Fri, Oct. 21, 1:50 PM
- See: Internet attack takes many sites offline for hours
- Up today – FireEye (FEYE +1.9%), Palo Alto Networks (PANW +0.6%), Fortinet (FTNT +1.5%), Cyberark Software (CYBR +3.9%), Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP +0.8%), Proofpoint (PFPT +10.5%) [see earnings]
- Despite these gains, on the last-month term FireEye's lower by 9%, Palo Alto Networks' unmoved, Fortinet's down 11%, Cyberark Software's down 6%, Check Point Software Technologies' up 2% and Proofpoint's up 1.7%. Names down today in the space include Imperva (IMPV -2.6%), Symantec (SYMC -0.3%) and Barracuda Networks (CUDA), respectively lower by 12%, 4% and 1% on the month.
- CDN providers – Akamai Technologies (AKAM +1.5%), Limelight Networks (LLNW -0.5%), Level 3 Communications (LVLT -0.6%)
- Related – (NYSEARCA:HACK)
Wed, Oct. 19, 3:03 PM
Wed, Oct. 19, 12:44 PM
Wed, Oct. 19, 9:14 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 8:40 AM
- Private equity firms, IBM, Cisco, Forcepoint and Akamai Technologies had all been claimed to have expressed interest in an Imperva (NYSE:IMPV) takeover.
- New reports out of Bloomberg, however, suggest valuation expectations have been raised, resulting in potential buyers holding off to observe if Imperva's performance going forward can justify a higher price.
Thu, Oct. 13, 10:10 AM
- Thoma Bravo and Silver Lake Management were noted by Bloomberg yesterday to be planning offers, with a new round of bids supposedly due next month.
- IBM and Cisco Systems were also said to be interested in Imperva (NYSE:IMPV) back in September and are considered to remain so.
- Though down 2% today, possibly attributable to an overall difficult week for cybersecurity, Imperva shares have held around 15% gains since the IBM, Cisco Systems (and Forcepoint, Akamai Technologies) reports began circulating on September 22.
Fri, Sep. 23, 3:00 PM
Fri, Sep. 23, 12:45 PM
Fri, Sep. 23, 9:14 AM
Thu, Sep. 22, 5:36 PM
Thu, Sep. 22, 5:01 PM
- Imperva (NYSE:IMPV) disclosed previously it had retained Qatalyst Partners to review strategic alternatives subsequent reports the company was considering a potential sale.
- Talk now circulating has IBM, Cisco and possibly others looking to make a move.
- Update (9/23 4:07PM ET): Bloomberg reported the above-mentioned names as having expressed interest in addition to Forcepoint (NYSE:RTN) and Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ:AKAM). Though no deals materialized today, Imperva shares are nonetheless holding a 20%+ upswing on the report into the weekend.
Thu, Sep. 22, 2:59 PM
- Yahoo has confirmed a breach affecting at least 500M of its users and SecureWorks (SCWX +6.9%) FireEye (FEYE +5.1%), Barracuda Networks (CUDA +2.9%), Palo Alto Networks (PANW +1.8%), Fortinet (FTNT +1.4%), Imperva (IMPV +1.2%), CyberArk Software (CYBR +1%) and others are benefitting because of it.
- The impact of the development on Yahoo has so far been minimal, with shares presently trading up 0.6% on the day.
Tue, Aug. 30, 3:13 PM
- Analyst Rob Owens: "While management had previously attributed its success and strong pipeline build to its depth of management and vigilance building pipeline, the majority of the team praised on the fourth quarter conference call are no longer with the company."
- He downgrades Imperva (IMPV -2.4%) to Sector weight on those management concerns, challenged fundamentals and pressure the company would see if it doesn't realize any strategic alternatives it declared to be pursuing in its inadequate Q2 report.
Fri, Aug. 5, 3:26 PM
- Imperva (IMPV +1.2%) posted lower-than-anticipated Q2 results yesterday, though announced it has retained Qatalyst Partners in an effort to explore options.
- Today, Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller upgraded Imperva to a Buy rating and issued a $64 price target (current price $45.59) based on 6x EV/CY17 revenue.
- Imperva projects Q3 revenue of $62M-$64M, gross margins of around 80%, operating loss of negative $5.4M to negative $4.2M and a net loss of negative $5.9M to negative $4.7M. Projects FY 2016 revenue of $$248.6M-$250.6M, gross margins of around 80%, operating loss of negative $24.5M to negative $23.3M, a net loss of negative $26.3M to negative $25.2M and capital expenditures of $18M-$20M. It additionally expects to generate positive cash flows from operations for the year.
- Needham & Company feels the bar has been adequately lowered as a result of the weak quarter, issued guidance, bank hire and current share price.
Thu, Aug. 4, 5:02 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA