There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- IPWR signed a multi-year purchase agreement with Sharp Electronics.
- The company's hybrid converter has been launched.
- There are several multi-billion dollar industries in which PPSA can be disruptive.
- Ideal Power (IPWR) develops and sells power converter solutions for commercial and industrial grid storage, electric vehicle (“EV”) charging, and photovoltaic (“PV”) generation.
- Ideal’s breakthrough Power Packet Switching Architecture (“PPSA”) technology dramatically improves upon current power conversion technology across metrics including weight, size, cost, efficiency and flexibility.
- IPWR has 19 issued U.S. patents, one Chinese patent, and pending U.S., foreign and international patents providing protection in the European Union, China, India, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Brazil.
- Early customer wins include Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT), the U.S. Department of Energy, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Coritech Services, Sharp, Powin Energy, Green Charge Networks, and the U.S. Navy.
- Northland Capital Markets set a price target of $15/share in May 2014.
- After recent quarterly earnings and a management meeting, I am now more bullish on IPWR's long-term future.
- Major announcements should be coming in the next several months, which could end up being the announcement of major commercial production.
- I now consider IPWR a long-term core holding.
- IPWR's PPSA technology has the potential to be a disruptive technology in the energy storage and EV charging space.
- The company recently completed an IPO and built out its management team as it turns its focus to commercialization.
- The announcement of positive contract news could send shares (current market cap $60mm) much higher.