Thu, Mar. 24, 11:49 AM
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B) and Inpex (OTC:IPXHF) say they have yet to decide whether to invest in an Indonesian onshore liquefied natural gas plant, after Pres. Widodo rejected the companies' $15B plan for a floating LNG facility to process gas from the Masela field offshore.
- Inpex and Indonesia’s upstream oil and gas regulator have said a proposed increase in onshore facilities, as proposed by Widodo, would require pipelines up to 600 km in length and add up to $7.5B in costs.
- Energy experts say Widodo's decision casts doubt on one of the major hopes for growth in Indonesia’s oil and gas output; the country was the world’s largest exporter of LNG a decade ago, but the fast-growing nation of 250M people likely will become a net importer in the coming years as domestic demand soars.
Wed, Mar. 23, 11:23 AM
- Plans by Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B) and Inpex (OTC:IPXHF) to build the world's largest liquefied natural gas plant offshore Indonesia suffer a serious blow, as Pres. Widodo says the project must make use of an onshore refinery instead.
- Widodo says he backs the onshore plan because it would provide bigger economic payoffs to Indonesia's impoverished east than the 7.5M metric tons/year floating LNG project.
- Indonesia's energy regulator, however, warned last week that rejecting the $15B plan to process gas from the Masela field offshore would lead to delays and job cuts.
May 29, 2013, 8:35 AM
Indonesia's PT Energi Mega Persada will sell its 10% stake in the offshore Indonesia Abadi liquefied natural gas project to Japan's Inpex and Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B) for an undisclosed sum. Inpex already owns 60% and Shell 30%; each gets an additional 5%. The field in the Masela block of the Arafura Sea is estimated to have ~18.5T cu. ft. of certified gas reserves.| May 29, 2013, 8:35 AM
May 29, 2013, 7:57 AMRussia's Rosneft (RNFTF.PK) and Japan's Inpex (IPXHF.PK) are set to sign an accord on joint development of offshore oil resources near Magadan in the Sea of Okhotsk in Russia's far east. The agreement reportedly will cover the Magadan-2 and Magadan-3 fields, which has estimated oil reserves of 3.4B barrels. | May 29, 2013, 7:57 AM
May 25, 2012, 5:37 AM
Total (TOT) and Inpex Japan's (IPXHF.PK) are seeking $20B in loans for Ichthys, their Australian LNG project, Reuters reports. It would be the largest set of project finance loans in the world, although it's made more attractive by Inpex already having secured sales contracts with Japanese utilities who need a replacement of nuclear power.| May 25, 2012, 5:37 AM | 1 Comment
May 14, 2012, 9:37 AM
Australia may eventually produce as much as 100M tons of liquefied natural gas a year, making it the world's largest exporter of the fuel, Total (TOT) CEO Christophe de Margerie says. Total and Inpex (IPXHF.PK) are partners in two major projects in the country: the $34B Ichthys LNG project and the $16B Gladstone venture.| May 14, 2012, 9:37 AM
Nov. 10, 2011, 7:29 PM