Helix Investment Research
Jan. 16, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Illumina (ILMN) +4.8% premarket after reaching an agreement with Amgen (AMGN) to develop an oncology companion diagnostic test.
- The companies will develop and commercialize a multigene, NGS-based test as a companion diagnostic for Vectibix (panitumumab) in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer approved in the U.S. and EU.
- The test will be developed for use with ILMN's MiSeqDx instrument, which has received premarket clearance from the FDA and CE-marked for the European Union.
Jan. 14, 2014, 11:57 AM
- Shares of Illumina (ILMN +0.5%) are trading higher on the day.
- The company is out with preliminary financial results for Q4: Revenue is seen at $387M versus consensus of $369.5M.
- As for non-GAAP earnings, the company says it expects results to come in "slightly above the top end of the guidance range provided in Q3."
- FY14 outlook: Non-GAAP EPS of $2-2.06 (versus consensus of $2.05) on top-line growth of ~15-17%.
Dec. 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
- Susquehanna starts Acadia Healthcare (ACHC +1.3%) at Positive. Price target is $56.
- Jefferies starts Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX +1.9%) at Buy. Price target is $36.
- KeyBanc initiates DaVita (DVA +1.5%) at Buy. Price target is $73.
- JMP starts Illumina (ILMN +1.1%) at Market Outperform. Price target is $125.
- KeyBanc starts IPC (IPCM -0.6%) at Hold.
- KeyBanc starts Envision Healthcare (EVHC +1.6%) at Buy. Price target is $40.
- JMP starts Quest Diagnostics (DGX -0.9%) at Market Perform.
- KeyBanc starts Team Health (TMH -0.8%) at Hold.
- JMP starts Lab Corp (LH -0.3%) at Market Perform.
- Goldman upgrades HCA Holdings (HCA +1.6%) to Conviction Buy.
- MKM downgrades Targacept (TRGT -3.1%) to Neutral from Buy.
Oct. 28, 2013, 10:37 AM
- Illumina (ILMN -0.7%) is set to acquire NextBio, which has the capability to "aggregate and analyze large quantities of phenotypic and genomic data for research and clinical applications."
- ILMN says the deal will allow it to "offer customers enterprise level bioinformatics solutions that accelerate the discovery of new associations between the human genome and disease, and ultimately, enable the application of those discoveries within healthcare." (PR)
- ILMN also affirms its 2013 guidance for good measure.
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:47 PM
Oct. 21, 2013, 4:23 PM
- Shares of Illumina (ILMN) are up 6.3% AH following the company's top and bottom line beat.
- Gross margin (ex-items) comes in at 70.2%, roughly in line with Q3 2012.
- R&D expense: $71M versus $54.1M in the same period a year ago.
- "These results highlight another quarter of solid operational execution and record financial performance," CEO Jay Flatley says.
- FY13 outlook: $1.75-1.77/share versus previous guidance of $1.68-1.72/share and against consensus of $1.72/share.
Jul. 23, 2013, 4:34 PM
More on Illumina's (ILMN) Q2: Revenue beats comfortably. Gross margin falls 420 bps on a GAAP basis but only 140 bps ex-items. R&D falls 5% while SG&A rises 29% Y/Y. CEO Jay Flatley is "very pleased" with the company's H1 financial performance. FY13 outlook: Non-GAAP EPS of $1.68-1.72 (20% revenue growth) against consensus of $1.67/ share. Shares +4.8% AH. (PR)| Jul. 23, 2013, 4:34 PM
Jul. 23, 2013, 4:17 PMIllumina (ILMN): Q2 EPS of $0.43 beats by $0.03. Revenue of $346M (+23% Y/Y) beats by $14.23M. Shares +3.7% AH. (PR) | Jul. 23, 2013, 4:17 PM
Jul. 12, 2013, 4:32 PM
Jul. 2, 2013, 10:17 AM
Illumina (ILMN -1.4%) slips this morning on a downgrade to Neutral on valuation at Piper Jaffray. The firm also lowered its price target to $70 from $72 a share, which, based on the chart appears to be in the a conservative call in the mid-range of where its been trading since early March.| Jul. 2, 2013, 10:17 AM | 1 Comment
May 10, 2013, 3:29 PMShares of Illumina (ILMN +10%) ramp higher today, spiking up on heavy volume with no apparent news driving the move. Of note; short interest in the stock continues to inch higher, but days to cover has plummeted as average daily volume in the shares has nearly doubled since March, bringing it back to nearly 2M shares per day, a level it hasn't seen since January - and perhaps an indication of piquing institutional interest. | May 10, 2013, 3:29 PM
Apr. 23, 2013, 12:56 PM
Apr. 23, 2013, 9:27 AM
Illumina (ILMN) moves higher in pre-trading after easily beating on its Q1 yesterday. In its conference call, the company reiterates that it expects a 2% - 4% impact as a result of sequestration, suggesting the damage will likely be limited. One of the offsetting factors management mentions is that "under the continuing resolution much of the NIH allocation was at 90% of the grant amount and so that has a potential small upside effect that could neutralize any of the downside effects from sequestration." Read more on the call here: (Earnings Call Transcript). Shares +9.3% pre-open.| Apr. 23, 2013, 9:27 AM
Apr. 23, 2013, 9:10 AM
Apr. 22, 2013, 5:54 PM
Apr. 22, 2013, 5:10 PM
More on Illumina (ILMN): The stock is trading higher in the post session as its Q1 easily beats across the board on a 21% jump in revenue Y/Y. The company swung to a net loss for the quarter however, after taking nearly a $107M loss related to its unfavorable verdict in its patent litigation with Syntrix Biosystems. R&D and SG&A expenses were both higher as a percentage of revenue, while margins were relatively flat compared to the prior year. Shares +4.3% AH.| Apr. 22, 2013, 5:10 PM