 (12% downside risk) price target by Goldman Sachs. Initiated with Outperform rating and $200 (54% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
- Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO +2.4%) initiated with Buy rating and $57 (36% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- SAGE Therapeutics (SAGE +0.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $63 (95% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR +1.2%) initiated with Sell rating and $23 (14% downside risk) price target by Goldman Sachs.
Tue, Mar. 22, 8:46 AM
- Sequenom (NASDAQ:SQNM) has petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to review lower court decisions. that the claims of its U.S. Patent No. 6,258,540 ('540 patent) are not patent eligible. In October, 2013, a U.S. District Court ruled that the patent, covering the detection of cell-free DNA in the blood of pregnant women, was invalid because a phenomenon of nature is unpatentable. The ruling was upheld on appeal.
- CEO Dirk van den Boom, Ph.D., says, "We continue to believe that the groundbreaking techniques embodied in the '540 patent are eligible for patent protection. More broadly, we believe our case provides a compelling opportunity for the Supreme Court to clarify patent eligibility criteria to protect the significant investments made by Sequenom and other life sciences organizations that have undoubtedly advanced the standard of patient care and treatment, as well as encouraging future such investments."
- The company says the lower court decision will not have a material impact on its ongoing business since it has been operating under the District Court's invalidity ruling since October 2013 and it has a pooling arrangement of NIPT (noninvasive prenatal testing) intellectual property with Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN).
- Previously: Ilumina and Sequenom settle patent infringement claims (Dec. 3, 2014)
- Update: On June 27, the company announced that the U.S. Supreme Court denied its petition to review the lower court's decision.