Wed, Apr. 8, 11:47 AM
- Mylan (MYL +10.4%) submits a non-binding proposal to Perrigo (PRGO +27.6%) to acquire it for $205 per share in a cash-and-stock deal. If consummated, the combined company would generate over $15B in annual sales.
- Generic drug-related tickers: (LCI +3%)(AKRX +4.4%)(MNK +2.8%)(IPXL +2.3%)(TARO +2.3%)(TEVA +3.2%)
Tue, Mar. 10, 8:59 AM
- Impax Laboratories (NASDAQ:IPXL) completes its acquisition of Tower Holdings and Lineage Therapeutics, companies specializing in the development, manufacture and commercialization of complex generic and branded pharmaceuticals. The deal adds four branded and ten generic drugs to Impax's portfolio. It now has 47 total generics with a potential to launch up to 18 more this year, including nine that are not yet approved.
- For 2015, Impax projects adjusted gross margins in the mid-50% range; R&D expenses of $80M - 85M; SG&A expenses of $170M - 180M and CAPEX of $45M - 50M.
- Previously: Impax buys Tower Holdings and Lineage Therapeutics (Oct. 9, 2014)
Oct. 9, 2014, 9:46 AM
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL +13.9%) acquires Tower Holdings, including operating subsidiaries CorePharma LLC and Amedra Pharmaceuticals LLC, and Lineage Therapeutics for $700M in cash. The privately-held companies specialize in the development, manufacture and commercialization of complex generic and branded pharmaceuticals.
- The transaction is expected to add $0.90 to Impax's 2015 EPS.
Impax Laboratories Inc is a technology-based, specialty pharmaceutical company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of bioequivalent and brand-name pharmaceuticals, utilizing its controlled-release and other in-house development.
Other News & PR