Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.NYSEMKT
Mon, Mar. 14, 10:13 AM
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO -6%) acquires all the assets of Bioject Medical Technologies (OTC:BJCT), including its needle-free injection technology, for $5.5M in cash and stock. The transaction complements Inovio's needle-free skin surface electroporation technology under development for the potential administration its DNA vaccines.
- Under the terms of the deal, Bioject will receive $4.5M in Inovio stock and $1.0M in cash.
May 27, 2014, 6:58 AM
- VGX Animal Health, 90% owned by Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO), sells its animal health assets to Seoul-based Plumbine Life Sciences (PLS). Included in the sale is an exclusive license with Inovio for animal applications of its growth-releasing hormone (GHRH) technology and animal DNA vaccines and a non-exclusive license to INO electroporation delivery systems.
- VGX receives $2M cash in multiple payments, a 20% stake in PLS plus milestone payments and royalties on product sales.
- Inovio retains the human applications of its GHRH technology.
- On another note, INO announces that its DNA-based therapeutic mAb targeting Chikungunya (CHIKV) virus completely protected mice from a lethal CHIKV challenge in a preclinical study. There is currently no vaccine or therapuetic against this mosquito-borne disease. Much work remains, though, before the product is available for human use.